GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+19
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
KidKarlsson
PTFlea
Flo The Action
SensHulk
NEELY
Hobiesens
shabbs
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Ev
tim1_2
wprager
spader
The Silfer Server
Hoags
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

496Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:23 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Boston is now 4-5-1 and Montreal is 4-6-0 in their last 10 games. Sens (4-6-0) keeping up with the Joneses. With just two games left I don't know if the Habs can "right the ship" in time.

The Sens could enjoy a "let-down" game tomorrow; the Flyers is a winnable game, especially at home. Then it all comes down to Boston. Can they *finally* win one? The way the Bruins have been playing, yes, they should be able to. It's quite possible that winning in Boston could be the difference between finishing 6th and 7th; and a win by Boston would probably guarantee they get the NE and the 2nd seed.

So lose to Boston and end up facing them in the 1st round, having *never* beaten them this season; or beat them to force a Leafs/Bruins match up.

It'll be an interesting game, for sure.

Last edited by wprager on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total

497Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:50 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Honestly, if Ottawa can win 2 of their last 3 they can beat anyone but Pitt in round 1... Boston would be tough but the Sens can beat them.

498Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:56 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Honestly, if Ottawa can win 2 of their last 3 they can beat anyone but Pitt in round 1... Boston would be tough but the Sens can beat them.

Pshychologically Boston has the edge. I just don't get it. All those 1-goal games and the third period collapses of late (and not against just Boston). But the Bruins have been paying really badly, lately. Lucic is making stupid decisions, looks lazy. Chara looks exhausted. The goalies look frustrated. They've had problems with some very ordinary teams.

But I still don't want to see them in round 1.

499Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:58 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, nobody is lighting the world on fire in the east right now, other than the Pens.

We won't beat anyone though, if we don't start playing better, AND get all-star goaltending.

500Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:54 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Hopefully the Rangers can stay in 8th and face the Pens in round 1. They may not win but they look pretty good riught now and Lundqvist can get hot anytime, which hopefully will drag the series longer and longer and tire the Pens as much as possible.

501Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:55 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:Hopefully the Rangers can stay in 8th and face the Pens in round 1. They may not win but they look pretty good riught now and Lundqvist can get hot anytime, which hopefully will drag the series longer and longer and tire the Pens as much as possible.

Rangers are the only team that could beat the Pens in the first round IMO. They just match up well.

502Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:06 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yes rangers vs the pens and us vs the habs would be best scenario. then us against the caps could be acceptable. the habs are about to colapse, they've also been playing with the intensity of the playoffs all season, i don't think they can turn it up a notch.

503Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:10 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:yes rangers vs the pens and us vs the habs would be best scenario. then us against the caps could be acceptable. the habs are about to colapse, they've also been playing with the intensity of the playoffs all season, i don't think they can turn it up a notch.

While the Habs may or may not be collapsing, what have you seen from our team lately that makes you think we can beat anyone?

504Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:11 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Karlsson paired with Methot at practice. Suspicion is that he'll return tomorrow vs the Caps.

Our new-look lines:

Conacher-Turris-Michalek
Greening-Smith-Alfredsson
Condra-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
Latendresse-Pageau-Neil

505Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:14 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:yes rangers vs the pens and us vs the habs would be best scenario. then us against the caps could be acceptable. the habs are about to colapse, they've also been playing with the intensity of the playoffs all season, i don't think they can turn it up a notch.

While the Habs may or may not be collapsing, what have you seen from our team lately that makes you think we can beat anyone?

The King is back.
As bad as we have been, one PP goal in each of the losses we've had and we may have won 4 more games and lead the division right now

Last edited by LeKing on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total

506Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Honestly, if Ottawa can win 2 of their last 3 they can beat anyone but Pitt in round 1... Boston would be tough but the Sens can beat them.

Pshychologically Boston has the edge. I just don't get it. All those 1-goal games and the third period collapses of late (and not against just Boston). But the Bruins have been paying really badly, lately. Lucic is making stupid decisions, looks lazy. Chara looks exhausted. The goalies look frustrated. They've had problems with some very ordinary teams.

But I still don't want to see them in round 1.

Agreed, it's psychological at this point. That said, they're playing like garbage, so if there's ever a time to get over that, I guess it'd be now.

507Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:16 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

well I'm hoping that with Kid K coming back into the line-up that might give us the boost we need to start winning again. one man isn't everything but he's quite the man.

508Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:17 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Karlsson paired with Methot at practice. Suspicion is that he'll return tomorrow vs the Caps.

Our new-look lines:

Conacher-Turris-Michalek
Latendresse-Pageau-Neil
those are interesting line combinations. a little bit of scoring punch on all lines.

509Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Karlsson paired with Methot at practice. Suspicion is that he'll return tomorrow vs the Caps.

Our new-look lines:

Conacher-Turris-Michalek
Latendresse-Pageau-Neil

That 2nd line is horrible. Blah. :crossarms:

510Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:23 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Our new-look lines:

Conacher-Turris-Michalek
Latendresse-Pageau-Neil

again alfie expected to carry the weight

511Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:24 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

That line is just LOL.

512Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes 1m
Erik Karlsson is taking a defensive shift with Marc Methot to start practice -- a sign that he's closer to a return this week.

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 1m
Karlsson takaing a regular shift with Methot. Would appear he makes his return tomorrow. #sens

513Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:27 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Our new-look lines:

Conacher-Turris-Michalek
Latendresse-Pageau-Neil

again alfie expected to carry the weight

I guess...he doesn't stand a chance with those two though. At least try a line of Alfie on the left side centered by Z-Bad and flanked by Silf (who I still seriously think could use a game off to recharge a bit).

Michalek is our best forward right now, him on a line with Z-Bad and Alfie would be interesting. So many combos....and he comes up with that one? Whatever I guess, defer to the Jack Adams nominee every time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum