GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+20
Amnesia021
Number Twenty Nine
DirtyDave
sens4win
22_4_ever
DefenceWinsChampionships
stempniaksen
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Riprock
NEELY
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 53 of 67]

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

I would actually just keep lining up Crosby with crap since he produces regardless.

Alexander Semin - Evgeni Malkin - James Neal
Chris Kunit - Sidney Crosby - Pascal Dupuis
Tyler Kennedy - Brandon Sutter - Matt Cooke

Pretty good on paper, even better if they upgrade Dupuis and push him to the 4th line.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Brendan Morrow available...apparently anyway.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/professional/blues-moving-forward-in-trade-talks/article_f78d3e36-ca8a-11e1-822b-001a4bcf6878.html?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Pitts is probably the perfect spot for Semin. All he has to do is fit in, strong coach, strong GM, strong owner, strong leadership inside the room. Semin doesn't make it in Pitts he won't make it anywhere.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Brendan Morrow available...apparently anyway.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/professional/blues-moving-forward-in-trade-talks/article_f78d3e36-ca8a-11e1-822b-001a4bcf6878.html?

Nice player but over the hill for sure.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I'd take him in Ottawa, but I wouldn't pay any kind of big price. The guy is clearly in decline, but can still "bring it" in a 2nd/3rd line role and could mentor the kids a bit. I don't think I would move a whole lot more than Butler + Daugy + pick

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

stempniaksen wrote:

I'd take him in Ottawa, but I wouldn't pay any kind of big price. The guy is clearly in decline, but can still "bring it" in a 2nd/3rd line role and could mentor the kids a bit. I don't think I would move a whole lot more than Butler + Daugy + pick
Didn't we try that with Jason Smith...

Wink

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

Wink

Smitty?!?!?!?! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

Wink

I don't think I hate the Smith signing in hindsight as much as some people, lol. Regardless we need to make a quantity for quality move at some point, may as well be Morrow.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:
I don't think I hate the Smith signing in hindsight as much as some people, lol. Regardless we need to make a quantity for quality move at some point, may as well be someone younger.

I'm not sure if we should be shipping out young players for old/over the hill players given our rebuild process.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
I don't think I hate the Smith signing in hindsight as much as some people, lol. Regardless we need to make a quantity for quality move at some point, may as well be someone younger.

I'm not sure if we should be shipping out young players for old/over the hill players given our rebuild process.

Ahhhhhhh yes. The "rebuild." Stand pat, murry.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

To me, we've got a real impending leadership void coming up, so I could be on board with Morrow, for the right (cheap-ish) price. Yeah, maybe he's a tweener now, but he's someone who's going to compete hard for ice time, who's going to show up when it matters (remember him in the playoffs three years ago?), and just bring some much needed grit / leadership / experience to the line up.

I don't have much of a sense of what his trade value might me, tho', or what DAL would want in return.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Hoags wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

To me, we've got a real impending leadership void coming up, so I could be on board with Morrow, for the right (cheap-ish) price. Yeah, maybe he's a tweener now, but he's someone who's going to compete hard for ice time, who's going to show up when it matters (remember him in the playoffs three years ago?), and just bring some much needed grit / leadership / experience to the line up.

I don't have much of a sense of what his trade value might me, tho', or what DAL would want in return.

Hard to say. They can't expect much for a 33 year old winger that produced 26 points last year and costs $4.1M.

EDIT: FWIW, I don't mean he'll be a dump for a 5th rounder or anything, just that he won't get a massive haul like some of the others on the block.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wouldn't give much personally. An mid level prospect + a 3rd perhaps, but nothing more.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BJ Crombeen to the Lightning. DOMINOES, guys. This is it. It's happening.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 53 384512-floodgates-open

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:BJ Crombeen to the Lightning. DOMINOES, guys. This is it. It's happening.

HOLY SHIZNIT!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Langenbrunner signs 1-year deal with Blues...

Mark Spector: Langenbrunner deal with #Blues pays $1.25 million with a very attainable $250,000 bonus.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:BJ Crombeen to the Lightning. DOMINOES, guys. This is it. It's happening.

Crombeen and a 5th to TB for 2013 4th and 2014 4th.

This is the kind of trade that I like. It clears a spot for the Blues, the Lightning get a player they can use in their bottom 6, the price isn't too high. Done and done.

Really surprised there aren't many more trades like this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 53 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum