GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
asq2
rooneypoo
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
SensHulk
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
spader
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
wprager
Ev
LeCaptain
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've bet enough this season....for now.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:I've bet enough this season....for now.

Wanna bet?!?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I've bet enough this season....for now.

Wanna bet?!?

Hmmm, put it that way...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Per Friedman's 30 Thoughts:
---
Team Canada asked Martin Brodeur if he had interest in playing for his country’s Deutschland Cup team next month in November. He declined. Apparently, the invitation was also extended for December’s Spengler Cup, so we’ll see where everything sits at that time.
---
I guess Fatso Brodeur might as well officially retire since he's not interested in taking the opportunitiy to "showcase" his skills.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Per Friedman's 30 Thoughts:
---
Team Canada asked Martin Brodeur if he had interest in playing for his country’s Deutschland Cup team next month in November. He declined. Apparently, the invitation was also extended for December’s Spengler Cup, so we’ll see where everything sits at that time.
---
I guess Fatso Brodeur might as well officially retire since he's not interested in taking the opportunitiy to "showcase" his skills.

What a piece of $hit.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chara injured and won't return. Islanders promptly ahead 3-1.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chara out 4-6 weeks with possibility of surgery,

Bruins sinking ship is sinking...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yikes.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Canes mercilessly curb stomped by Flames.

More to come

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I have no idea who is worse, Buffalo or Carolina. 2 teams Ottawa was predicted to finish around.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Chara out 4-6 weeks with possibility of surgery,

Bruins sinking ship is sinking...

My son's ex team mate (now on different teams in midget) was chirping me before their game (he's a good kid, don't get me wrong, but he does chirp). Huge Bruins fan. So I let him chirp a bit before dropping the news. He never saw it coming.

When Chara left the game it was tied 1-1, soon became 3-1. Kelly scored late to make it close -- that, in itself, is troubling. Where was the Boston D-depth? Where were their top players? At one point last week Rask was 40th in the league in SV%. Depending where you make the cut off of games played, he's not faring any better right now.

With Chara on the side-lines for 6 weeks (and longer to get into game shape) and Rask playing like this, how deep of a hole will the Bruins find themselves in? They've also played 9 games already. Yikes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What's happening with San Jose? Not that we didn't see trouble brewing with the whole captaincy fiasco. Lost again last night. They are now a wildcard team, 3 points up on Minny but they've played 4 extra games.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Boston losing Chara hurts... a lot. Not sure if that will be enough of a knock out blow though. They have Bambie legs right now though.

San Jose? Team is fragile and I would say there is a rift there in a big way right now. Old guard vs new guard like it was in Ottawa. They have to move Thornton this year otherwise his value will just drop and they will have the same problems. If they move Thornton to a team like Montreal or NYR then they could get an enormous sum for him. It would also help in creating depth in that organization right now which it needs. Depth wins championships along with a solid blueline.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Red Wings rally to tie the game, scoring 2 goals with the goalie pulled, then win it in OT. Abdelkader scored the winner after taking a puck to the face earlier in the game. I'm sure we'll see his heroics on Coach's Corner.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The play Datsyuk made to tie that game was unbelievable. He's still a top player in the game and he's a guy no one talks about.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Red Wings rally to tie the game, scoring 2 goals with the goalie pulled, then win it in OT.  Abdelkader scored the winner after taking a puck to the face earlier in the game.  I'm sure we'll see his heroics on Coach's Corner.

And hear of these heroic deeds from the name dropper.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Boston losing Chara hurts... a lot.  Not sure if that will be enough of a knock out blow though.  They have Bambie legs right now though.

San Jose?  Team is fragile and I would say there is a rift there in a big way right now.  Old guard vs new guard like it was in Ottawa.  They have to move Thornton this year otherwise his value will just drop and they will have the same problems.  If they move Thornton to a team like Montreal or NYR then they could get an enormous sum for him.  It would also help in creating depth in that organization right now which it needs.  Depth wins championships along with a solid blueline.

Chara may not be a knockout punch but combined with Rask playing like a bad backup it could spell disaster. Rask is a very good goalie so unless he's injured I don't see this continuing (it's not like he's in his declining years -- something we could be seeing in NYR -- .894 SV% despite the respectable 4-2 record). But if something *is* bothering Rask (injury-wise) then it could get bad. With all those games in hand it won't be easy to catch up.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:The play Datsyuk made to tie that game was unbelievable.  He's still a top player in the game and he's a guy no one talks about.

EVERYBODY talks about Datsyuk ad nauseum. He's constantly on the front page of nhl.com.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum