GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New York Islanders @ Ottawa Senators - 5:00pm - Sun. Feb. 26th, 2012

+11
PTFlea
NEELY
Riprock
SensHulk
Ev
wprager
Hobiesens
KidKarlsson
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lehner was a rock when the Sens were playing like crap. Love that kid.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Saw Lehner doing some talking to his dmen in the breaks... considering this was his first NHL game with them this season... a good sign and let's hope it continues. He'll get more comfortable, they'll get more comfortable as he runs with it for the next little bit.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A better test for Lehner will come on Tuesday against the Bruins. The Islanders suck.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Yah, Lehner isn't ready to be a goalie in the NHL... right.

Still love the Bishop move though, just makes sense.

This begs the question do they waive Auld and run with Bishop and Lehner until Anderson is healthy? Just sayin'.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:A better test for Lehner will come on Tuesday against the Bruins. The Islanders suck.
The Sens sucked for a large part of the game tonight...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Lehner is going to be a star.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

This begs the question do they waive Auld and run with Bishop and Lehner until Anderson is healthy? Just sayin'.
I guess we'll see... I'm tempted to say send Auld down, go with Lehner/Bishop and when Anderson is back, it's Anderson/Bishop as Lehner is on emergency recall. I also think Bishop will have to go through waivers if he's sent down. Anyone know?

KidKarlsson

KidKarlsson
Rookie
Rookie

Anyone else notice Mclean putting Alfie with Spezza and Michalek for half the game, new first line?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

KidKarlsson wrote:Anyone else notice Mclean putting Alfie with Spezza and Michalek for half the game, new first line?
He did that in the third of the Bruins game too I think. He was almost double shifting Spezza and Alfie to generate something...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Game recap and interviews by ScoreOttawa:

http://scoreottawa.wordpress.com/2012/02/26/senators-win-5-2-over-islanders/

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

How many games can he play well in ? Will he be as good once a scouting report on him starts circulating around the league ?

I think he still has a long way to go, we don't need a mirage like James Reimer.

But the Bishop move is awesome.

shabbs wrote:
He did that in the third of the Bruins game too I think. He was almost double shifting Spezza and Alfie to generate something...

It's not like our secondary scoring is scoring lately or anything. It's been Spezza, Alfie, Michalek, Karlsson for most of our goals since the ASG.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They will get a forward tomorrow IMO.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:

How many games can he play well in ? Will he be as good once a scouting report on him starts circulating around the league ?

I think he still has a long way to go, we don't need a mirage like James Reimer.

But the Bishop move is awesome.

shabbs wrote:

It's not like our secondary scoring is scoring lately or anything. It's been Spezza, Alfie, Michalek, Karlsson for most of our goals since the ASG.

Reimer came on to a team with nothing to lose, looking for a hero, same old story. Fact of the matter is he is a small goaltender that's not overly athletic and has totally been exposed. Lehner is not and will never be a Reimer type.

He's tallented enough to play in the NHL right now and he keeps showing it when he gets the chance to. Bishop being in Ottawa is a good thing though as I think Ottawa may have picked up a piece that will help them now and in the future, be it as a starter or as trade bait.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:They will get a forward tomorrow IMO.

Parenteau, Penner, or Ryder.

KidKarlsson

KidKarlsson
Rookie
Rookie

im on board to bring a guy like P.A in here. Local boy outta Hull and would slot nicely with Spezza and Michalek.... but what would it take to get him?

Maybe he can just not fly out with the team tonight, the savings on his flight should count towards something right? Sarcasm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:They will get a forward tomorrow IMO.

Parenteau, Penner, or Ryder.

No he is staying in Long Island for a while.

Ryder is too old.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

KidKarlsson wrote:im on board to bring a guy like P.A in here. Local boy outta Hull and would slot nicely with Spezza and Michalek.... but what would it take to get him?

Maybe he can just not fly out with the team tonight, the savings on his flight should count towards something right? Sarcasm

Bet the price is a 2nd + prospect for PA. They want to sign him and Nabokov apparently and will wait until he's ready.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
KidKarlsson wrote:im on board to bring a guy like P.A in here. Local boy outta Hull and would slot nicely with Spezza and Michalek.... but what would it take to get him?

Bet the price is a 2nd + prospect for PA. They want to sign him and Nabokov apparently and will wait until he's ready.

So...2014 pick? We're low on 2nds.

Last edited by spader on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum