GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+19
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
KidKarlsson
PTFlea
Flo The Action
SensHulk
NEELY
Hobiesens
shabbs
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Ev
tim1_2
wprager
spader
The Silfer Server
Hoags
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

16Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:19 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Great article on Conacher -- interview with a TB blogger. Explains why he was taken off the top line, too. And it's not what you think:

http://www.the6thsens.com/2013-articles/april/ask-a-lightning-blogger-johnny-fonts-about-conacher.html

3. Which part of his game needs the most work?

At times, I think Conacher can be a little careless when speeding into the opponent's zone - and that leads to losing control of the puck or a general turnover. So puck possession could use some strengthening. At the same time. The Lightning were specifically working with him on improving his defensive game. That took him off the Bolts top line combos (next to Steven Stamkos or Vincent Lecavalier) and saw him on the lower lines.

17Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:31 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Great article on Conacher -- interview with a TB blogger. Explains why he was taken off the top line, too. And it's not what you think:

http://www.the6thsens.com/2013-articles/april/ask-a-lightning-blogger-johnny-fonts-about-conacher.html

At times, I think Conacher can be a little careless when speeding into the opponent's zone - and that leads to losing control of the puck or a general turnover. So puck possession could use some strengthening. At the same time. The Lightning were specifically working with him on improving his defensive game. That took him off the Bolts top line combos (next to Steven Stamkos or Vincent Lecavalier) and saw him on the lower lines.

Yeah, we saw a bit of that last night but he's only a 2nd year pro and that's the sort of thing that can be taught.

18Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:36 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Great article on Conacher -- interview with a TB blogger. Explains why he was taken off the top line, too. And it's not what you think:

Yeah, we saw a bit of that last night but he's only a 2nd year pro and that's the sort of thing that can be taught.

I really liked his game. There was one early shift he had where the Calder line started in the O zone and ended in the D zone that I didn't love, but the rest of the time, I really liked the kid's game. That line will be dangerous, particularly when Spezza and 9MM return.

I totally understand what you were saying before about having a complete top six, SSF. Still, I think we'll have an excellent 5/6 of a top six (adding Greening or Condra into the mix of true top sixers), and 8/9 of a potent and frightening top nine. I think adding Conacher will help that line become even more dangerous than they've been.

19Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:56 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Silfverberg and Zibanejad have been top 6 for a month now.

Zibanejad last 10:
9 pts +5
Silfvewrberg
8 pts +2

20Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:26 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. My basic point is that we have 8 people that can be top six. Thus, our top nine is filthy.

21Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:43 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Our forwards are fine. I think it's the D that is starting to play like they are supposed to on paper

22Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:54 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

LeKing wrote:Our forwards are fine. I think it's the D that is starting to play like they are supposed to on paper

Ya, the number of shots against is out of hand. It's really the main problem with this team right now.

23Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
LeKing wrote:Our forwards are fine. I think it's the D that is starting to play like they are supposed to on paper

Ya, the number of shots against is out of hand. It's really the main problem with this team right now.

They're awful at getting the puck out of the zone.

It used to be so easy, just hand it off to #65 and he'd do the rest.

24Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens have as many real wins as Tampa Bay, and Philly and Carolina actually have more. Basically the shootout saving their asses.

25Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:51 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Carolina is -15 and Philly is -12. Ottawa is +10. That's way more representative than ROW

26Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:30 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

LeKing wrote:Carolina is -15 and Philly is -12. Ottawa is +10. That's way more representative than ROW
It isn't more representative if they end up in a tie situation. They need to be careful now. A late stumble could easily knock them out of the playoffs.

27Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:39 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
LeKing wrote:Carolina is -15 and Philly is -12. Ottawa is +10. That's way more representative than ROW
It isn't more representative if they end up in a tie situation. They need to be careful now. A late stumble could easily knock them out of the playoffs.

It's also representative of their goaltending differences. Let's face it, the Sens -- primarily due to the long-term injuries to *major* players -- have been surviving with the best goaltending in the league. For much of the season, until the rookies started coming around, they were in the bottom 2-3 in the league for goals for.

And, yes, a late stumble is a very distinct possibility. We have no idea what's in store when Anderson gets back between the pipes. He's been out for over a month and some say it takes a full year before you are 100% after a high ankle sprain.

We have to be very careful with Florida. They scored 3 goals in the third against Washington. Hopefully they'll be nice and tired as they played last night, but given how our third periods have been of late, we simply cannot afford to take them lightly.

28Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:43 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

There weren't that many shots against Buffalo. Not sure what happened there?

29Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:32 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:

Umm, Buffalo happened?

30Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:38 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:

Umm, Buffalo happened?

Not sure what that means. How about Ottawa pissed away a must-win game?

31Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:38 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

10 games left in the regular season... 10 games left...

32Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:00 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:10 games left in the regular season... 10 games left...

10 games left?

33Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:05 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:10 games left in the regular season... 10 games left...

10 games left?
Nod

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum