GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
senskid11
Oglethorpe
Fulcrum
Hoags
LeCaptain
Vandelay
sandysensfan
ddt
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Flo The Action
Ev
SensHulk
PTFlea
tim1_2
NEELY
shabbs
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Borowiecki or Wiercioch will be on of the two moved for sure... unless they decide to go with 8 D-men next year which isn't the worst idea but smart money is on a trade.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not gonna take that as a big excuse.  A millionaire should be able to provide assistance to his spouce when he needs to workout.

I'm glad he appears to be rounding back to the old Michalek though, I always really liked him obviously.

I think it's simply the knee surgery that he had in Europe that caused him to miss significant off-season training and he hasn't found his feet until now.  The question I would have remains: is he going to remain healthy, or is this just one big risk?

He didn't have knee surgery. He had a "procedure". Not to minimize it, but it's just not the same thing.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
Don't forget we have Claesson knocking on the door (+34 and a left shot) and Wideman pretty close too.  Claesson seems like he's ready for a shot NOW, which only further crams up our defence on the left side.  I'd bet Borocop gets dealt.

Remember when we thought Wiercioch was knocking on the door when he was a sophomore and we couldn't wait for him to skip his third/fourth year and step right onto the Ottawa blue line? That was 4-5 years ago. Good times.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hope Boro gets a shot in ottawa. don't see him having much value until after he gets an extended time spent in the NHL.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boro is a local kid, cheap, effective (loves to hit, blocks shots, can play his off-side). He's also not going to be expected to be top-four. Since you have to carry a 7th D anyway, might as well carry one who can do a lot of things.

But not matter what, we have 6 D on one-ways next season, and it doesn't appear Ceci is going back, so that's 7. Then there's Gryba, who's RFA, but also our only RHS shutdown guy. Maybe a few years down the road Ceci develops into an all-around guy who can play 20-25 minutes and take a regular shift on the PK, until then it's either Gryba or someone to replace him. So that's 8D without considering any long-shots to make the team out of camp.

It's a good problem to have, but it's a problem.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not gonna take that as a big excuse.  A millionaire should be able to provide assistance to his spouce when he needs to workout.

I'm glad he appears to be rounding back to the old Michalek though, I always really liked him obviously.

I think it's simply the knee surgery that he had in Europe that caused him to miss significant off-season training and he hasn't found his feet until now.  The question I would have remains: is he going to remain healthy, or is this just one big risk?

He didn't have knee surgery.  He had a "procedure".  Not to minimize it, but it's just not the same thing.

What type of procedure was it?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

He didn't have knee surgery.  He had a "procedure".  Not to minimize it, but it's just not the same thing.

Surgical.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So after last night's festivities, we're 5 points back of the last wildcard spot, with three teams between us and it. We have to beat out New Jersey, Detroit, Washington, and Philadelphia. Urg.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Surgical.

I seem to recall it being referred to as "plasma therapy". That does not necessarily imply a surgery to me. My guess is that they squirted some "oil" into his knee like Dorothy did to the Tin Man. The "oilcan" was likely a needle, and the "oil" was what they called plasma. So it would have been a minor surgery since skin was broken. But Alfie had a scope in his knee fishing out bits and pieces of cartilage, and he missed a couple of games.

All that to say that I don't think the "knee surgery" kept him out of the gym for any long time. But, having lived through (or near) four pregnancies, I can tell you that that certainly can keep you out of the gym.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The procedure was the same one Kobe had. They injected blood into the knee.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:The procedure was the same one Kobe had. They injected blood into the knee.

If it was called "plasma therapy" then it was just the plasma part of the blood. Basically, like I said, they squirted "oil" into his knee, and then they went off to see the Wizard.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nathan Lawson has been called up, so I guess Matrix won't be starting tomorrow. #ReleaseTheLehner

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yep, looks that way...

#ReleaseTheLehner

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Why not Hammond, I wonder. He did well last time. I guess they didn't like my "Stop! Hammond time."

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Why not Hammond, I wonder. He did well last time. I guess they didn't like my "Stop! Hammond time."

I don't think anyone liked that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Why not Hammond, I wonder.  He did well last time.  I guess they didn't like my "Stop!  Hammond time."

I don't think anyone liked that.
That is correct.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Haters be hatin'

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

Blood injections.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum