GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
spader
Hobiesens
Vandelay
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
Ev
Oglethorpe
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
NEELY
SensHulk
wprager
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol I wasn't assuming. But if he did get waived, he would clear

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:lol I wasn't assuming. But if he did get waived, he would clear

No way to know for sure unless he were waived but safe to say you're dead wrong.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:lol I wasn't assuming. But if he did get waived, he would clear

No way to know for sure unless he were waived but safe to say you're dead wrong.

he might get picked up by buffalo...that would be it

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Where did you hear he was getting sent down, Ev?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

According to The Douche, Da Costa has been nursing that injury since he got called up.

The Olympic break may be just what the doctor ordered...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Unreal line: Conacher-Zibanejad-Ryan

Put Da Costa on that line instead of Conacher?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Where did you hear he was getting sent down, Ev?

I didn't hear anything, I was being sarcastic. That's why I said, "of course"

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:According to The Douche, Da Costa has been nursing that injury since he got called up.

If he's playing like that nursing an injury lol, wow.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:According to The Douche, Da Costa has been nursing that injury since he got called up.

So some players on this team can actually perform while hurt eh  Sarcasm 

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, don't listen to Ev when he makes his assumptions.  If Da Costa is sent down, he will have to clear waivers.

Interesting situation. He gets called up and the team knows full well that they can't send him back down. I doubt they intended to keep him on the big team so I guess he was called up to get traded or they were hoping he would get picked up this time around?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not so stupid eh guys...

Steve Lloyd ‏@TSNSteveLloyd 1m
Da Costa has been sent back to Binghamton.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I'm not so stupid eh guys...

Steve Lloyd ‏@TSNSteveLloyd 1m

Except you already backtracked and said your original comment about him being sent down was sarcastic, lol.

It sounds like he's not on waivers, so apparently my interpretation of the waiver rules (or Capgeek's Waiver Calculator) is wrong.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They probably want him to keep playing during the break. Roster freeze is imminent and then they can't move him I believe. Does he need to go through waivers for sure?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Sucks but that's what happens when roster freeze is today at 3pm. They probably see more upside in him playing during the olympic break rather than not.

I'm on the fence on this decision but I can understand it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:They probably want him to keep playing during the break. Roster freeze is imminent and then they can't move him I believe. Does he need to go through waivers for sure?

I thought he needed to go through waivers based on the links and info I provided yesterday...but now there's no mention of him being on waivers, so I have no idea.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

Steve Lloyd ‏@TSNSteveLloyd  1m

Except you already backtracked and said your original comment about him being sent down was sarcastic, lol.  

It sounds like he's not on waivers, so apparently my interpretation of the waiver rules (or Capgeek's Waiver Calculator) is wrong.

Pretty confusing plus the media doesn't seem to know either... I think once you clear you can go up and down for the rest of the season.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

No I was being sarcastic about being sarcastic.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Pretty confusing plus the media doesn't seem to know either... I think once you clear you can go up and down for the rest of the season.

Holy fark. I figured it out by finally just reading the actual CBA. Here's the applicable clause:
---
13.2 The "Playing Season Waiver Period" shall begin on the twelfth (12th) day prior to the
start of the Regular Season and end on the day following the last day of a Club's Playing Season.
Subject to the provisions of this Article, the rights to the services of a Player may be Loaned to a
club of another league, upon fulfillment of the following conditions, except when elsewhere
expressly prohibited:

(a) Regular Waivers were requested and cleared during the Playing Season Waiver
Period; and

(b) the Player has not played in ten (10) or more NHL Games cumulative since
Regular Waivers on him were last cleared, and more than thirty (30) days cumulative on an NHL
roster have not passed since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared.
---

So because "more than 30 days cumulative on an NHL roster have not passed since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared" he is waiver-exempt. The key there is "on an NHL roster".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum