GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
senskid11
Oglethorpe
Fulcrum
Hoags
LeCaptain
Vandelay
sandysensfan
ddt
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Flo The Action
Ev
SensHulk
PTFlea
tim1_2
NEELY
shabbs
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

ROR would be a perfect player here and he's a total PMac type player. It really comes down to what it would take.
There would be a lot of interest from around the league for sure.

Personally I think Colorado would prefer to just deal Stastny's rights before July 1st and keep ROR.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

for a second I was wondering if you had an admirer coming over and regurgitating your opinions over there. I go over there maybe once a month, nothing of importance ever happens over there anymore. SC seems out of the loop for the most part these days about possible moves and what the org is doing... then again, the org doesn't seem to know what it's doing either.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol it is obviously

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ya I think ROR is a pipe dream but i'd be willing to maybe overpay for that pipedream, give them spezza +.
but i doubt they even want spezza.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:ya I think ROR is a pipe dream but i'd be willing to maybe overpay for that pipedream, give them spezza +.

Anaheim and St. Louis are most likely.

Send him home to Toronto for all I care, I'm sure his family would love it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Send him wherever you can, just send him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:ya I think ROR is a pipe dream but i'd be willing to maybe overpay for that pipedream, give them spezza +.

oh god that could be funny. watch him deteriorate even more and implode the whole franchise with him.
now I have the benny hill music in my head.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:so is Neely MB on senschirp? seems like the same arguments word for word on ROR...

Sure am, lol.  People on that site need to be called out.

I've told you simpletons before not to frequent those other hives of scum and villainy.    

Meh, gotta lay the smack down sometimes.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:

I don't know about St-louis either. I could see them wanting him but it's the return i'm unsire about. IMO we'd need a C back in that trade and I don't see them giving up a guy like backes in return.

if we're looking for wingers, maybe some D, then sure there's something to be worked out.

same for Anaheim. whoever was it that proposed Cogs and our 1st... that's a weak trade, there must be better out there.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I honestly believe they move O'Reilly when he gives his contract demands.  They can't afford to pay him more than Duchene long term and upwards of 50 mil in total.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

I honestly believe they move O'Reilly when he gives his contract demands.  They can't afford to pay him more than Duchene long term and upwards of 50 mil in total.
ya I saw your arguments on SC but the one argument that made sense was they they give him what he wants and when the time comes when they have tom re-up the young guys then that's when they pull a trade. Patrick Roy is part of player decisions, that man is Nuts! don't think it's past him to leave that leave a problematic situation unresolved till it's time to act. they could be playing "a la Holmgreb" just make trades when they need it.
i would not put it past them. certainly might make them a better team short run then trading ROR for spezza.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Didn't Roy come out and say it would take a super offer to move O'Reilly?  I believe he did.  If he was a sure thing to stay in Colorado he would have said "he's not going anywhere" but again it's all just BS anyways.

Signing O'Reilly to an 8 year deal at 6.5-7 per is a risk.  If he injures himself and he can't be moved then what?  Either way we'll see but I could see the Sens throwing a huge offer at Roy and the Avs.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Didn't Roy come out and say it would take a super offer to move O'Reilly?  I believe he did.  If he was a sure thing to stay in Colorado he would have said "he's not going anywhere" but again it's all just BS anyways.

Signing O'Reilly to an 8 year deal at 6.5-7 per is a risk.  If he injures himself and he can't be moved then what?  Either way we'll see but I could see the Sens throwing a huge offer at Roy and the Avs.

I believe him or Sakic also said they have a contract offer with Stastny's name on it in a desk drawer ready to go. Unless they are bluffing they could go either way.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I love going through different scenario's in my head and obviously Spezza being here next year is one but O'Reilly might be the perfect player to play next to Spezza and be a LH option up the middle as well.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Didn't Roy come out and say it would take a super offer to move O'Reilly?  I believe he did.  If he was a sure thing to stay in Colorado he would have said "he's not going anywhere" but again it's all just BS anyways.

Roy isn't their gm lol

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:

Roy isn't their gm lol

Yah I get that but I also think he has a ton of say doesn't he?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
same for Anaheim. whoever was it that proposed Cogs and our 1st... that's a weak trade, there must be better out there.

Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy with Cogliano and a 1st for Spezza. Every team in the league will ahve concerns about his long-term health. Plus, he's only got one year left on his deal, so there's no guarantee he'll be around after next season. Plus, well...if they've watched him play this year.... It's not an issue of getting good return for Spezza, it's an issue of getting him off our team. Take the best offer this summer and just move on.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

There is also the very real possibility Ottawa makes that trade and then perhaps goes out and signs a guy like Stastny and then the Sens are absolutely no worse for wear at that point.  I think the bigger move that will settle things down in Ottawa and in that room at this point is moving Anderson.  It will be more of a major trade but it will be enough to shake up the room and at least have the team and coaches focusing on one less thing.  Lehner is the #1, go with it, no questions, get a back up (Nabokov).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum