GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

+12
rooneypoo
stempniaksen
sandysensfan
wprager
ddt
spader
shabbs
PTFlea
Hoags
Ev
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 11]

46FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:45 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think he's a number 4 D-man, but that's a lot of loot for that kind of guy. More power to you, good luck...

But when Weber's ready for that long term contract, could he conceivably ask for 10 million per year? He's twice as good as Carle, why not?

47FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:50 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It was all started with Wideman, then shifted to an overpayment for Suter and all the while Carle is sitting there laughing. There's pretty much no one else....his payday was inevitable.

48FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:43 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Carle can be a #2 defenceman. I think TB is a good fit for him. Yeah, his contract is an overpayment, but that's free agency for you.

49FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:28 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, now that the Parise/Suter sweepstakes are over... next up... Rick Nash and Bobby Ryan?

50FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:31 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Next up would be Semin I think...and Huselius and Doan.

Remaining free agents: http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php

51FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:42 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:Next up would be Semin I think...and Huselius and Doan.

Remaining free agents: http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php
Huet to the Leafs... e5.

Wink

52FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:06 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Huselius is a player I have always liked but he's slowed down a bit. If you are looking for a guy to come in for a year (and to get over the cap floor) just to add some depth in the top 6 than he's probably a good option.

Wouldn't expect a ton but 15-20 goals and maybe 40 points playing with Turris or Spezza with some PP time. That's the kind of move I think Rooney and others were talking about.

53FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:37 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Huselius isn't even cleared to play yet I believe.

I think if we run a 23-man roster we'd be about $1M short of the current, it'll go down in the new CBA.

54FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think that's what Rooney had in mind to be honest. I think he wants an impact winger a la Ryan, Nash, maybe Semin. That's what I would do if I were Murray - either something pretty big like that, or not at all and let the rookies fight for that last spot.

55FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:41 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I don't think that's what Rooney had in mind to be honest. I think he wants an impact winger a la Ryan, Nash, maybe Semin. That's what I would do if I were Murray - either something pretty big like that, or not at all and let the rookies fight for that last spot.

Players like that aren't available except Nash or Ryan and it'd be a HUGE payment. You saw what they wanted for Nash, I don't want Lehner traded.

Right now there's a spot for Silfverberg (or whomever), if we acquire a top-6 with a long-term deal how are we supposed to give these prospects a real shot ?

56FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I don't think that's what Rooney had in mind to be honest. I think he wants an impact winger a la Ryan, Nash, maybe Semin. That's what I would do if I were Murray - either something pretty big like that, or not at all and let the rookies fight for that last spot.

Players like that aren't available except Nash or Ryan and it'd be a HUGE payment. You saw what they wanted for Nash, I don't want Lehner traded.

Right now there's a spot for Silfverberg (or whomever), if we acquire a top-6 with a long-term deal how are we supposed to give these prospects a real shot ?

I dunno, Silfverberg starts in the bottom 6 like he probably should anyway. Or pushes Latendresse to give 100% at all times.

57FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:44 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
I dunno, Silfverberg starts in the bottom 6 like he probably should anyway. Or pushes Latendresse to give 100% at all times.

They started him in the top-6 against NYR.

Plus our bottom-6 is beyond full.

58FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:52 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I may have been open to trading Lehner previously, but apparently he came into the prospect camp in great shape and with a great attitude. Maybe he's taken another step maturity-wise. He could be a top-5 goalie in the league in a few years, and I'd hate to part with that, plus other top-tier prospects. But you gotta give to get, or so they say.

At this point, if the Murrays are set on bringing in another top-6 forward (and I don't think they are "set" on that), I'd rather seem them over pay Semin on a short-to-mid term contract. Like $18M for 3 yrs, or $13M for 2. Semin may likely be looking for something really long-term though. He's had one two-year contract, and two one-year contracts.

59FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:56 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

They started him in the top-6 against NYR.

Plus our bottom-6 is beyond full.

Where he "starts" doesn't matter one Diddle. There will likely be lots of line shuffling in the first few games, depending on injuries and how certain guys fit in. Latendresse could wind up with Spezza.

Hard to make line predictions when the status of one Mr. The Alfie is still unknown.

60FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:26 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:I may have been open to trading Lehner previously, but apparently he came into the prospect camp in great shape and with a great attitude. Maybe he's taken another step maturity-wise. He could be a top-5 goalie in the league in a few years, and I'd hate to part with that, plus other top-tier prospects. But you gotta give to get, or so they say.

At this point, if the Murrays are set on bringing in another top-6 forward (and I don't think they are "set" on that), I'd rather seem them over pay Semin on a short-to-mid term contract. Like $18M for 3 yrs, or $13M for 2. Semin may likely be looking for something really long-term though. He's had one two-year contract, and two one-year contracts.

I think he shut a lot of people up as well.

61FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I may have been open to trading Lehner previously, but apparently he came into the prospect camp in great shape and with a great attitude. Maybe he's taken another step maturity-wise. He could be a top-5 goalie in the league in a few years, and I'd hate to part with that, plus other top-tier prospects. But you gotta give to get, or so they say.

They were crazy to ever even consider trading Lehner. Sure, let's trade the 1 kid who could be the most important piece for this franchise. Sounds like a good idea. TwoThumbsUp!

62FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:50 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I am hearing reports that the Sens are in on Semin and he will sign before the end of the week.

I have made up these reports in my head, though.

63FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 4 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:52 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:I am hearing reports that the Sens are in on Semin and he will sign before the end of the week.

I have made up these reports in my head, though.

I also do that as well and cite "my sources." They are usually right though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum