GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: San Jose Sharks @ Ottawa Senators :: 5:00pm ET :: Sun. Oct. 27th, 2013

+12
Cap'n Clutch
TheAvatar
Hoags
Hockeyhero22000
LeCaptain
PTFlea
wprager
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Ev
tim1_2
shabbs
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 17]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Because he has Neil and Conacher there. Sure as hell isn't line #1 lol

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So your issue is with the way I ordered my lines, and your assumption that you know which line is considered #1?

I have a feeling P-Mac pretty much intends to roll the new lines and spread out the 5-on-5 ice time.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:So your issue is with the way I ordered my lines, and your assumption that you know which line is considered #1?  

I have a feeling P-Mac pretty much intends to roll the new lines and spread out the 5-on-5 ice time.
Agreed. But while what you say is true I would say that any line that has the Spezzer playing on it is #1. No ifs ands or buts.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:So your issue is with the way I ordered my lines, and your assumption that you know which line is considered #1?  

Not a feeling, that's a fact. Either way I think it's pretty clear who the #1 line is with MacArthur/Turris/Ryan. Turris has been the Sens best forward for most of the year thus far and Ryan has been dominate at times as well 5 on 5.

Right now Spezza is getting bumped down a bit.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Agreed. But while what you say is true I would say that any line that has the Spezzer playing on it is #1. No ifs ands or buts.
Considering what line has the most talent on it, that Turris line is the #1 line. Has the best overall center on the team right now, best winger, and maybe even the 2nd best winger in MacArthur.

Spezza has been bumped out of his spot for the time being.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

Not a feeling, that's a fact.  Either way I think it's pretty clear who the #1 line is with MacArthur/Turris/Ryan.  Turris has been the Sens best forward for most of the year thus far and Ryan has been dominate at times as well 5 on 5.  

Right now Spezza is getting bumped down a bit.
You could have a flu so bad that it forces you to sign Colin Forbes and Jonathan Cheechoo to a 1-day deal and those guys play with Spezza and they only play for 6 minutes, it's still the #1 line because Spezza is on it. Fact.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

That's opinion and not a very good one at that. Spezza is being out played by Turris right now at both ends of the rink 5 on 5, it isn't close. Best center + best winger = 1st line.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:That's opinion and not a very good one at that.  Spezza is being out played by Turris right now at both ends of the rink 5 on 5, it isn't close.  Best center + best winger = 1st line.
100 percent wrong. In fact, I'd say a line of Ivan Ciernik (with a broken leg) - Jason Spezza - Bill Muckalt is your #1 long all night long. Reason? Jason Spezza is on that line.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Saying a line is the "1st line" doesn't mean anything. There are four lines. I think the only way to determine which line is "#1" is to look at 5-on-5 ice time after the game and see which one played the most. Then you know which one the coach considered "#1".

Doesn't change the fact that I called a big shakeup for the game tonight BEFORE the game versus the Blackhawks.

I predicted this:

Conacher-Spezza-ZBad
Greening-Turris-Ryan
MacArthur-Grant-Condra
Michalek-Smith-Neil

and what we got was this:

Conacher-Spezza-Neil
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Michalek-Smith-Zibanejad
Greening-Grant-Condra

So I got 2 out of 3 players right on each line. For a major shakeup, that's pretty good.

The point here is not a debate about how to define a "1st line". The point here is that I'm a genius hockey-god. Not that that was really debateable to begin with.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum