GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toskala to OTT?

+9
TheAvatar
mattshock
Aetherial
SensGirl11
PKC
PTFlea
Cronie
smash88
Riprock
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Toskala to OTT? Empty Toskala to OTT? Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:47 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Had things have been different, he'd already be a Senator.

Now that the Leafs have him and still look at Pogge as their future #1, should the Leafs look at moving Toskala to stock up on picks? He's got 2 more seasons left ('till 10-11) at a nice deal of $4 million. He''' be a big factor in how the Leafs finish their season. With him, they are a better team and will win some games thanks to his play. Without him, they will surely lose a few more games than they would have with him. He could be the difference between #1 and #7.

So, here's my proposal.

To TOR:
Martin Gerber
Alexander Nikulin (just to get rid of another problem)
SJ 1st Rnd Pick in 2009

To OTT:
Vesa Toskala

2Toskala to OTT? Empty Re: Toskala to OTT? Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:50 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:Had things have been different, he'd already be a Senator.

Now that the Leafs have him and still look at Pogge as their future #1, should the Leafs look at moving Toskala to stock up on picks? He's got 2 more seasons left ('till 10-11) at a nice deal of $4 million. He''' be a big factor in how the Leafs finish their season. With him, they are a better team and will win some games thanks to his play. Without him, they will surely lose a few more games than they would have with him. He could be the difference between #1 and #7.

So, here's my proposal.

To TOR:
Martin Gerber
Alexander Nikulin (just to get rid of another problem)
SJ 1st Rnd Pick in 2009

To OTT:
Vesa Toskala

Yeah that would be a no-brainer for me... I'd do that in a second... I just wonder about the Leafs...

3Toskala to OTT? Empty Re: Toskala to OTT? Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:56 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

While I love that deal, would the leafs take on Gerber knowing he'll probably walk away come July 1st? although, throwing in Nikulin AND SJ's 1st could be the icing on the cake (more SJ's 1st obviously for a pick-starved team like the leafs)...

It would be interesting... And I too would do that deal in a heartbeat!

4Toskala to OTT? Empty Re: Toskala to OTT? Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:06 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The Leafs would have to take Gerber though in order to make the deal work cap wise, unless a 3rd team came into play, which I doubt, or else a deal would have been made already for Gerber if there was interest.

The Leafs get a goalie that isn't as good, which should help them achieve their goal of rebuilding, while they shed his salary next season, and allow for Pogge to come in, with whomever as back-up (CuJo or FA?).

Nikulin could help them out, you never know. And the pick is what they should really want.

5Toskala to OTT? Empty Re: Toskala to OTT? Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No deal for the Leafs. They'll want Elliot and a 1st minimum. They'll tell us if they'll take Gerber or not (doubtful), they would say no to Nikulin for sure. What do they need him for?

More likely scenario:

Ilya Zubov
Brian Elliot
Ottawa's 1st Round Pick

for

Vesa Toskala
Mark Bell

And they'd say: if you don't like it - Diddle off.

6Toskala to OTT? Empty Re: Toskala to OTT? Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:10 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:No deal for the Leafs. They'll want Elliot and a 1st minimum. They'll tell us if they'll take Gerber or not (doubtful), they would say no to Nikulin for sure. What do they need him for?

More likely scenario:

Ilya Zubov
Brian Elliot
Ottawa's 1st Round Pick

for

Vesa Toskala
Mark Bell

And they'd say: if you don't like it - Diddle off.

my exact sentiments... We are in a very bad position... A team would be helping us by taking Gerber, nobody really wants to do that, and if they do, they won't want to give us something we want...

7Toskala to OTT? Empty Re: Toskala to OTT? Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:11 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I say we tough it out for now. Hope to move him by the deadline, either for someone else, or hopefully to bring up Elliott.

8Toskala to OTT? Empty Re: Toskala to OTT? Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah Smash, unfortunately, the deal would hinge on us taking Mark Bell for Martin Gerber, then Toskala for Zubov, Elliot and a 1st (minimum).

9Toskala to OTT? Empty Re: Toskala to OTT? Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I say we tough it out for now. Hope to move him by the deadline, either for someone else, or hopefully to bring up Elliott.

Exactly. Tough it out, you'll be pleasantly surprised by the tandem of Gerber and Auld. When the time is right and Goalie X breaks his _______, then trade Gerber for whatever you can get and hand Auld the reigns, bringing Elliot up to taste some NHL action.

I just don't see how that could substantially change our chances of winning it all this year. Sad

10Toskala to OTT? Empty Re: Toskala to OTT? Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:14 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I still think our priority move for now should be finding a way to get Mr. Bouwmeester in a Sens jersey. He instantly helps out with A LOT of issues we might have on the back end.

11Toskala to OTT? Empty Re: Toskala to OTT? Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:14 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Why would they want Elliott, if the whole point is for them to lose more games while creating room for Pogge?

And no way does Bell ever become a Senator, and no way does Ottawa want to move Elliott or Zubov at this time.

With your proposals, you might want to include a 3rd team.

12Toskala to OTT? Empty Re: Toskala to OTT? Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I still think our priority move for now should be finding a way to get Mr. Bouwmeester in a Sens jersey. He instantly helps out with A LOT of issues we might have on the back end.

He let it slip the other day that his boyhood idols were the Boston Bruins. I think he's Boston bound either by the deadline or in the off-season.

But hey, you never know...

13Toskala to OTT? Empty Re: Toskala to OTT? Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:20 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:Why would they want Elliott, if the whole point is for them to lose more games while creating room for Pogge?

And no way does Bell ever become a Senator, and no way does Ottawa want to move Elliott or Zubov at this time.

Nah, I just don't think Toronto makes it easy on us, it's not really up to us... We can ask, but Toronto has the final say... They don't care if this deal goes through or not...

14Toskala to OTT? Empty Re: Toskala to OTT? Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:21 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:I still think our priority move for now should be finding a way to get Mr. Bouwmeester in a Sens jersey. He instantly helps out with A LOT of issues we might have on the back end.

He let it slip the other day that his boyhood idols were the Boston Bruins. I think he's Boston bound either by the deadline or in the off-season.

But hey, you never know...

Geez, watch the heck out if he does go to Boston... Man they'll have a pretty wicked team if he goes there...

15Toskala to OTT? Empty Re: Toskala to OTT? Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:Why would they want Elliott, if the whole point is for them to lose more games while creating room for Pogge?

Bell becomes a Sen because it takes the $$ off TOs books. We can waive him or whatever,but all TO cares about is getting rid of Dung and bringing in picks/young talent.

Elliot and Pogge would be a fun tandem for TO to have in years to come. And they'd lose some games and gain some experience in the process IMO.

Ottawa doesn't want to move Elliot and Zubov (and a 1st) for Toskala? Ottawa doesn't get Toskala then.

It's unfortunate, but TO has the ability to play hardball with anyone right now. They got rid of the true rubbish in the summer and now they have assets for a contender - sweet assets too.

Now...is all this moot anyway? Would Toskala waive his NTC to come to Ottawa?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum