GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New York Islanders @ Ottawa Senators - 5:00pm - Sun. Feb. 26th, 2012

+11
PTFlea
NEELY
Riprock
SensHulk
Ev
wprager
Hobiesens
KidKarlsson
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:They will get a forward tomorrow IMO.

Parenteau, Penner, or Ryder.

No he is staying in Long Island for a while.

Ryder is too old.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

KidKarlsson wrote:im on board to bring a guy like P.A in here. Local boy outta Hull and would slot nicely with Spezza and Michalek.... but what would it take to get him?

Maybe he can just not fly out with the team tonight, the savings on his flight should count towards something right? Sarcasm

Bet the price is a 2nd + prospect for PA. They want to sign him and Nabokov apparently and will wait until he's ready.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
KidKarlsson wrote:im on board to bring a guy like P.A in here. Local boy outta Hull and would slot nicely with Spezza and Michalek.... but what would it take to get him?

Maybe he can just not fly out with the team tonight, the savings on his flight should count towards something right? Sarcasm

Bet the price is a 2nd + prospect for PA. They want to sign him and Nabokov apparently and will wait until he's ready.

So...2014 pick? We're low on 2nds.

Last edited by spader on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Saw Lehner doing some talking to his dmen in the breaks... considering this was his first NHL game with them this season... a good sign and let's hope it continues. He'll get more comfortable, they'll get more comfortable as he runs with it for the next little bit.

What about his 3-2 win over the Leafs at the end of October?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Lehner CAN play in the NHL, obviously. But there's likely no reason to rush him. Lots of good goalies bided their time in the AHL for years, a lot of them running out their ELC's in the AHL.

Big Ben is a great addition, regardless. Anderson's status is uncertain, and Auld is arguable not getting it done. I'd rather Bishop play with Anderson and have Lehner stick it out in Binghamton. If Bishop and others can play their dues, so can he. He's going to have his shot eventually, but he's going to have to earn it (not saying he hasn't).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

KidKarlsson wrote:Anyone else notice Mclean putting Alfie with Spezza and Michalek for half the game, new first line?

Anyone else notice MacLean chatting with Spezza, pointing how he should go high glove-side on Nabby, then Spezza comes out and scores? That's why he was grinning. MacLean is getting both the rookies and vets to listen to him.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Saw Lehner doing some talking to his dmen in the breaks... considering this was his first NHL game with them this season... a good sign and let's hope it continues. He'll get more comfortable, they'll get more comfortable as he runs with it for the next little bit.

I stand corrected.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

So...2014 pick? We're low on 2nds.

A first will likely do then.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

I stand corrected.

He stopped 23 of 25 then, and 28 of 30 today. He's probably forgotten what it's like to face 30 or fewer shots (B-Sens gave up 29 in the 1st yesterday). So he is 2-0, with a 2.00 GAA and .962 SV%. Not too ... shabby.

Last edited by wprager on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

I stand corrected.

He stopped 23 of 15 then, and 28of 30 today. He's probably forgotten what it's like to face 30 or fewer shots (B-Sens gave up 29 in the 1st yesterday). So he is 2-0, with a 2.00 GAA and .962 SV%. Not too ... shabby.

Very impressive... Sarcasm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

I stand corrected.

He stopped 23 of 15 then, and 28of 30 today. He's probably forgotten what it's like to face 30 or fewer shots (B-Sens gave up 29 in the 1st yesterday). So he is 2-0, with a 2.00 GAA and .962 SV%. Not too ... shabby.
Not too shabby indeed...

RELEASE THE LEHNER!!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tuk Tuk wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

I stand corrected.

Very impressive... Sarcasm

Yes. Yes I am.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Parenteau, Penner, or Ryder.

I don't think Isles will trade Parenteau nor do I think he wants to leave.

Ryder is old and Dallas will want a good prospect in return, so I'd pass.

That leaves Penner, they picked up Carter and didn't trade a forward so I think he's on his way out.

KidKarlsson

KidKarlsson
Rookie
Rookie

Matt Carkner and a 4th round for Pancakes Penner?

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

KidKarlsson wrote:Matt Carkner and a 4th round for Pancakes Penner?
deal?

LA :rp: OTT

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum