GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+24
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
asq2
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
dennycrane
Hoags
SensHulk
ddt
NEELY
Ev
cash
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Riprock
wprager
spader
shabbs
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:I wonder if Kelly would like to come back to Ottawa, I think he still has a house here.

Probably IMO.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

No idea, I often wonder how some teams still manage the way they do. Oh well, it's their problem next year.

Wonder if Thomas isn't part of their plans next year?

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Also, don't see Chris Kelly as a part of the future of this team.

Spezza, Turris, Smith, O'Brien. That's our starting 4 down the middle, IMO.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:No idea, I often wonder how some teams still manage the way they do. Oh well, it's their problem next year.

There it is right there. They have all summer to solve next year's problems anyway.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Also, don't see Chris Kelly as a part of the future of this team.

Spezza, Turris, Smith, O'Brien. That's our starting 4 down the middle, IMO.

Yeah, +1 to that. And don't forget our other forward prospects for which we may need some room. No slight to Kelly, but do we want to start bringing back guys from recent history that were part of bad, bad Ottawa teams? Out with the old, in with the newer.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:OMG, Philly is up 7-2. 7 straight goals. Miller pulled after 4 goals on 14 shots; Enroth a little better with 4 on 18.

Other way around. Enroth started.

Also, 4 and 4 is 8, not 7.

I stand corrected. Actually, I sit. In a Holiday Inn Express in Scarborough, my kid's first ever out of town hockey tournament. Wish us luck.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:OMG, Philly is up 7-2. 7 straight goals. Miller pulled after 4 goals on 14 shots; Enroth a little better with 4 on 18.

You hopped on the message board at 3am to correct math?

The best time is when you first see it. Don't let it linger.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Riprock wrote:No idea, I often wonder how some teams still manage the way they do. Oh well, it's their problem next year.

There it is right there. They have all summer to solve next year's problems anyway.

Maybe they're hoping for another 24% rollback with the new CBA.

Plus, it will be really hard to go over the cap when you don't have to pay anyone until December Sarcasm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Plus, it will be really hard to go over the cap when you don't have to pay anyone until December Sarcasm

SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!!!!!!!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!!!!!!!
General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 38 20040716l

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

I stand corrected. Actually, I sit. In a Holiday Inn Express in Scarborough, my kid's first ever out of town hockey tournament. Wish us luck.

Good luck!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Actually, with the "tagging" rule, next year's problems can impact your team on the ice this year. A team that is cap-compliant now but not next year is actually not cap compliant overall, as far as I understand anyway. Maybe it doesn't work that way with the CBA set to expire this year, tho', but that's how it normally works.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Good luck!

Apparently a lot of the communities around Toronto do not break down their house league players into A, B and C teams. The first team we played was probably better than most of our A teams. We had two shots on goal. Our shooting percentage was great as we scored on one of them en route to a 9-1 shellacking. We didn't do as well in the second game (the other team was not as good as the first one, but we were just dog tired). Mid way through the second I turned to one of the other parents and said: "There is a pharmacy just across the parking lot, I could go and get some vaseline ... because they're gonna be sore after this is over."

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In Kanata I think we have something like 20 house league teams. The first team we played I *think* was a local team (Markham?) -- they have *five* teams in house league. It's not an apples-to-apples kind of tournament. I feel sorry for the kids.

Oh, well, there is another Kanata House-C team here. With any luck we get to play them tomorrow and beat the crap out of them Sarcasm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

aaaaaaand vancouver keeps sinking to new lows....this was done to Lucic's family's church in Burnaby

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 38 LUCICCHURCH248

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Boston/2012/02/17/19394051.html

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:aaaaaaand vancouver keeps sinking to new lows....this was done to Lucic's family's church in Burnaby

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 38 LUCICCHURCH248

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Boston/2012/02/17/19394051.html

Somebody done drew'd a peepee.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boston lost to Winnipeg. There goes one of them "games in hand".

Also Peverley is gone 4-6 weeks after that knee-on-knee from Gill.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Boston lost to Winnipeg. There goes one of them "games in hand".

Also Peverley is gone 4-6 weeks after that knee-on-knee from Gill.

Diddle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum