GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Next Sens Captain Is...

+9
SeawaySensFan
wprager
tim1_2
LeCaptain
Ev
Flo The Action
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

The next Sens Captain is...

The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Vote_lcap283%The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 83% [ 10 ]
The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 1 ]
The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 1 ]
The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Sens Captain Is... Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:36 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I listened to the 5PM press conference, he was never asked that question. Then I listened to the 5:45 segment on TGOR but it wasn't quite over when I got home. So I guess it must have been toward the end.

17The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Sens Captain Is... Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:22 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I listened to the 5PM press conference, he was never asked that question.  Then I listened to the 5:45 segment on TGOR but it wasn't quite over when I got home.  So I guess it must have been toward the end.

It was indeed in their interview with Murray after his press conference. I don't have a link to it, but Murray said this.

18The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Sens Captain Is... Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:27 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:I listened to the 5PM press conference, he was never asked that question.  Then I listened to the 5:45 segment on TGOR but it wasn't quite over when I got home.  So I guess it must have been toward the end.

It was indeed in their interview with Murray after his press conference. I don't have a link to it, but Murray said this.  

http://autopod.ca/chum/186/podcasts/

19The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Sens Captain Is... Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:49 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

http://autopod.ca/chum/186/podcasts/

Around the 10:50 mark of this one: 2013-07-05 15:35 Bryan Murray - July 5, 2013 from the link above.

20The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Sens Captain Is... Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:51 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I just think he doesn't want the headlines tomorrow to be about Spezza and him coming in and replacing Alfie. There's going to be enough pressure to begin with so there is no reason to add to it. Spezza the captain plain and simple... if he isn't he won't be in a Sens uni. Once again I'm not in love with Spezza in Ottawa but it's his time and his team... might be Karlsson's sooner than later but no reason to throw him into something he may not be ready for either, Karlsson gets an "A" for sure though unless there is one rotating.

21The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Sens Captain Is... Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:15 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Probably a test to see if Spezza comes demands the C and swears he will do everything to lead the Cup.

Or if he's like oh sure I will take the C.... Whatever

22The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Sens Captain Is... Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:24 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Naw, nothing like that. Can't do it right now just like when your dog dies you don't go out and get a new one the next day.

23The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Sens Captain Is... Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I would assume Spezza will be the next Captain.  BUT...

When Murray was asked this very question on the Team 1200, his answered was VERY interesting.  He said that they'll decide in training camp (that's normal), but then he also added, and I'm paraphrasing, "who knows...maybe we're not done making moves."  Make of that what you will...but if you relate that statement to Spezza....Maybe they know resigning him will be next to impossible.

Hmmm. It's true that we need more leadership on the blue line, but how does that pertain to Spezza? If we trade Spezza, we're basically back to square one.

24The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Sens Captain Is... Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:38 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:

When Murray was asked this very question on the Team 1200, his answered was VERY interesting.  He said that they'll decide in training camp (that's normal), but then he also added, and I'm paraphrasing, "who knows...maybe we're not done making moves."  Make of that what you will...but if you relate that statement to Spezza....Maybe they know resigning him will be next to impossible.

Hmmm.  It's true that we need more leadership on the blue line, but how does that pertain to Spezza?  If we trade Spezza, we're basically back to square one.

If anything we should be able to sign Spezza for less then he gets now. Worse case scenario same price.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

25The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Sens Captain Is... Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:38 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

M_Christopher wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Hmmm.  It's true that we need more leadership on the blue line, but how does that pertain to Spezza?  If we trade Spezza, we're basically back to square one.

If anything we should be able to sign Spezza for less then he gets now. Worse case scenario same price.

That's what I said as well, M_Christoper. I'm glad you agree.

26The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Sens Captain Is... Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:45 am

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

I wouldnt be against giving the C to Methot. Phillips makes sense more so than Spez but im not sure hes going to be around past when his contract expires and Meth imo will be here for a long time.

27The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Sens Captain Is... Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

if spezza doesn't get the C it will be a huge slap in his face. he won't be back.i agree with Neely that he may not be the best option we don't really have a choice. we cross our fingers and hope he can lead this team and that he's got the right maturity to take hold of this team....

... then we give him a 5 year contract and if he doesn't show enough leadership we move the C along.

28The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Sens Captain Is... Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

It will be Spezza.

We have lots of leaders on the team, don't need a letter to be a leader.

29The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Sens Captain Is... Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:34 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

You don't think it could be Phillips? Or no one with the C.. just a couple of A's?

30The Next Sens Captain Is... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Sens Captain Is... Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:22 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Spezza doesn't get the C, he's not resigning here. If the Sens have different ideas, then Spezza should be dealt this summer...obviously we would need a really good centre coming back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum