GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+20
Amnesia021
Number Twenty Nine
DirtyDave
sens4win
22_4_ever
DefenceWinsChampionships
stempniaksen
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Riprock
NEELY
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 58 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:According to "NHLSourcesSay" Mike Green has declined the Caps' $5M QO.

NHLSourcesSay is some guy without sources, but... that would LOL hilarious if true. What has Mike Green done in the last three years to merit anything more than, I dunno, $2 mil / yr, & on a short deal to boot?

He may not have sources but apparently has more time than I do. He's been right more than wrong so I assume he is just reading a lot of other sources. His "big wrong" this off-season was Parise to the Penguins. Shortly after that fell through I saw another tweet (not him) saying how Crosby was pissed off and will never speak to him again (apparently they are/were good friends and Parise said he was coming).

The Name Dropper also said it was all but a done deal prior to the draft.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Score is mentioning this as well...

http://www.thescore.com/home/articles/303230-report-mike-green-turns-down-capitals-offer

He remains an RFA apparently... McPhee is hoping a deal can still be worked out...

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah I believe all a team has to do is qualify the player, and thus retains his rights. By refusing, he remains their property, and if he holds out past Dec. 1, he is ineligible to play the season.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

His last contract was a 4 year $21M baby... he must be looking for a raise...

His salary last season was $5M. So the QO matched it as per the rules.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If Green is looking for a raise I am sure he will get it from the Oilers. Carlson is a better player than Green already.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:His last contract was a 4 year $21M baby... he must be looking for a raise...

Getting a raise is a pretty straightforward, reasonable expectation for most players. No matter how they perform. Except if you're Chris Neil and the owner of your team is Gene "The Miser" Melnyk. Beer

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You have to earn your contracts and raises, not get them because you are entitled to a raise.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:You have to earn your contracts and raises, not get them because you are entitled to a raise.

Maybe in the real world. Not so much in pro sports.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I disagree as a whole, but do acknowledge that often a player will get a raise, regardless, one way or another, by some team.

Teams have no problems walking away from a player who fails to live up to their end.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:I disagree as a whole, but do acknowledge that often a player will get a raise, regardless, one way or another, by some team.

Teams have no problems walking away from a player who fails to live up to their end.

Specially the cheap ones.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Not just the "cheap ones".

The smart ones. Why would Ottawa have paid Kuba what Florida did?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Not just the "cheap ones".

The smart ones. Why would Ottawa have paid Kuba what Florida did?

They should have brought a decent replacement. Foligno was just about to get paid too. That's the real reason he's gone.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Ottawa took on Columbus' bottom pairing $3M d-man for a uy they are paying like a top 6.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

People need to remember that his QO was also a 1 year offer. That's probably more along the lines of what he turned down, not the cash.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Ottawa took on Columbus' bottom pairing $3M d-man for a uy they are paying like a top 6.

Still less than Kuba was getting paid. The only moves I've seen so far are about thrift and nothing else.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Riprock wrote:Ottawa took on Columbus' bottom pairing $3M d-man for a uy they are paying like a top 6.

Ok, that's simply not true. Get it right. He plays top 4 mins and the only reason Columbus moved him is because they have too much tied up on the back end and not enough talent up front. Methot isn't a bottom pairing D man and people who keep saying this really need to educate themselves about the type of player he is, the role he will succeed in, and what he brings as a whole.

Ottawa traded a 3rd line forward for a top 4 D man, probably top 2 considering he will be paired with Karlsson. See how you can swing it?

It's a trade that made on a ton of sense for both parties, no question asked.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

He was 5th among their defenceman in TOI and 4th in shifts/game.

And I have read enough Columbus fans opinions that he was not integral to their team.

He was expendable because he was overpaid and they had younger, cheaper guys who were pushing him down the chart.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Riprock wrote:He was 5th among their defenceman in TOI and 4th in shifts/game.

And I have read enough Columbus fans opinions that he was not integral to their team.

He was expendable because he was overpaid and they had younger, cheaper guys who were pushing him down the chart.

Oh yah, because Wiznewski isn't the big mistake they had on that blueline right? If they could give up Wiznewski or Methot, who do you think they would have gotten rid of?

I don't care what their fans say, I watched enough Columbus games over the past few years to know exactly where Methot stands in terms of their defence at the time. He was a top 4 guy, simple as that. For a defensive D man on an awful team, he was pretty good.

He was injured most of last season anyways so how anyone can jump to the conclusion that he wasn't a top 4 guy there is unreal. Where was he before they brought in Johnson and Wiznewski? Oh yah, the top 4.

Maybe instead of reading what other people think, watch some games yourself. I'm not ripping on you, I'm ripping on anyone that forms their own personal opinion based on someone elses personal opinion. Watch the frigging game(s).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 58 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum