GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Mar. 30th, 2013

+8
Hoags
SensHulk
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
spader
wprager
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Ev wrote:Gryba needs to be scratched.

That or reduce his minutes a lot.

And give more to who ?

Bramlet07

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

And give more to who ?

Cowen. Let him condition himself in game

Bramlet07

Veteran
Veteran

as for the game itself it was just the leafs getting all the luck, sens had possession for the better part of the game. Reimer was just getting lucky as hell, that might have been the worst looking shutout ive seen he was fighting the puck all night

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Bramlet07 wrote:
Cowen. Let him condition himself in game

Cowen is week away(if that).

Cowen hasn't played in a year he'll be rusty and might be worse.

Cowen doesn't play the right side like Gryba does.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Bramlet07 wrote:as for the game itself it was just the leafs getting all the luck, sens had possession for the better part of the game. Reimer was just getting lucky as hell, that might have been the worst looking shutout ive seen he was fighting the puck all night

We got shutout by them 3-0 earlier this season.
We lost another game where we have them a huge lead but at least we almost came back.

Is it always luck ? We just suck against them period and we don't even show up most of the time.

I hate losing to them I hate it I hate it I hate it, why can't they mail it in against some team ?

This is the third time they Dung the bed against TML.

So Cussing embarrassing

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:as for the game itself it was just the leafs getting all the luck, sens had possession for the better part of the game. Reimer was just getting lucky as hell, that might have been the worst looking shutout ive seen he was fighting the puck all night

We got shutout by them 3-0 earlier this season.
We lost another game that we almost came back.

Is it always luck ? We just suck against them period and we don't even show up most of the time.

I hate losing to them I hate it I hate it I hate it, why can't they mail it in against some team ?

This is the third time they Dung the bed against TML.

So Cussing embarrassing

i Cussing hate losing to them too but and i cant speak for the other games but watching this one reimer looked shaky on damn near every shot. i would say he was lucky one didnt bounce by him. i miss the days we'd win 8-0

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

And give more to who ?

You probably just let him work his way out of it actually. Maybe reduce his minutes by 2 minutes, give it to Benoit.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cherry was chubbin' huge with Kadri, McLaren and Orr all on the HNIC set... holy Diddle...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Why? He's been fine. He's playing top 4 mins and been doing so for a while now.. and playing well on top of that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, move on. Bruins have been struggling but they always seen to have more for the Sens than everyone else. Would love to finally beat them, but there's no shame in finishing 6th. Think about it -- back before the season started, would you have taken 5th or 6th with a big smile? What about when we found out that Cowen was having "season-ending" surgery? Or Spezza with back surgery? Or Karlsson? What he have to really be careful about is an extended losing streak. Luckily, after the Bruins, we go to Buffalo, Florida and Tampa, then Philly and Jersey before we finish the road trip back where it began, in Boston. .500 on this road trip would give us 51 points, with most analysts saying that 52 is what you'll need to make the playoffs.

13 games to go, with a 9 point lead over 9th. I'll take that.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yup, basically all of this. Some nights just don't go your way, lest night was one of them. The Sens didn't play that badly and IMO outplayed the Leafs for the majority of the night. Bishop wasn't good at all and that was probably the difference aside from some lucky bounces.

Also, if there was ever a game you could hand pick and lose it was that one.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

A loss to Boston would land us in 6th spot. These are strange times indeed. Boston plays the Sabres today, so I have a feeling they'll break out of their slump, but you never know.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

Yup, basically all of this. Some nights just don't go your way, lest night was one of them. The Sens didn't play that badly and IMO outplayed the Leafs for the majority of the night. Bishop wasn't good at all and that was probably the difference aside from some lucky bounces.

They didnt play bad ? They didn't even show up. They were more concerned with fighting than playing.

Made Reimer look like the best goalie in the NHL.

Once again we get embarrassed in our building.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Cherry was chubbin' huge with Kadri, McLaren and Orr all on the HNIC set... holy Diddle...

And apparently it was awful all game?
Haha, oh CBC...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeKing wrote:
shabbs wrote:Cherry was chubbin' huge with Kadri, McLaren and Orr all on the HNIC set... holy Diddle...

And apparently it was awful all game?
Haha, oh CBC...
I guess we should not be surprised.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

They didnt play bad ? They didn't even show up. They were more concerned with fighting than playing.

One fairly meaningless regular season game was probably worth it... just because you lose a game doesn't mean that a message hasn't been sent... and it was.

The second part of the 1st, it was all Sens. The entire 2nd it was all Sens, and some of the 3rd the Sens had some pressure until the back breaker. Bishop wasn't good at all and that was the difference along with some lucky bounces that went the Leafs way. Oh well, it happens.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It wasn't really even Bishop, there were too many penalties and too many defensive breakdowns.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Senators always Dung the bed in a home game vs the leafs and then management wonders why fans don't want to attend the games...i just don't understand how sens allow that. I'm telling you they get flustered with the leafs fans in attendance

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum