GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Montreal @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Friday, Movember 4, 2011

+12
SensHulk
sandysensfan
Hoags
PTFlea
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Ev
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:You gotta wonder if Filatov is being crammed down MacStache's throat by Murray. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened in the NHL...don't know if it happens often.

Regardless, Filatov will control his own destiny, it just might take a while.

That was my guess from the time he got called up two games ago. Mac doesn't want him up here, it's pretty obvious. And top add to that, we have:

1.Daugavins
2.Z.Smith
3.Neil
4.Condra
5.Winchester
6.Konopka

as our bottom 6 - which is excellent IMO, almost picture perfect, so Filatov has zero place taking one of their spots.

Yeah, this is the other issue...those 6 are all earning their ice time...The easy out is Konopka, but you don't want him sitting for an extended period of time.

We need another top-6 winger to get injured for Filatov to get a real shot! C'mon Michalek! Blow out your knee!
Oh no you didn't...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:Ugh can't wait til Lee is gone.

We could have more puck movement from the back and we could be helping Rundblad's development, instead we're compelled to ice that albino(black hole of offense that he is).

NEELY wrote:
I hate the Corey Locke argument. Filatov isn't a future 1st liner in the making, he's a guy barly hanging onto his NHL dreams by a thread. He needs to show something that says to the coaches "he's close" or "he wants it". No one has seen it yet.

I haven't seen "lack of effort" from Filatov, he backchecks and throws some hits. He has no chemistry with his linemates, in the Boston game they couldn't even keep up with him.

Lack of effort could be confused with working hard when he should be working smart. I say that a lot but it's true. He might think he's working hard but if he's not mentally there yet then it could look like a lack of effort.

As for the Corey Locke comment, I ment it as an example of people saying "he needs to play ont he top 2 line to be effecitve". While Filatov might be much more effective on the top 2 line he can still be effective in other ways on the 3rd or 4th line. I don't buy the argument that says players can't do things well with little ice. Again, ice time is earned.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Anyways, Filatov is still very much a project and he needs to re-learn a lot of things. Again, it all comes down to the mental side of things because the physical skills and aspects of his game are not lacking.

Sometimes it's as simple as a light going off, the hard part is finding that switch that controls it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Anyways, Filatov is still very much a project and he needs to re-learn a lot of things. Again, it all comes down to the mental side of things because the physical skills and aspects of his game are not lacking.

Sometimes it's as simple as a light going off, the hard part is finding that switch that controls it.

When I watch him it's also the physical skills. He seems to light and too fragile for the NHL. His skills do not translate to the NHL yet.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Breaking news: Michalek blew out his knee. Filatov to be inserted into top 6. Goals imminent.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:Ugh can't wait til Lee is gone.

We could have more puck movement from the back and we could be helping Rundblad's development, instead we're compelled to ice that albino(black hole of offense that he is).

NEELY wrote:
I hate the Corey Locke argument. Filatov isn't a future 1st liner in the making, he's a guy barly hanging onto his NHL dreams by a thread. He needs to show something that says to the coaches "he's close" or "he wants it". No one has seen it yet.

I haven't seen "lack of effort" from Filatov, he backchecks and throws some hits. He has no chemistry with his linemates, in the Boston game they couldn't even keep up with him.

Lack of effort could be confused with working hard when he should be working smart. I say that a lot but it's true. He might think he's working hard but if he's not mentally there yet then it could look like a lack of effort.

As for the Corey Locke comment, I ment it as an example of people saying "he needs to play ont he top 2 line to be effecitve". While Filatov might be much more effective on the top 2 line he can still be effective in other ways on the 3rd or 4th line. I don't buy the argument that says players can't do things well with little ice. Again, ice time is earned.

Playing a smiled forward on the 4th line is equivalent to playing a RH d-man on the left side.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Countdown until Daug or Condra takes a top 6 spot until Alfie returns.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Let's stomp those smurfs good...

*STOMP*

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

He seems intimidated by the NHL, I looked at some of his AHL highlights and it's a different player. Don't know why he is so reluctant to shoot the puck.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bah...girly russians.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Peggy wrote:
NEELY wrote:Anyways, Filatov is still very much a project and he needs to re-learn a lot of things. Again, it all comes down to the mental side of things because the physical skills and aspects of his game are not lacking.

When I watch him it's also the physical skills. He seems to light and too fragile for the NHL. His skills do not translate to the NHL yet.

Being light or beng fragile isn't a skill.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

He seems intimidated by the NHL, I looked at some of his AHL highlights and it's a different player. Don't know why he is so reluctant to shoot the puck.

More time in the AHL and less structure. More mistakes are made as well.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Peggy wrote:

What Peggy meant is, in NHL 12, his Durability, Aggressiveness, and Strength ratings would be 25. Or, as most people refer to them, "girly Russian territory".

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
shabbs wrote:As per BooBoo:

Brian Lee will play tonite vs. Habs. Appears Rundblad won't.

Wow. Pressbox night for Dr. 7. Ahhhhh!

Rundblad needs some AHL time......but also watching some NHL games won't hurt (too much).

They are trying to watch the number of games Rundblad plays. He is used to a 55 game schedule not an 82 game schedule. They said they don't want to burn him out too early.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Peggy wrote:

They're physical characteristics. In the NHL he is small and plays small. It's not a problem for him in the A

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That makes sense, Sandy.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I just don't like the stench that surrounds this guy at the moment.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:You gotta wonder if Filatov is being crammed down MacStache's throat by Murray. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened in the NHL...don't know if it happens often.

Regardless, Filatov will control his own destiny, it just might take a while.

That was my guess from the time he got called up two games ago. Mac doesn't want him up here, it's pretty obvious. And top add to that, we have:

1.Daugavins
2.Z.Smith
3.Neil
4.Condra
5.Winchester
6.Konopka

as our bottom 6 - which is excellent IMO, almost picture perfect, so Filatov has zero place taking one of their spots.

Yeah, this is the other issue...those 6 are all earning their ice time...The easy out is Konopka, but you don't want him sitting for an extended period of time.

We need another top-6 winger to get injured for Filatov to get a real shot! C'mon Michalek! Blow out your knee!

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum