GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All things 2014 Playoffs

+16
spader
Vandelay
DefenceWinsChampionships
asq2
SensHulk
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Flo The Action
shabbs
tim1_2
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

511All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 35 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sat May 03, 2014 3:43 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Winning is such an habit. The Kings, Blackhawks and the Bruins are just built to win no matter what the situation and how much time left there is in a series, game, or period.

512All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 35 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sat May 03, 2014 3:53 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I love how Mendes supports subban all the time. I wonder why

513All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 35 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sat May 03, 2014 4:30 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I love how Mendes supports subban all the time. I wonder why

'Cause he grew up a Habs fan? He still carries his fan club membership card in his wallet (not a joke, although the reason is not because he's still a rabid Habs fan).

514All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 35 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sat May 03, 2014 4:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So, any idea what Thornton was skating on in the third? I realize finess is nto his game, and that he probably doesn't need the MCL like some other players, but the way he went off he must have snapped something.

515All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 35 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sat May 03, 2014 4:38 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

'Cause he grew up a Habs fan?  He still carries his fan club membership card in his wallet (not a joke, although the reason is not because he's still a rabid Habs fan).

There's another reason.

516All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 35 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sat May 03, 2014 4:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

'Cause he grew up a Habs fan?  He still carries his fan club membership card in his wallet (not a joke, although the reason is not because he's still a rabid Habs fan).

There's another reason.

You don't need to spell it out, I can read between the lines. I just think you are a bit off.

BTW, did you mean that tweet when he said "Can't wait to hear how that Thornton injury was PK Subban's fault"? How is that supporting Subban? Subban was shooting the puck in and spinning away from a hit. Thornton was more intent on trying to hit him before the puck was gone (failed) than thinking clearly about safety. Oh, and him sucking at skating probably helped, too. If anything it could have been a charge on Thornton. I cannot fathom why he was made at PK (other than Thornton being a dummy and all).

517All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 35 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sat May 03, 2014 5:17 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The guy is a beast though, gotta admit it.

518All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 35 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sun May 04, 2014 7:49 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anyone stay up for the LA/ANA OT? Gaborik ties it up with 7 seconds to go, then wins it in OT.

519All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 35 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sun May 04, 2014 12:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, pretty boring game until the end though.

520All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 35 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sun May 04, 2014 7:17 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hawks be rollin'...

521All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 35 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sun May 04, 2014 10:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Crosby score yet?

522All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 35 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sun May 04, 2014 10:12 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Crosby score yet?

No.. They said earlier that he hasn't scored a goal since Mar 30th..

523All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 35 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Sun May 04, 2014 11:53 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I don't remember a single Conn Smythe worthy playoffs for Crosby in all his 7-8 years in the playoffs.

524All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 35 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Mon May 05, 2014 6:16 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They should trade him for spezza

525All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 35 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Mon May 05, 2014 9:41 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Isn't Crosby playing with some injury? thought I read that somewhere.

526All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 35 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Mon May 05, 2014 9:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Isn't Crosby playing with some injury? thought I read that somewhere.

So was Spezza. Back surgery, right? But if that's no excuse for #19 it certainly shouldn't be for the face of NHL hockey. Trade the bum.

I wonder if there is a Facebook Rally being planned to show Sid that they still like him despite not having scored a goal in his last 13 playoff games (Penguins are 6-7 in those games, including last night's shutout over the Rangers).

I know everyone is saying Sid's fine, he's still bringing the intangibles blah-blah-blah. Reality is 6-7 in the playoffs doesn't get you very far -- especially if you require a shutout from MAF to get you close to .500.

527All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 35 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Mon May 05, 2014 11:41 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol let's compare Crosby to Spezza now

528All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 35 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Mon May 05, 2014 11:59 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:Isn't Crosby playing with some injury? thought I read that somewhere.

So was Spezza.  Back surgery, right?  But if that's no excuse for #19 it certainly shouldn't be for the face of NHL hockey.  Trade the bum.

Spezza is always playing with some sort of back injury, besides he got surgery and sucked for a long time.

I presume Crosby got injured and is playing through it instead of getting treated/surgery etc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum