GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+14
Hobiesens
sandysensfan
dennycrane
spader
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Ev
NEELY
Hoags
LeCaptain
wprager
shabbs
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Bobby Lou. 5 goals on 18 shots. Going down.

Yep, pretty sure we'll see Anderson back atop the GAA leaderboard.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No discipline for Max Pac:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416771

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
If Karlsson has Alfie's recuperative powers, who knows, he could be back sooner than expected. He's young, has access to great doctors and tech. Cowen is another story. Took a long time to come back from his injury in junior. But, again, you never know. It's been over 3 months since the surgery. I was actually very surprised when I first heard the 6-8 months. This article says 6-12 *weeks*.

No idea how much of a factor is EK's age.

There's a quote from Bieksa (who had the same injury) on how he came back too soon and he wasn't 100%. Said it took him two years before he felt his foot was 100%, of course he's older.

The thought of EK playing at less than 100% for a long period of time is scary. Glad to hear he'll wear Kevlar socks from now on though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:

If Karlsson has Alfie's recuperative powers, who knows, he could be back sooner than expected. He's young, has access to great doctors and tech. Cowen is another story. Took a long time to come back from his injury in junior. But, again, you never know. It's been over 3 months since the surgery. I was actually very surprised when I first heard the 6-8 months. This article says 6-12 *weeks*.

And here it says 2-6 months. Like I said, 6-8 months sounds a little long. Especially for a top-level athlete.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:
wprager wrote:

And here it says 2-6 months. Like I said, 6-8 months sounds a little long. Especially for a top-level athlete.

And here's another article:

While he’s expected to make a full recovery, the 3-6 month recovery period severely lessens Cowen’s chances of returning this year.

Like I said before, six months is mid-May.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Highly doubt they'll drop him into a playoff game after such a long time without playing.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Luongo has let in 7 goals so far:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 33 Luongo-Beachball_zps9bda0c44

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lalongo was left in for all 8 goals. Wow.

Message? Why?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Lalongo was left in for all 8 goals. Wow.

Message? Why?

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 33 Patrick_roy_zps0978f111

Maybe they're hoping he'll demand a trade out of Vancouver ?

Oh wait ... Sarcasm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:

Message? Why?

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 33 Patrick_roy_zps0978f111

Maybe they're hoping he'll demand a trade out of Vancouver ?

Oh wait ... Sarcasm
Laughing3

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hawks win again. 1-0 of Columbus today.

18 and counting...

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Are they for real or are they peaking too early and will run out of steam once the playoffs start ?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:Are they for real or are they peaking too early and will run out of steam once the playoffs start ?
Heh. We've been asking that for a while... watch them crash right before the rest start to ramp up for the playoffs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Are they for real or are they peaking too early and will run out of steam once the playoffs start ?

I don't see why that is an either-or choice.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Message? Why?

No idea. I can say that he's sporting a still respectable 2.11 GAA after that shelling. Matrix tops the leader board once again.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

They're just too good. They have 5 top 4 Defensemen and like 9 top 6 forwards. It's unfair for the rest of the league

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:No discipline for Max Pac:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416771

Well, now I'm more convinced than ever that that idiot Shanahan has it in for the Senators.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Well, now I'm more convinced than ever that that idiot Shanahan has it in for the Senators.

It all goes back to him making fun of the Sens for doing post game interviews on the exercise bike doesn't it ? Laugh1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum