GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eric Karlsson Contract Talk

+13
SensHulk
stempniaksen
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
spader
PTFlea
dennycrane
wprager
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
BigRig
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Eric Karlsson Contract Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Karlsson Contract Talk Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:14 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:Either a 2 or 3 year x 4.5M or a 10 x 5.5M would be my guesses. No way will it be a contract in the 4-6 year range. He is an RFA for 4 more years, so there is no need to panic yet.

He's like Myers was, except instead of having a sophomore slump he's leading the league among defensemen, and has been on the ice for 73% of the Sens' goals. Why on earth would you think he would settle for 2-3 years x $4.5M?

32Eric Karlsson Contract Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Karlsson Contract Talk Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:04 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:Either a 2 or 3 year x 4.5M or a 10 x 5.5M would be my guesses. No way will it be a contract in the 4-6 year range. He is an RFA for 4 more years, so there is no need to panic yet.

He's like Myers was, except instead of having a sophomore slump he's leading the league among defensemen, and has been on the ice for 73% of the Sens' goals. Why on earth would you think he would settle for 2-3 years x $4.5M?

Because as an RFA, he's as "under control" as possible in the world of hockey. So, either the Sens go for a deal that takes him to the end of his RFA term (but not beyond), then re-assess then, or they go all out and go for 7-10 deal, but they make sure they pay less for the RFA years, then combine that with the UFA years and take the average.

33Eric Karlsson Contract Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Karlsson Contract Talk Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:07 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Give him whatever he Cussing wants. It's not like the Sens can't afford it. No sense pulling an LA with Doughty.

34Eric Karlsson Contract Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Karlsson Contract Talk Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:Give him whatever he Cussing wants. It's not like the Sens can't afford it. No sense pulling an LA with Doughty.

As long as it's not a year past RFA status and we get Cussed, I'm all for giving the guy his $$.

35Eric Karlsson Contract Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Karlsson Contract Talk Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:17 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Karlsson has the same agent as Doughty so it'll probably be a very similar contract, especially if this talk of Karlsson for the Norris goes anywhere.

36Eric Karlsson Contract Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Karlsson Contract Talk Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And completely separate from his on-ice performance, he is the kind of player that electrifies crowds, sells jerseys and makes fans want to come and watch some more. I would guess Myers isn't nearly as much of a draw.

Plus the intangibles, like being able to rub it in Brennan's face about his "Garbage Pick" article.

37Eric Karlsson Contract Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Karlsson Contract Talk Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:05 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

LeKid tells his conditions, the old man signs.
No need for agents and argumentation

38Eric Karlsson Contract Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Karlsson Contract Talk Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKid wrote:LeKid tells his conditions, the old man signs.
No need for agents and argumentation
Laugh1

39Eric Karlsson Contract Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Karlsson Contract Talk Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:29 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The latest I heard this morning is Karlsson and his agent are looking to Mike Green's contract of 5.25M per season as a comparable. Given what Green had to do to get that kind of deal it's not unreasonable to think they settle on 5M per season give or take a few hundred grand.

40Eric Karlsson Contract Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Karlsson Contract Talk Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:45 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:The latest I heard this morning is Karlsson and his agent are looking to Mike Green's contract of 5.25M per season as a comparable. Given what Green had to do to get that kind of deal it's not unreasonable to think they settle on 5M per season give or take a few hundred grand.

That's a reasonable comparable right there which is why I said 5.5m per year is plenty in the first place.

41Eric Karlsson Contract Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Karlsson Contract Talk Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:46 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:The latest I heard this morning is Karlsson and his agent are looking to Mike Green's contract of 5.25M per season as a comparable. Given what Green had to do to get that kind of deal it's not unreasonable to think they settle on 5M per season give or take a few hundred grand.

That's a reasonable comparable right there which is why I said 5.5m per year is plenty in the first place.

I'm glad we're in agreement. Cheers

42Eric Karlsson Contract Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Karlsson Contract Talk Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:48 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'm glad we're in agreement. Cheers

Beer

43Eric Karlsson Contract Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Karlsson Contract Talk Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:52 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Every penny saved is another penny we can offer to Parise.

44Eric Karlsson Contract Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Karlsson Contract Talk Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:00 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I really doubt we have to go over 6 mill per year myself. Give term and he'll sign. Mike green's contract is a good comparison but add a bit of inflation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum