GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Sens @ Sharks, Thursday, January 19, 2012 @ 10:30PM

+15
Ev
alfieisourking
spader
NEELY
wprager
Hoags
KidKarlsson
PTFlea
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
shabbs
Riprock
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Buying a Turris jersey soon

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

haha nice Gilmorgan, was not expecting that

KidKarlsson

Rookie
Rookie

Andy is in such a zone right now... Has had to face over 30 shots in the last 10 games and putting up these great numbers! Thinking on things, this season reminds me a lot of the cup run season.. Poor start to the season, then a move is made around Christmas time (Comrie) and we rode a hot Emery for an amazing second half of the season.

In not comparing Comrie and Turris as equal players, but im just saying in general these two seasons have unmistakable similarities ...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKid wrote:Buying a Turris jersey soon

Kid's amazing. Can't believe how good he is...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

4 goals, 8 assists, +12 with the Sens

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Nice one. What was the final shots on goals?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:Nice one. What was the final shots on goals?

4-1 is what counts.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:Good game. They got outplayed in the first, but held on and opened up the scoring in the second and third.

Anderson was ridiculous. Turris is going to be great. BoroCop looked very comfortable out there. Spezza made some great plays (did you all notice how he almost did the splits trying to kick the puck out of the zone when he was on the PK?). Karlsson looked more like himself.

Hopefully the injuries to Smith and K-Daug are superficial.

Turris is already pretty great. Honestly, gotta rave some more about that guy. He can make the nice plays, but he's also tenacious, a hard worker who goes to the dirty areas. Love, love his game, all around. And, like I've been saying for a while now, he just seems to keep getting better every game -- I think I've found myself saying "that's been his best game as a Sen ever" 4-5 times this month already. Laugh1

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Spezza was weak tonight

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What was is that Potvin said Murray said to him about Petersson? Something like, he'll be Spezza's right winger for the next 10 years.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Seriously, what's not to love about this kid? What a game from him!

Good game, too, btw, for Spezza. Nothing too flashy, but that's the way he has to do it in that situation. SJS plays a game style really antithetical to Spezza's strengths -- fast, hard, physical -- so good on him to recognize & adjust.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:What was is that Potvin said Murray said to him about Petersson? Something like, he'll be Spezza's right winger for the next 10 years.

Clearly means Michalek will be traded soon

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

Good game, too, btw, for Spezza. Nothing too flashy, but that's the way he has to do it in that situation. SJS plays a game style really antithetical to Spezza's strengths -- fast, hard, physical -- so good on him to recognize & adjust.

i thought he had some rather brutal blind giveaways tonight which we haven't seen from him in a long while

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

4 goals, 8 assists, +12 with the Sens

It's not a stat that I'm enamored with, but in this instance, it really tells you a lot about the kind of game he plays. +12 in 16 games is pretty remarkable, and it's not like it's been flukey. The guy works hard, all over the ice.

I think we can put any of that spoiled, primadonna stuff that was discussed pre- or immediately post-trade to bed about now. Guy is a hockey player.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't see him tapering off at all, kid looks absolutely stellar out there.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Spezza was weak tonight

Meh, I really don't think so. SJS is not a good match up for him, at all. He's always going to struggle against a team that comes in that hard, that fast. I like that he simplified things tonight, for the most part.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

i thought he had some rather brutal blind giveaways tonight which we haven't seen from him in a long while

There was one or two early, which had me cursing him, but I thought he looked very steady in the last two periods. Again, he just played a simpler game -- which is what the team honestly needed from him in that game.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

that's true, he was sharper in the latter periods.

Saturday is gonna be a good tilt as the Ducks are on a roll as well, and Hiller is on fire.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum