GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Ottawa @ Chicago, 8PM SNET/TSN1200: I AM A GOD VERSION

+12
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
Ev
tim1_2
wprager
PTFlea
NEELY
shabbs
SensHulk
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 21]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's not arguable when he is fully on, but right now at not 100% health it is arguable between him and Subban and maybe some others. But not arguable when both are fully healthy and fully "on".

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Karlsson's gonna need to learn to put up with this kind of thing.  He's arguably the best offensive D-man in the league and people will scrutinize.  I think he kills it tonight (I hope).
Yeah, he needs to learn to deal with it.  And he needs to learn that he needs to hustle back when the other team has a short-handed break.  That was just dumb, and he knows it.
That, really, was the only play I've had issues with. The one where he lost the puck coming out from behind the goal he did get tripped up by Maroon's stick (I've seen way less called a hook or trip), other than that it was just a poor choice of play to make. But not back-checking even a little (until it was way too late) was bad in other ways; like a sin of omission.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:It's not arguable when he is fully on, but right now at not 100% health it is arguable between him and Subban and maybe some others. But not arguable when both are fully healthy and fully "on".
Semantics.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Michallica wrote:
NEELY wrote:Really hope people lay off Karlsson because the guy is the future of the Sens with Lehner.  Last thing you want is him being upset.  Even then the guy isn't playing well and is basically a PPG D man who has been pretty solid in his own end for the most part, lol, and people still complain about the guy or expect him to be something he isn't.
Well I certainly don't want him to be upset but god (karlsson) forbid anyone complain about his defensive lapses lately....

Anyways, he definitely is the future of the sens.  No one's running him out of town, just telling it like it is.  I look for a redemption game from him.

'HURRY UP WITH MY DAMN CROISSANTS!'
Again, what defensive lapses?  Is he getting beat in front of the net a ton?  More so than anyone else?  He isn't.  Is he getting beat wide or losing puck battles?  No he isn't.  Is he giving the puck away and making some mistake with the puck, he is.  Those are not defensive lapses, those are mistakes and giveaways while on offense.  
He is getting beat to the front of the net but maybe not more than anyone else on the team and it's likely due to his speed as well at the moment.  Seen him get beat wide alot this season, and hate to bring up the backcheck he quit on.  Sure you can argue down to the nitty gritty on whether his mistakes are 'defensive' mistakes or not. I'm generalizing, I'll accept that but you can't tell me none of his mistakes are defensive issues.  That I don't believe.  The team itself has major defensive breakdowns, missed assignments, etc.  His mistakes will be more magnified because a) he's erik karlsson b) he's the goto guy clearly c) he's erik karlsson d) norris winner.  Just the way it is.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The best thing that could have happened to us and to Karlsson himself was that short handed breakaway goal where he knows that he could have caught they guy who scored. Lesson learned, bet that doesn't happen again. Now...onto dominating games from start to finish Erik the Red!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

karlsson is a generational talent. in the top 5 of all players in the league. end of discussion. :crossarms: 

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just. Win.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Crawford expected to start:

https://twitter.com/HockeyScanner/status/395227598600413184

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Also from the Scanner:

Sens lines: 19-6-9; 7-93-16; 15-25-89; 57-14-22.

Gryba appears to be the extra defenceman for Sens vs Hawks. 3-65; 77-2; 4-46 are Sens D pairings.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via "The Douche":

Sharp-Toews-Hossa, Saad-Pirri-Kane, Bickell-Shaw-Morin, Bolig-Kruger-Mills, Keith-Seabrook, Oduya-Hjalmarsson, Leddy-Brookbank Hawks combos

https://twitter.com/SunDoniB/status/395228774750371840

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Also from the Scanner:

Gryba appears to be the extra defenceman for Sens vs Hawks. 3-65; 77-2; 4-46 are Sens D pairings.

Back to the old "square peg, round hole" approach, I see.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

After seeing Ryan and Spezza skating yesterday, speculation was that the Spezzer requested the change.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Crawford! Guess I'll give him the start in my pool, too, given the weak Donkey opposition!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

Because every other approach has worked so beautifully so far. Sarcasm 

- Unknown Author

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Because every other approach has worked so beautifully so far. Sarcasm 
I would say the Ryan/Turris/MacArthur line has been fantastic. I agree that Spezza needs some help but don't kid yourself, this move is for Spezza and Spezza only.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Douche:

"Anderson first goalie off the ice #sens"

https://twitter.com/SunDoniB/status/395233453202890752

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

Although he has looked great with Turris, you knew they would try him with Spezza again. They have barely played together.

if Ryan works and Zibanejad works on the second line, we are gold.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Michallica wrote:
NEELY wrote:Really hope people lay off Karlsson because the guy is the future of the Sens with Lehner.  Last thing you want is him being upset.  Even then the guy isn't playing well and is basically a PPG D man who has been pretty solid in his own end for the most part, lol, and people still complain about the guy or expect him to be something he isn't.
Well I certainly don't want him to be upset but god (karlsson) forbid anyone complain about his defensive lapses lately....

Anyways, he definitely is the future of the sens.  No one's running him out of town, just telling it like it is.  I look for a redemption game from him.

'HURRY UP WITH MY DAMN CROISSANTS!'
Again, what defensive lapses?  Is he getting beat in front of the net a ton?  More so than anyone else?  He isn't.  Is he getting beat wide or losing puck battles?  No he isn't.  Is he giving the puck away and making some mistake with the puck, he is.  Those are not defensive lapses, those are mistakes and giveaways while on offense.  
He is getting beat to the front of the net but maybe not more than anyone else on the team and it's likely due to his speed as well at the moment.  Seen him get beat wide alot this season, and hate to bring up the backcheck he quit on.  Sure you can argue down to the nitty gritty on whether his mistakes are 'defensive' mistakes or not. I'm generalizing, I'll accept that but you can't tell me none of his mistakes are defensive issues.  That I don't believe.  The team itself has major defensive breakdowns, missed assignments, etc.  His mistakes will be more magnified because a) he's erik karlsson b) he's the goto guy clearly c) he's erik karlsson d) norris winner.  Just the way it is.
of course he makes defensive errors, I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing the fact people keep saying he is struggling defensively and in his own zone which is bogus. His problem right now and where a lot of the mistakes are coming from are his decisions with the puck and missing a step once in a while. Just because you are in the offensive zone doesn't mean your on offense and the same goes for defense. You have the puck you're on offense, you don't you're on defense, simple as that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum