GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

+12
rooneypoo
stempniaksen
sandysensfan
wprager
ddt
spader
shabbs
PTFlea
Hoags
Ev
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 11]

61FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:37 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I may have been open to trading Lehner previously, but apparently he came into the prospect camp in great shape and with a great attitude. Maybe he's taken another step maturity-wise. He could be a top-5 goalie in the league in a few years, and I'd hate to part with that, plus other top-tier prospects. But you gotta give to get, or so they say.

At this point, if the Murrays are set on bringing in another top-6 forward (and I don't think they are "set" on that), I'd rather seem them over pay Semin on a short-to-mid term contract. Like $18M for 3 yrs, or $13M for 2. Semin may likely be looking for something really long-term though. He's had one two-year contract, and two one-year contracts.

They were crazy to ever even consider trading Lehner. Sure, let's trade the 1 kid who could be the most important piece for this franchise. Sounds like a good idea. TwoThumbsUp!

62FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:50 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I am hearing reports that the Sens are in on Semin and he will sign before the end of the week.

I have made up these reports in my head, though.

63FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:52 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:I am hearing reports that the Sens are in on Semin and he will sign before the end of the week.

I have made up these reports in my head, though.

I also do that as well and cite "my sources." They are usually right though.

64FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:53 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How much do we pay Semin. I figure the min contract length has to be 3 yrs.

65FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:57 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:How much do we pay Semin. I figure the min contract length has to be 3 yrs.

6 minimum.

66FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:00 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

6 yrs minimum or $6M minimum?

67FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:6 yrs minimum or $6M minimum?

6 million X 3 years is my guess. Although why wouldn't he just sign in the KHL? If Radulov can make 9.2 mil per year, what could Semin make?

68FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Surprised NJ doesn't go for Semin, they need to replace Parise somehow. Not that the two are in any way alike.

69FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:06 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Semin won't sign a contract that is less than 30 million dollars, no chance in hell.

70FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:07 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

6 million X 3 years is my guess. Although why wouldn't he just sign in the KHL? If Radulov can make 9.2 mil per year, what could Semin make?

Maybe Semin has more "character" than we give him credit for, and wants to stick around in the best league in the world and not just cash a cheque.

71FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Maybe Semin has more "character" than we give him credit for, and wants to stick around in the best league in the world and not just cash a cheque.

Kind of looks that way. He would have signed in the KHL already by now.

72FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The Devils signed Krys Barch.

73FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:15 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Where are the "dominoes"?

74FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:18 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:The Devils signed Krys Barch.

Panic move to attempt to replace Parise overnight.

75FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Pretty much, I saw that and thought immediately, "There's your Parise replacement right there!" Sarcasm

76FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:23 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Panic move to attempt to replace Parise overnight.

I didn't know Parise was racist.

77FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:32 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Per Lebrun:
---
At the end of the day, am told Zach Parise generated 16-17 official offers and about 20 teams inquired
---

I am pretty sure Ottawa was one of the 16-17 official offers. For those wishing we'd do more in free agency, it's not from lack of trying. We would've had to drastically outbid Minnesota, and to outbid them would've been insanity.

78FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think there's still options out there for Murray. I find it amusing how many people don't want us to trade any prospects because we're 'not contenders yet'. Is that right? Was New Jersey considered a contender before they went to the Cup Finals? Anything can happen, make this current roster better, we're well on the way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum