GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+14
Hobiesens
sandysensfan
dennycrane
spader
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Ev
NEELY
Hoags
LeCaptain
wprager
shabbs
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Rangers have claimed D Roman Hamrlik off waivers.

LeBrun said they were considering it even before the Staal injury.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Hamrlik on waivers...

Dreger: Waivers: Boychuk awarded to NSH from PIT. Pit places Kostopoulos and Wsh places Hamrlik on Waivers.

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/308986029224898561

Would not be surprised to see him snapped up.

The Hammer to Ottawa?!?!?!? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Looks like the Rags beat Ottawa to the punch.
And you beat me to the punch.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NJD claim Tom Kotsopoulos from PIT off waivers.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Pretty incredible. All this with a goaltender who many thought wasn't good enough (and perhaps still think that) and Ray Emery, who is 9-0-1 or something thus far this year.

Never mind Emery, I didn't think Crawford was good enough, pretty much the same team as last year no ? (well they added Saad).

I still don't think Emery and Crawford can lead them to a Cup. I'll admit if I'm wrong, but that's the kind of tending that gets you bounced by the 3rd round IMO.

We'll see...

Chris Osgood.

Hmmm...I can't recall who was playing D in front of Osgood. Some dude named Lidstrom I think - a no namer really. And Rafalski - some American dude who is okay at best. Kronwall perhaps? Another scrub.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Rangers have claimed D Roman Hamrlik off waivers.

LeBrun said they were considering it even before the Staal injury.

Not a big fan of Hamrlik. Surprised to see NY go after him personally.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

As opposed to Keith, Seabrook, and Hammer? Pretty complete defense right there. The Hawks won with Neimi as well who isn't any better than Crawford.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Some updates on Pronger... a two part series will be aired on Sportsnet starting tonight...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/spector-on-pronger-nothing-to-gain-from-nhl-return/

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

From charitybuzz.com, a web site which has various celebrity charity auctions:

Dinner with NHL Hall of Famer Alexei Yashin and Actress/Supermodel Carol Alt in NYC
Current Bid:
$500
Number of Bids:

Minimum Next Bid:
$550

Estimated Value:
$3,000

Lot Number:

Lot Closes:

Thu, 21 Mar 2013 3:04:00 PM EDT

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Avs/Blackhawks tonight... time for a regulation loss by the Hawks? I think so...

ROR with the winner.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Not sure where to post this but I think it's pretty important to participate since this is a great alternative to Team 1200 whenever they have less desirable content.

In the morning, for instance, when McGuire is done on 1200, you can switch to 690 to hear either Bob McKenzie or Darren Dreger. Plus, they have McGuire, Pierre LeBrun and Elliotte Friedman in the 5 - 6.30pm block.

http://www.canadiansdeservemore.ca/petitions/tsn690

As pathetically homerish as some of the guys on 690 are, at least they're talking hockey most of the time. 1200 switches to Rome from noon-3 every day (I have no interest in "jungles" or "vines" or "clones" and the rest of his poser-BS). On 690 during game day they have wall-t-wall hockey coverage from sunup to sundown, pretty much. As a consequence, I listen to it quite a lot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Pretty incredible. All this with a goaltender who many thought wasn't good enough (and perhaps still think that) and Ray Emery, who is 9-0-1 or something thus far this year.

Never mind Emery, I didn't think Crawford was good enough, pretty much the same team as last year no ? (well they added Saad).

I still don't think Emery and Crawford can lead them to a Cup. I'll admit if I'm wrong, but that's the kind of tending that gets you bounced by the 3rd round IMO.

We'll see...

Why not? They won with Niemi - .910 during the Cup run.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

dennycrane wrote:From charitybuzz.com, a web site which has various celebrity charity auctions:

Dinner with NHL Hall of Famer Alexei Yashin and Actress/Supermodel Carol Alt in NYC
Current Bid:
$500
Number of Bids:

Minimum Next Bid:
$550

Estimated Value:
$3,000

Lot Number:

Lot Closes:

Thu, 21 Mar 2013 3:04:00 PM EDT

Hmm, notice how they didn't say "Hockey Hall of Famer". Is that a weasel word of sorts?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:

We'll see...

Why not? They won with Niemi - .910 during the Cup run.

They were lucky one time, I doubt it'll happen again. Again, who knows, we'll see.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A team that's challenging an all-time record with Emery and his rebuilt hip playing like a Vezina nominee? I'd say there's something in the water. Or maybe they are are damned good team.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sounds like Marc Staal will make a full recovery. No timetable. Sidelined indefinitely but not career threatening and not expected to lose any vision. Very good news.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hawks tie it up. They were trailing the Avs 2-1 after 2. Shaw and Sharp lost to injury. Gut check time.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hawks just scored to take a lead, under a minute to go.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Game over. 30 games without a regulation or OT loss.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum