GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All things 2014 Playoffs

+16
spader
Vandelay
DefenceWinsChampionships
asq2
SensHulk
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Flo The Action
shabbs
tim1_2
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

46All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:33 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:Habs outshot them 44-25... Yes, Mtl was all over them at times.. but if Bishop was in net he probably would not have allowed the same number of goals against that Lindback did. There is always Gudelskis.. or whatever his name is..

Disappointed Pitts won. Columbus was up 3-1.. but like Ottawa usually does.. took back to back penalties.. and that was it...

Also looks like Anaheim is going to rollover Dallas...

Tampa is done. Price will have a much better game Friday and they'll be 2-0 going back home.

Columbus isn't getting the goaltending but neither are the Penguins. Still think the Penguins take it.

47All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:33 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:What a goal by Stamkos.

The number of goals he prevented is even more impressive. What a player.

48All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:00 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

That was close, Dallas should have won that game but panicked early.

49All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:19 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:No shortage of goals to start the playoffs eh?

Wow. MAF gives up 3 and still wins. Price gives up 4 and still wins. Ducks go up 4-0 then hang on for dear life to win 4-3. Penguins game aside, what happened to tight playoff defense and clutch goaltending?

50All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:26 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

[i]
NEELY wrote:If Lindback is 1/2 decent this game the Bolts win going away.

They got outshot nearly 2-to-1. What is a backup supposed to do? What about Price giving up 4 goals on 25 shots -- why aren't you saying something similar about him? Don't think Price will give up 4 again in this series. Don't necessarily think Habs will score 5, either, but the way Gallagher and Briere were going you never know. Doubt they can keep this pace up for a long run, though, but would love a Gallagher type on the Sens.

51All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:28 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If Lindback is in they will score 4, 5 on most nights.  Lindback is always off his post, always way out of position, never in a position to make another save after a rebound for the most part, he was and is an awful NHL goaltender. 

I know what Price can do and have seen him play, he's all world.

52All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:51 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He ain't all world in the playoffs. Career choker so far.

53All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:55 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

We'll see, I hope he does choke, I hate the Habs but the goaltending matchup isn't close.

54All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:09 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Tampa is gonna be disgustingly good in 3ish years.  

That's what you said 3ish years ago.  Laughing3 

55All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Really? That's pretty interesting if I did - which I don't recall doing, because they're actually pretty decent now.

Johnson is a speedy little rascal, Gudas is a monster, Palat seems to be the real deal, Kucherov (sp) has a bit of jam, Panik is a much bigger dude than I thought he was, Purcell is money, Killorn has impressed me all year, Hedman is very smooth, very nice player. Filpulla looks like potentially the best UFA signing of last year - perhaps with MacArthur.

Then they steal a number one goalie from us to round things out.

Team looks primed, but they're clearly still young. 3 years and they'll be where Boston is IMO.

56All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:We'll see, I hope he does choke, I hate the Habs but the goaltending matchup isn't close.

How long is Bishop out? Any longer than another game and this series is over I think.

57All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:45 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Really?  That's pretty interesting if I did - which I don't recall doing, because they're actually pretty decent now.

Johnson is a speedy little rascal, Gudas is a monster, Palat seems to be the real deal, Kucherov (sp) has a bit of jam, Panik is a much bigger dude than I thought he was, Purcell is money, Killorn has impressed me all year, Hedman is very smooth, very nice player.  Filpulla looks like potentially the best UFA signing of last year - perhaps with MacArthur.

Team looks primed, but they're clearly still young.  3 years and they'll be where Boston is IMO.

Bishop is not Rask and they don't have the depth at centre or D that Boston has.

I'd be shocked if they even make the playoffs next year

58All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:52 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Really?  That's pretty interesting if I did - which I don't recall doing, because they're actually pretty decent now.

Johnson is a speedy little rascal, Gudas is a monster, Palat seems to be the real deal, Kucherov (sp) has a bit of jam, Panik is a much bigger dude than I thought he was, Purcell is money, Killorn has impressed me all year, Hedman is very smooth, very nice player.  Filpulla looks like potentially the best UFA signing of last year - perhaps with MacArthur.

Team looks primed, but they're clearly still young.  3 years and they'll be where Boston is IMO.

Bishop is not Rask and they don't have the depth at centre or D that Boston has.

I'd be shocked if they even make the playoffs next year

Time for a bet?

59All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:22 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

$20 Lightning don't make playoffs next year

60All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:$20 Lightning don't make playoffs next year

I'll take that bet.

61All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:

I'll take that bet.

REDACTED is banking on Bishop being a flash in the pan.

62All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:28 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I thought they were supposed to falter since January  Laugh1 

63All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll enjoy this one. I'm gonna have it cashed into quarters and bathe in it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum