GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+24
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
asq2
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
dennycrane
Hoags
SensHulk
ddt
NEELY
Ev
cash
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Riprock
wprager
spader
shabbs
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:we should pick him up and place Auld on waivers. sure he costs 2 mill but he doesn't cost any assets to pick up. no brainer really. pending UFA.
Heh. I wonder if Murray's considering it...

I don't know where we are in the waiver priority, but I kinda doubt we claim him. Murray had said at some point that Lehner was the guy if Matrix ever went down. So we'll see…of course, Lehner isn't having the greatest time in Bingo right now. Hard to say. I think we stand pat on the goalie front.

Lehner may be the guy to come up if Anderson is injured for more than a game or two, but he's not the callup to sub in if Anderson needs a break. Also, Lehner is injured right now. Again.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Is he that much better than Auld ?

Calling up Lehner when he's not playing well doesn't send the right message IMHO.

The message is Lehner is part of the future and Auld is not. He's getting $1M for showing up.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Is he that much better than Auld ?

Calling up Lehner when he's not playing well doesn't send the right message IMHO.

The message is Lehner is part of the future and Auld is not. He's getting $1M for showing up.

A big part of the future. Doesn't mean he has to be part of the present at the NHL level. I agree with Hoags' sentiment.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lehner's entire Cussing year is getting messed up right now. Injury, then he gets suspended, then he injures his groin making 45 saves because the B-Sens are an abomination of a team.

See what happens when you completely and utterly ignore your farm team? Bad Dung comes around, young guys are leaned on so heavily that eventually they start to crack - there's only so much Borowiecki and Gryba can do with pylons like Schira and Conboy behind them. Anyone who reads my posts here knew that I was against allowing the team to continue with the D it has right now.

God forbid Wiercioch gets injured, as he's basically the only other good D-man there. Oh...wait... :crossarms:

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Lehner's entire Cussing year is getting messed up right now. Injury, then he gets suspended, then he injures his groin making 45 saves because the B-Sens are an abomination of a team.

See what happens when you completely and utterly ignore your farm team? Bad Dung comes around, young guys are leaned on so heavily that eventually they start to crack - there's only so much Borowiecki and Gryba can do with pylons like Schira and Conboy behind them. Anyone who reads my posts here knew that I was against allowing the team to continue with the D it has right now.

God forbid Wiercioch gets injured, as he's basically the only other good D-man there. Oh...wait... :crossarms:

Anyone who reads your posts know that you're giving Lehner a free pass for having a bad year. Conboy is a +2, by the way.

Yeah, I know, +/- doesn't mean anything.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Lehner's entire Cussing year is getting messed up right now. Injury, then he gets suspended, then he injures his groin making 45 saves because the B-Sens are an abomination of a team.

Anyone who reads your posts know that you're giving Lehner a free pass for having a bad year. Conboy is a +2, by the way.

That really does prove that +/- doesn't mean anything. Lehner's getting dangerously close to a 'lost year'. The kind of thing where he should be commended for playing as well as he has behind a terrible team, but at the same time he hasn't got the minutes he needed to get, nor the experience, nor the wins and now his save % has dipped under .910. They might choose to get him out of there and up to Ottawa next year even if he doesn't play much.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Bingo is in tough. They were basically stripped of the core of the team, though, so this situation wasn't entirely avoidable (although more should've been done to bring in D-men down there). A certain amount of room had to be allowed for guys like Da Costa and Rundblad (and maybe Z-Bad), etc, as well.

It was just a bad situation for Bingo, with lots of the talent and leadership leaving. It's hard to rebuild a team like that in one off-season.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Lehner already knows he's the future (he's hunting Anderson remember ?).

I really wish we hadn't anointed him the goalie of the future so early on, yes he is a great talent and will most likely be a great NHL goalie but he still has a long way to go:

- He has to bounce from this bad season, stay healthy and play better
- He's going to be a backup here as early as next year, he's gotta be solid when he's in
- He has to outplay Anderson for the #1 job, no not take over by default when Andy's contract is up

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

That really does prove that +/- doesn't mean anything. Lehner's getting dangerously close to a 'lost year'. The kind of thing where he should be commended for playing as well as he has behind a terrible team, but at the same time he hasn't got the minutes he needed to get, nor the experience, nor the wins and now his save % has dipped under .910. They might choose to get him out of there and up to Ottawa next year even if he doesn't play much.

Hehe. It's really hard for you to accept that Lehner is just not playing all that good and that at least part of the blame goes to him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sure, he'll be the first to tell you he's not doing as well as he wants, but I think the situation is bad enough to take into account.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Sure, he'll be the first to tell you he's not doing as well as he wants, but I think the situation is bad enough to take into account.

Take into account, sure. But to throw everyone who is not a favored prospect under the bus to absolve Lehner of any responsibility for his bad season is something I can't agree with.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Sure, he'll be the first to tell you he's not doing as well as he wants, but I think the situation is bad enough to take into account.

Take into account, sure. But to throw everyone who is not a favored prospect under the bus to absolve Lehner of any responsibility for his bad season is something I can't agree with.

Here are the guys who have done well:

1.Borowiecki
2.Gryba
3.Wiercioch
4.Hoffman
5.Cannone
6.Petersson

That's basically it.

Locke has come in and in 22 games leads the entire team in scoring. Also, Da Costa and Klinkhammer have comparably high stats in 20ish games.

That's a stat that's very Cussed up, even if he is the reigning AHL MVP. The B-Sens have a measly 116 goals for 22nd in the entire league as well, so they don't score. They've also given up the 2nd most in the league, that is a tale of woe. That's the kind of situation you want your franchise G to NOT be in IMO.

This is a woeful team - and yet Lehner is still at a .909 and McKenna is at .918 - two unbelievably good statistics - especially considering both of these guys went a long time between starts.

What a difference a calm and cool D vet would have made - Benoit's gone, D.Smith is gone and they replace them with...Conboy.

Of course, there are other reasons this happened. Grant has had a terrible year in terms of health and production - he just can't get back on track after injuring himself and Locke being out for half the season was devastating to a team who had already lost Z.Smith, Condra, Butler, Greening and Daugavins from their forward core. Dziurzynski, Cowick and O'Brien all took steps backwards to add to the fun that is the Binghamton Senators.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

They went waaay down after Daugavins went up.

Last edited by Michallica on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:They went waaay down after Daugavins went up

Definitely - that and Locke getting hurt basically ended their season - which is fine, don't get me wrong they just won the Cup, they lost their core and had them replaced with 2nd year players and rookies - I get the point of that, but when you ignore beefing up your D the way they did, it becomes a very, very hard place for young players to play.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:They went waaay down after Daugavins went up

Definitely - that and Locke getting hurt basically ended their season - which is fine, don't get me wrong they just won the Cup, they lost their core and had them replaced with 2nd year players and rookies - I get the point of that, but when you ignore beefing up your D the way they did, it becomes a very, very hard place for young players to play.

Good learning experience actually. They learned to win last year and saw the highest of highs, and now they experience the other side. Will make them better in the long run; more seasoned

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Good learning experience actually. They learned to win last year and saw the highest of highs, and now they experience the other side. Will make them better in the long run; more seasoned

That's just something losers say to make themselves feel better about being losers.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:

That's just something losers say to make themselves feel better about being losers.

Rather they lose down there than up here.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

New "All Star" donuts:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 18 AkGxyewCQAEMhCr

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum