GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
spader
Hobiesens
Vandelay
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
Ev
Oglethorpe
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
NEELY
SensHulk
wprager
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm hoping for the Senate-snores to obliterate the Wings in their return to NHL action. No mercy.

The Wings play in Montreal the night before too.

Precisely, Hobiesens.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hobiesens wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm hoping for the Senate-snores to obliterate the Wings in their return to NHL action. No mercy.

The Wings play in Montreal the night before too.

Just got a pair of tickets for my kid's BD. Not great, but not bad seats, either, 212 Row B (hope most of the action in the 1st/3rd periods is right there). Got a better deal than Broker4Tickets or StubHub or FaXchange. They charged some fees but all-in I paid $220 for the pair and it would have been $308 for a bit better ones (206 Row D) but at the other end. 206 is on the circle, 212 is corner, but I prefer being closer to the goals for, and row B over D is nice, too.

Man, there are so many different places now to buy tickets.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

vividseats.com is a good one too.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:vividseats.com is a good one too.

Yeah, checked those out (after the fact); prices looked pretty good at first but they have extra charges as well, so in the end still more than what I paid for similar seats. I wonder if it ultimately depends on the seller.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have no doubt that Prags sniffed out the best deal, as usual.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:I have no doubt that Prags sniffed out the best deal, as usual.

I know you are joking, but it's nearly impossible to figure out what the "best deal" is, since there are hardly ever two tickets exactly alike (different games, different seats availability). Plus, like I said, it's likely largely determined by the seller (the season ticket holder who puts his tickets up for sale).

NEELY

Mod
Mod

or go to stubhub on gameday

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:or go to stubhub on gameday

Couldn't do that for a birthday present.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

is stubhub ridiculously cheaper then gate prices on game day?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

yup

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:

is stubhub ridiculously cheaper then gate prices on game day?

Gotta figure on game day people are desperate to sell. Of course, if the game is popular you're not likely to get very good seats.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Every seat at CTC is pretty solid. Never understood why people dish out huge cash to sit close. I love standing room and sitting up top, you get to see everything.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Every seat at CTC is pretty solid.  Never understood why people dish out huge cash to sit close.  I love standing room and sitting up top, you get to see everything.

obviously cash has been my problem but i've never sit anywhere bellow the 3rd floor at CTC. i loved it. in montreal those seats half way up the 3rd level are crap, you can't see well. love the way the CTC was designed. you get vertigo but you see the whole game.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Every seat at CTC is pretty solid.  Never understood why people dish out huge cash to sit close.  I love standing room and sitting up top, you get to see everything.

I used to get free seats from Boston Pizza every now and again and I saw some real nice games from the next to last row. Great memories. Got to sit with some Isles fans who made the trip to Kanata to see their team get beat 6 - 0 and featured two Roy v. Chara scraps.

My worst experience 300 bucks for two seats to see us get smoked by the Avs.

But I've sat pretty well everywhere and have no complaints.

Flo The Action wrote:obviously cash has been my problem but i've never sit anywhere bellow the 3rd floor at CTC. i loved it. in montreal those seats half way up the 3rd level are crap, you can't see well. love the way the CTC was designed. you get vertigo but you see the whole game.

It's getting closer to being The Sport of Kings every year. I've been to my fair share of games at the Forum and playoff standing room went for 11 bucks. I can't imagine anything being steeper than the top level of the Forum. Those stairs were almost like a stepladder.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

every year i manage to find tickets for under 50$ for a sens game in montreal... but it's a hunt. still it's always nice to at least go once a year.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:every year i manage to find tickets for under 50$ for a sens game in montreal... but it's a hunt. still it's always nice to at least go once a year.

Where exactly can I get those sweety deals?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:every year i manage to find tickets for under 50$ for a sens game in montreal... but it's a hunt. still it's always nice to at least go once a year.

Where exactly can I get those sweety deals?
kijiji actually. mostly last minute

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I remember getting into the Forum for $8 one night. The game had already started and the scalper had two tickets left -- one for himself and the one he hadn't sold yet. I had $12 in my wallet and I needed $4 for the bus home. I showed him the wallet and he grunted but let me have the ticket.

Another time a buddy and I went to a game 7 against the Flyers. They lost but, what a game. It was standing room, and every time something was going on the crowd stood, so we had to jump up on the dividers -- hands on the railings and with our feet dangling below. With the hands busy we could not clap, so we banged our feet on the dividers. My shins were purple the next day from all the bruises. What an experience.

Another time my dad got tickets from work (Avon) and we saw Lemieux. I remember Jean Beliveau sitting a couple of rows behind us. Also remember Lemieux hanging out by the center ice line most of the game; what a cherry picker.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum