GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+20
Amnesia021
Number Twenty Nine
DirtyDave
sens4win
22_4_ever
DefenceWinsChampionships
stempniaksen
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Riprock
NEELY
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 62 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:Well he was good enough to be selected to Team Canada for the Worlds.

We also know how well Columbus does at developing their young talent, now don't we.

How about giving Methot a chance before trashing him.

In fairness to Dash, he wasn't trashing him. Not gonna call him out for something he clearly isn't doing. That said, I don't think he has a clue about what Methot has done in his career or how he plays the game short of what he has read on top of not actually watching Methot at all.

I would appreciate if you were not so fair with me Smile

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:Well Methot will play more minutes than Carkner did.. and will probably be better. The big difference is that Carkner fights.. Methot doesn't. But he does block shots and hits.

As for Lundin.... Chuck Flether was on the Team 1200, last week I believe.. and he said they wanted to keep him in Minny for this season.. He also said Lundin played well during Tampa's playoff run a couple of seasons ago. So hopefully he should be fine in the 5-6 spot probably with Phillips.

Doesn't fight as much (or as well) as Carkner, for sure, but given a reason he'll do it:

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:Ok, and still he was 5th on the team in TOI. FIFTH. as in 1-2, 3-4, 5-6.

Again, why does it matter? He's going to be given a chance to play key minutes here, so who cares.

How about the previous year, when he was *not* injured for half the season?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:4 years, 13 million for Gagner apparently...

Not confirmed by anyone reputable I don't think.

Ha. So far it's been "confirmed" by Creasy, NHLSourcesSay, and HockeyInsiderr. That means it didn't happen.

Agreed.

Or maybe it's because Mac is on vacation.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Riprock wrote:Ok, and still he was 5th on the team in TOI. FIFTH. as in 1-2, 3-4, 5-6.

Again, why does it matter? He's going to be given a chance to play key minutes here, so who cares.

How about the previous year, when he was *not* injured for half the season?

Uh... how does that effect his average ice time for the games he DID play? Wink

This is how the trade looks like from both fans perspectives:

OTT: We traded a fringe top 6er not consistent enough to be a legitimate top 6 forward and hasn't proven he can be one for a top pairing shutdown defenceman.

CLB: We traded an overpaid bottom pairing guy who was being pushed down the depth charts for a future top 6 potential forward.

Reality: Both teams traded a player no longer in their plans for a player they needed to address other areas of the team.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

Ha. So far it's been "confirmed" by Creasy, NHLSourcesSay, and HockeyInsiderr. That means it didn't happen.

Agreed.

What is the "it" in your sentence?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 62 53141210

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

Agreed.

What is the "it" in your sentence?
It is what it is...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via Team 1200: According to Sportsnet. Leafs and Blue Jackets are discussing trade with LA Kings for G Bernier.

Some three-way action?

Hey-O!!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Via Team 1200: According to Sportsnet. Leafs and Blue Jackets are discussing trade with LA Kings for G Bernier.

Some three-way action?

Hey-O!!!!

This is the guy that makes some sense for the Leafs. A young guy with potential who can tandem with Reimer until they both develop. Too smart for Burke...there must be a caveat in there somewhere.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Man I hope the Leafs grab Bernier. Most overrated goaltender in the NHL today.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hasek still talking comeback...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/free_agency/2012/07/17/dominik_hasek_talks_comeback_attempt/

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Stevens and Shaw join the Devils as assistant coaches...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=400822

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

A 6-year extension for Kane? Word is the Jets and Kane are discussing this...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=400802

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:A 6-year extension for Kane? Word is the Jets and Kane are discussing this...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=400802

I wish there was a way to pry Kane away from Cheveldayoff without losing too much. I'm a big fan.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Leafs have apparently made an offer for Bernier...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/trades/2012/07/17/toronto_maple_leafs_report_jonathan_bernier_los_angeles_kings/

No mention of what was in the offer...

So much for not wanting an "unproven" goalie eh? Wink

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Bernier is NOT a #1 guy. Too small and just not good enough. Can't imagine what he would be like in Toronto... he totally fell apart as Canada's goaltender at the WJC.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Bernier is NOT a #1 guy. Too small and just not good enough. Can't imagine what he would be like in Toronto... he totally fell apart as Canada's goaltender at the WJC.

Is size really that much of a disadvantage ?

Wamsley mentioned in his interview that Bishop's size is more of a disadvantage than an advantage, although there are positives to being that big.

I can't see the Leafs getting Bernier, supposedly LA wants a 1st round pick in return.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 62 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum