GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
senskid11
Oglethorpe
Fulcrum
Hoags
LeCaptain
Vandelay
sandysensfan
ddt
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Flo The Action
Ev
SensHulk
PTFlea
tim1_2
NEELY
shabbs
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Why not Hammond, I wonder.  He did well last time.  I guess they didn't like my "Stop!  Hammond time."

I don't think anyone liked that.
That is correct.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Haters be hatin'

ddt

Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not gonna take that as a big excuse.  A millionaire should be able to provide assistance to his spouce when he needs to workout.

I'm glad he appears to be rounding back to the old Michalek though, I always really liked him obviously.

I think it's simply the knee surgery that he had in Europe that caused him to miss significant off-season training and he hasn't found his feet until now.  The question I would have remains: is he going to remain healthy, or is this just one big risk?

He didn't have knee surgery.  He had a "procedure".  Not to minimize it, but it's just not the same thing.

What type of procedure was it?

Blood injections.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Plasma injections. Plasma doesn't look anything like blood. It is a clear, yellowish liquid. Kinda like oil (at least the vegetable variety). Milan is the Tin Man.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ddt wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not gonna take that as a big excuse.  A millionaire should be able to provide assistance to his spouce when he needs to workout.

I'm glad he appears to be rounding back to the old Michalek though, I always really liked him obviously.

I think it's simply the knee surgery that he had in Europe that caused him to miss significant off-season training and he hasn't found his feet until now.  The question I would have remains: is he going to remain healthy, or is this just one big risk?

He didn't have knee surgery.  He had a "procedure".  Not to minimize it, but it's just not the same thing.

What type of procedure was it?

Blood injections.

Hehe. Those wacky Germans.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, so it was blood serum, not plasma (I had read plasma earlier).

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:Why not Hammond, I wonder.  He did well last time.  I guess they didn't like my "Stop!  Hammond time."

Lawson was signed to be the first call-up and #1 in Bingo. Hammond performed well no doubt but it's not his job right now considering he's a 1st year pro out of the NCAA.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING

Can we play now please?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOO

Can we play now please?

FTFY

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Blood injections sounds friggin rancid. Blah.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:So after last night's festivities, we're 5 points back of the last wildcard spot, with three teams between us and it.  We have to beat out New Jersey, Detroit, Washington, and Philadelphia.  Urg.

I think Detroit plays the Oilers tonight. Guaranteed they will not blow it like the Sens did..

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Never underestimate any team this time of year. Teams out of the race often win quite a bit.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Blood injections sounds friggin rancid.  Blah.  

They squeeze some out, spin it, then warm it up, then squirt it into his knee. A hot oil treatment.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ryan and Zibanejad talk about their new PK role:

http://senators.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=27192

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah good for MacLean to get these guys into those roles. This team takes so many penalties you might as well play them instead of letting them rot on the bench.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Hate to sound like a drama queen but this, to me, is a career defining game for Spezza. Win or lose, he needs to be the best forward on the ice. He needs a playoff game performance. He doesn't need to hit (he never will) but he needs to be moving up and down the ice every shift. If he can't carry the team in a game like this, we're just wasting our time. The rest of the team (the young ones) can blame inexperience but if they do, they better be saying that they failed to match their captain's intensity.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Let's take it over to the GDT.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Let's burn that GDT.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]