GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Montreal @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Friday, Movember 4, 2011

+12
SensHulk
sandysensfan
Hoags
PTFlea
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Ev
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That makes sense, Sandy.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I just don't like the stench that surrounds this guy at the moment.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:You gotta wonder if Filatov is being crammed down MacStache's throat by Murray. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened in the NHL...don't know if it happens often.

Regardless, Filatov will control his own destiny, it just might take a while.

That was my guess from the time he got called up two games ago. Mac doesn't want him up here, it's pretty obvious. And top add to that, we have:

1.Daugavins
2.Z.Smith
3.Neil
4.Condra
5.Winchester
6.Konopka

as our bottom 6 - which is excellent IMO, almost picture perfect, so Filatov has zero place taking one of their spots.

Yeah, this is the other issue...those 6 are all earning their ice time...The easy out is Konopka, but you don't want him sitting for an extended period of time.

We need another top-6 winger to get injured for Filatov to get a real shot! C'mon Michalek! Blow out your knee!

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tongue

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Peggy wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Peggy wrote:
NEELY wrote:Anyways, Filatov is still very much a project and he needs to re-learn a lot of things. Again, it all comes down to the mental side of things because the physical skills and aspects of his game are not lacking.

Sometimes it's as simple as a light going off, the hard part is finding that switch that controls it.

When I watch him it's also the physical skills. He seems to light and too fragile for the NHL. His skills do not translate to the NHL yet.

Being light or beng fragile isn't a skill.

They're physical characteristics. In the NHL he is small and plays small. It's not a problem for him in the A

That's mental.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We're all guessing at the issue with Mac not playing Filatov, it isn't the skill, he's shown good skills as far as I'm concerned. Maybe it's the physical play, maybe it's his off-9ice practice regime, who knows.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Peggy wrote:
NEELY wrote:Anyways, Filatov is still very much a project and he needs to re-learn a lot of things. Again, it all comes down to the mental side of things because the physical skills and aspects of his game are not lacking.

Sometimes it's as simple as a light going off, the hard part is finding that switch that controls it.

When I watch him it's also the physical skills. He seems to light and too fragile for the NHL. His skills do not translate to the NHL yet.

What Peggy meant is, in NHL 12, his Durability, Aggressiveness, and Strength ratings would be 25. Or, as most people refer to them, "girly Russian territory".

Wanna say that to my face? Or A-Train's face?

Truth be told, he *does* look girly, but it has nothing to do with his being Russian. Karlsson looks girly, too. His wrists are about half the size of mine (I guess you don't need wrists with today's new-fangled, lighter-than-air composite sticks; plus he doesn't needs wrists for his slap-shots).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
Peggy wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Peggy wrote:

They're physical characteristics. In the NHL he is small and plays small. It's not a problem for him in the A

That's mental.

50% of it is half mental.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Peggy wrote:
Playing a smiled forward on the 4th line is equivalent to playing a RH d-man on the left side.

I have to ask -- is that a typo or a banned word filter translation?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:We're all guessing at the issue with Mac not playing Filatov, it isn't the skill, he's shown good skills as far as I'm concerned. Maybe it's the physical play, maybe it's his off-9ice practice regime, who knows.

Watching Filatov in the NHL, you see him skate around the ice and he seems to busy but it seems like he's not doing anything at all.

He had some (seemingly) great chemistry with Regin in the preseason, that's something they might revisit when Regin returns.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, a lot of questions need to be answered when Regin and Alfie return. Like...that's 2/3s of our 2nd line.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Game Day - Montreal @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Friday, Movember 4, 2011 - Page 5 Smurf_assassin

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Interesting note - Habs have not played in 6 days... they've won 3 in a row going into tonight's tilt.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Interesting note - Habs have not played in 6 days... they've won 3 in a row going into tonight's tilt.

TONIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Interesting to see no Rundblad...guess they don't want Lee to get rusty. Its been a while. Lookin' forward to tonight's tilt.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Interesting note - Habs have not played in 6 days... they've won 3 in a row going into tonight's tilt.

They'll need Oil of Ole to help with the rust.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:

They'll need Oil of Ole to help with the rust.
Hey-O!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

let's tear Montreal a new bunghole! I'm having 9 habs fans over for the game and I want to poop on the fun haha. squirrel

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum