GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
asq2
rooneypoo
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SensHulk
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
spader
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
wprager
Ev
LeCaptain
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Spezza on a line with Benn and Seguin.

Probably so that DAL can "get Spezza going."  Laugh1

If they wanted to do that they would have traded for Conacher and Greening.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:The aforementioned Hemsky was 3rd star of the game and had 8 shots on goal. Guessing he probably factored in the shootout too.

He didn't. Spezza and Seguin(?) scored while the opposition was the Devils.

Hemsky playing on the third line is a brilliant move -- overloading the top line means the other team has to play their hardest forwards/pairing against them. And if you have top-six talent left to play all the way on the third line, gravy.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Spezza's SO goal was a mirror image of his last one for the Sens.
General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 34 207145_orig

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's just ridiculous. Imagine if we had a center of that talent level.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:That's just ridiculous. Imagine if we had a center of that talent level.

We'd probably run him out of town anyway. General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 34 852933671

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:That's just ridiculous. Imagine if we had a center of that talent level.

Also, imagine if there were a centre with that talent level who also wasn't also butter-soft, who didn't consistently make rookie mistakes into his 30s, and who could lead a team to winning anything, ever. Would be a beautiful thing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wait, Spezza is playing with Seguin and Benn? Isn't Seguin a center? So which of the two is moved over to wing? Spezza's not really good at what centers do except win face offs.

Here's that shootout goal again (with replays and no speed up):

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

Also, imagine if there were a centre with that talent level who also wasn't also butter-soft, who didn't consistently make rookie mistakes into his 30s, and who could lead a team to winning anything, ever. Would be a beautiful thing.

That does sound pretty great.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Their names as Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Kopitar, Bergeron, Krejci, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Getzlaf -- players no one will ever confuse with Jason Spezza.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Their names as Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Kopitar, Bergeron, Krejci, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Getzlaf -- players no one will ever confuse with Jason Spezza.

Man we should totally get one of these guys.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

One thing you'll note all those guys have in common, besides winning: they were drafted and developed by their current team, and emerged as leaders of those teams over time. You don't 'get' one of them; you make one.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

One thing you'll note all those guys have in common, besides winning: they were drafted and developed by their current team, and emerged as leaders of those teams over time. You don't 'get' one of them; you make one.

I'm with Dr. Poo. We should totally get one of these guys. Nod Sarcasm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

What's the deal with kicking someone out of a faceoff? I thought they weren't doing that this year after the rule change, but I keep seeing it happen.

Is it at the refs' discretion whether or not the person gets a warning and has to stay in or gets kicked out? Does he still get a warning and a penalty on the second offence?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:What's happening with San Jose?  Not that we didn't see trouble brewing with the whole captaincy fiasco.  Lost again last night.  They are now a wildcard team, 3 points up on Minny but they've played 4 extra games.  

Sharks just lost to Buffalo. BUFFALO! I tell ya.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:

I'm with Dr. Poo. We should totally get one of these guys. Nod Sarcasm

Hell, get *two* of 'em like the Penguins did. We'd be totally rolling in Cups, right?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Spezza with 2 points and a -3 in a 6-5 loss

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Spezza with 2 points and a -3 in a 6-5 loss

7-5

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
wprager wrote:What's happening with San Jose?  Not that we didn't see trouble brewing with the whole captaincy fiasco.  Lost again last night.  They are now a wildcard team, 3 points up on Minny but they've played 4 extra games.  

Sharks just lost to Buffalo.  BUFFALO! I tell ya.

Sharks outshot Buffalo 30-15.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum