GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Montreal @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Friday, Movember 4, 2011

+12
SensHulk
sandysensfan
Hoags
PTFlea
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Ev
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

K-Daug has been recalled by the Sens. My guess is it's for tomrrow night's game. Tovarich Filatov, you have 60 minutes left in your audition for the top-six.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Peggy wrote:Peggy predict Sens win in landslide. Sens score more goals than satisfied customers of USA Prime Credit

Solid prediction! NOT!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:K-Daug has been recalled by the Sens. My guess is it's for tomrrow night's game. Tovarich Filatov, you have 60 minutes left in your audition for the top-six.

Nah, they will probably keep Daugavins in that 3rd line winger slot. Filatov basically has until Alfi comes back to get a real shot at sticking. If he doesn't make a positive impression soon, he will be back in Bingo for a while yet and what happens after that, who knows. Russia might be his only option in his mind. Can't see him wanting to grind it out in the AHL much longer.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:K-Daug has been recalled by the Sens. My guess is it's for tomrrow night's game. Tovarich Filatov, you have 60 minutes left in your audition for the top-six.

Nah, they will probably keep Daugavins in that 3rd line winger slot. Filatov basically has until Alfi comes back to get a real shot at sticking. If he doesn't make a positive impression soon, he will be back in Bingo for a while yet and what happens after that, who knows. Russia might be his only option in his mind. Can't see him wanting to grind it out in the AHL much longer.
Yep. Good call. As per TSN Wally:

Looks like Daugavins in on 3rd line and Konopka sits tonight.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And via Mendes:

Likely OTT lines tonight: Michalek-Spezza-Greening, Foligno-Da Costa-Butler, Daugavins-Smith-Neil, Filatov-Winchester-Condra

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

As per BooBoo:

Brian Lee will play tonite vs. Habs. Appears Rundblad won't.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

No Rundblad against the small Habs? BOoo.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:As per BooBoo:

Wow. Pressbox night for Dr. 7. Ahhhhh!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:

Rundblad needs some AHL time......but also watching some NHL games won't hurt (too much).

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Konopka coming out is the right call. The Habs are not a team you need a ton of toughness to play against. Lee is also a good call because this is a game where Rundblad could struggle and Lee needs to get in. Slow and steady can beat the Habs for sure.

Filatov has a little more help with Condra there instead of Konopka so hopefully that helps.

Daugavins is back, never thought it would actually matter all that much but he adds a lot to that 3rd line.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Rundblad needs some AHL time......but also watching some NHL games won't hurt (too much).

He's made some game changing plays in the NHL already, not too sure what the AHL will do for him in all honesty.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Boo on Rundblad being scratched. :crossarms:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Showcasing Lee? Or is it because he's our per-game hits leader?

And too bad about Filatov still being on the 4th line. I don't disagree with NEELY that he can still show something, but for an offensive player it's certainly better to play more ice time with better talent. He's got under 50 NHL games under his belt -- can't exactly expect him to drive the team bus yet.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Boo on Rundblad being scratched. :crossarms:

Rundblad has it pretty good. Doesn't have to go to the AHL for whatever reason so the only hammer the organization has is ice time. Rundblad is far from perfect and Lee is just as good right now with different strengths and weaknesses.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

I'm not sure if he needs AHL time anymore...he seems to be developing just fine with the big club. I thought he really did at first but then he really came around.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Damn, no one on the prediction panel is predicting a Sens win tonight. I think we have a chance. It'll be a hard fought game for sure.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gonna be a tall task without Habs-killah Alfie.

#doitforalfie

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:

Showcasing Lee? Or is it because he's our per-game hits leader?

And too bad about Filatov still being on the 4th line. I don't disagree with NEELY that he can still show something, but for an offensive player it's certainly better to play more ice time with better talent. He's got under 50 NHL games under his belt -- can't exactly expect him to drive the team bus yet.

I hate the Corey Locke argument. Filatov isn't a future 1st liner in the making, he's a guy barly hanging onto his NHL dreams by a thread. He needs to show something that says to the coaches "he's close" or "he wants it". No one has seen it yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum