GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brunnstrom scores hat-trick in NHL debut

+4
Cronie
PTFlea
mattshock
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Brunnstrom scores hat-trick in NHL debut Empty Brunnstrom scores hat-trick in NHL debut Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:09 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Only I could have sworn the Oilers were beating the Ducks on the same night, not losing to Fabulous Fabian. The exerpt below is from here (it'll likely change soon):
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=386893
The Dallas Stars'
forward, who signed to a two-year contract with the Stars in May after
being courted by several NHL teams — notched a hat trick on Wednesday
night, leading his new team to a 6-4 victory against the Edmonton Oilers at the American Airlines Center.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Healthy Scratches will be scratching their heads today. Yesterday they were going off about how Brunnstrom couldn't crack the Stars' lineup.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Only I could have sworn the Oilers were beating the Ducks on the same night, not losing to Fabulous Fabian. The exerpt below is from here (it'll likely change soon):
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=386893
The Dallas Stars'
forward, who signed to a two-year contract with the Stars in May after
being courted by several NHL teams — notched a hat trick on Wednesday
night, leading his new team to a 6-4 victory against the Edmonton Oilers at the American Airlines Center.

Hmm, I wonder if it's too late to pick this guy up in my hockey pool.

I'm still carrying Cam Barker so it's a free pickup if he's available.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy cow. That's literally unheard of to come into your first came ever and notch a hat-trick. A couple of lucky bounces to Richards to set him up, but damn...finishing is what it's all about.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Holy cow. That's literally unheard of to come into your first came ever and notch a hat-trick. A couple of lucky bounces to Richards to set him up, but damn...finishing is what it's all about.

Unreal.

Come on Winchester, show us you're the best undrafted rookie playing this year! Upstage Fabian with four goals tomorrow.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah man, do it. Not only him, but now Leino for Detroit might get a chance. Cool. Undrafted players are fun (when you have a good one).

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have no doubt that Winnie will be an integral scorer and player for the Sens this year.

Thing is with Fabian, he's set the bar pretty high for himself. Here's hoping he can maintain that level (and I don't mean he has to get hat-tricks left, right and center).

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:
504Heater wrote:Holy cow. That's literally unheard of to come into your first came ever and notch a hat-trick. A couple of lucky bounces to Richards to set him up, but damn...finishing is what it's all about.

Unreal.

Come on Winchester, show us you're the best undrafted rookie playing this year! Upstage Fabian with four goals tomorrow.

It would be nice!

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:I have no doubt that Winnie will be an integral scorer and player for the Sens this year.

Thing is with Fabian, he's set the bar pretty high for himself. Here's hoping he can maintain that level (and I don't mean he has to get hat-tricks left, right and center).

True, there was lots of hype before he signed (LOTS!), but remember he's making Chris Kelly money. If he puts up 20 goals I'd say he'll have met and exceeded the expectations, at least financially.

Can anyone imagine a hat trick from Kelly? 8)

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:I have no doubt that Winnie will be an integral scorer and player for the Sens this year.

True, there was lots of hype before he signed (LOTS!), but remember he's making Chris Kelly money. If he puts up 20 goals I'd say he'll have met and exceeded the expectations, at least financially.

LOL.. yeah right... But it's ok he'll penalty kill his way to his 2.1! Most overpaid penalty killer of all time, that Kelly...

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
mattbond wrote:

LOL.. yeah right... But it's ok he'll penalty kill his way to his 2.1! Most overpaid penalty killer of all time, that Kelly...

At least he's not making Jeff Finger money.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:
smash88 wrote:
mattbond wrote:

At least he's not making Jeff Finger money.

At least Finger though has the potential to justify the money he's making.. He's going to be Toronto's number 1 defenceman after Kaberle, so he'll be able to prove his worth.. Kelly plays 3rd line minutes at best and is a penalty killer... There's no way he should be making more than 1.5, I'd gladly give his spot to one of our young guys...

I know a lot of people like Chris Kelly, and i'm not saying he's a bad player, just that he makes too much for what he is worth to us...

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I disagree with that assessment. Although Kelly doesn't score many goals, he's worth every penny he's making. Can you even imagine what our PK would look like without him?

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:I disagree with that assessment. Although Kelly doesn't score many goals, he's worth every penny he's making. Can you even imagine what our PK would look like without him?

We have tons of guys that can play the PK... Vermette, Alfie, McAmmond, Donovan, I've seen Heatley out there.. I'd even use Fisher... But a penalty killer isn't that uncommon.. It's just too much IMO

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

Savard fired in Chicago. Pretty crazy after a 1-2-1 start. He's being replaced by Quennville.

I think the writing was on the wall before the season even started - crazy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum