GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 21st, 2013

+13
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hobiesens
NEELY
sandysensfan
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
Hoags
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 14]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via SensChirp: #Sens have a skate scheduled for 10:15 AM this morning.

https://twitter.com/SensChirp/status/304584864034852864

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Please win, thrice...

SOLD!!!
Crown. Royal. On. Ice.

Sure, go ahead. Worked the last two times.
Yessir.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Hard to know what to expect out of the Rags these days. Torts has gotta be even more of a raving lunatic than normal lately.

Makes you wonder how long will the player put up with it. Coaches like that have a finite lifespan, if you're winning its one thing, if you're losing, torts screaming is even more annoying.

I was just thinking that he may be on his last legs over there. The expectation is for this team to win, and win big. Right now they are on track to miss the playoffs. Worse, yet, that last game against the Habs where both teams combined for 8 shots in the first period was just brutal -- heard this sentiment from several places. Boring. Could you imagine if they start failing to sell out?

Briefly caught McGuire on TGOR this morning and he said something interesting -- they are not blocking as many shots as they did last year. Some analysts, last year, wondered if Tortorella was driving them too hard during the regular season. Well, the "Pesky Sens" took them to 7 games so perhaps there was some truth to that. They had a really tough playoff run, Tortorella demands the moon and sun and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the players have just had enough. It's not like a team mate who is out there giving his 100% each night, asking them to do more. It's this short, grumpy Italian guy who gets to wear a suit while they're sweating, and never seems to pass up the opportunity to insult someone, including his own team. "Fonzie" was too nice a guy to have that as this guy's nickname; hes short, he's obnoxious -- let's call him "Grumpy" from now on.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:The over/under is 5 goals. Take the under on that one. 1-0, Sens shootout victory, Silf with the snipe, directly through Lundqvist's heart.

Are you serious? Don't these guys check the injury reports? Sens have scored 4 regulation goals in 4 games since Karlsson went down; Rangers are without Nash. They should have set the O/U at 1.5.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The over/under is 5 goals. Take the under on that one. 1-0, Sens shootout victory, Silf with the snipe, directly through Lundqvist's heart.

Are you serious? Don't these guys check the injury reports? Sens have scored 4 regulation goals in 4 games since Karlsson went down; Rangers are without Nash. They should have set the O/U at 1.5.

I was listening to a radio show hosted by gambling degenerates this very past weekend and they said that Vegas doesn't really bother with hockey odds so someone who knows the game enough can clean up.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

I was listening to a radio show hosted by gambling degenerates this very past weekend and they said that Vegas doesn't really bother with hockey odds so someone who knows the game enough can clean up.

Over/under is normally 5.5, so they did lower it for this game.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

Over/under is normally 5.5, so they did lower it for this game.

Tough not to bid the under even at 5.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yep. I'm betting my house, wife, child, and dog on the under.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:Yep. I'm betting my house, wife, child, and dog on the under.

Book it!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I would never bet my dog.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

Good point. I'll bet my 3 cats instead. They are much more expendable.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:

That would be like betting matches in a game of Crazy Eights.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:

That would be like betting matches in a game of Crazy Eights.

At least the dog cleans up his own vomit. These cats just leave it there for me to step in.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Looks like it's Anderson vs Lundqvist... via BooBoo:

"Craig Anderson is in the starters end. Good test tonite vs. Henrik Lundqvist. #Sens"

https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/304612814532788225

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You clearly don't have a cool kitty like Baby King.

GAME DAY: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 21st, 2013 - Page 3 563745_10152504123420023_428375154_n

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The shootout is going to last 447 rounds until Bettman has to declare the game a tie.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sounds like JOB may be a scratch again.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's a fine black Front Bum.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 14]