GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+19
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
KidKarlsson
PTFlea
Flo The Action
SensHulk
NEELY
Hobiesens
shabbs
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Ev
tim1_2
wprager
spader
The Silfer Server
Hoags
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Go down  Message [Page 67 of 67]

991Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 67 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:47 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I LOL'd at the Yakupov suggestion.

laugh all you want but if they part with one of the 3 young wingers he might be it, on top of it we'd have the pieces to do it. i'd imagine it be cowen + zib and our 1st for yak and a second rounder.

I would consider that a pretty big overpayment.   Oilers need Cowen more than they need Yakupov.  Heck, *we* need Cowen more than we need Yakupov.  What we need is what Yakupov has the potential to become.  We need a 30+ goal scorer, not someone who may eventually get to that level.  

I think that's fair market value - maybe an underpayment from us, but I'm not sold that I'd do it. Probably, to be honest.

992Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 67 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:50 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Of course he would, but I would still prefer a bigger body on that line to create space.  Briere could, of course, move up if necessary.  

So we tried Silfverberg up there, albeit very briefly, how about Zibanejad?  He may not be as creative, but he's got more moves than, say, Fisher, and if that pre-season game against the Bruins last year is any indication, he's got a wicket one-timer.  We've got Spezza, Turris, Pageau, Smith down the middle; Zibby will have to play the wing.  

Yeah...I almost half expect Murray to leave the forwards alone until the deadline. I guess it depends on what the prices are in trade and if he likes anything in UFA. If we came back with the exact roster we did last year, but hoped for health, is it that bad a move? Only time will tell to see if Murray goes all in for a D-man and leaves the forwards as is, or what.

993Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 67 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:40 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:Of course he would, but I would still prefer a bigger body on that line to create space.  Briere could, of course, move up if necessary.  

So we tried Silfverberg up there, albeit very briefly, how about Zibanejad?  He may not be as creative, but he's got more moves than, say, Fisher, and if that pre-season game against the Bruins last year is any indication, he's got a wicket one-timer.  We've got Spezza, Turris, Pageau, Smith down the middle; Zibby will have to play the wing.  

Yeah...I almost half expect Murray to leave the forwards alone until the deadline.  I guess it depends on what the prices are in trade and if he likes anything in UFA.  If we came back with the exact roster we did last year, but hoped for health, is it that bad a move?  Only time will tell to see if Murray goes all in for a D-man and leaves the forwards as is, or what.

I still haven't figured out how to get below the box when I want to reply to a comment.. Help!!!

994Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 67 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, this new quote box this needs to be fixed. Not sure how yet.

-------

http://www.gmhockey.com/viewtopic.forum?t=5873

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum