GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All things Baseball

+12
dennycrane
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
spader
shabbs
garblar
SensHulk
sens4win
Ev
tim1_2
NEELY
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 13]

121All things Baseball - Page 9 Empty Re: All things Baseball Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:46 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:That was hilarious. And madison is a beast. single-handedly won the world series for the giants. gotta feel for the royals.

When they hit that triple with two outs in the 9th, I actually was hoping he'd just go for an inside the park homer. He likely would have been out but with bumgarner pitching the way he was, there's no way anyone was going to drive him in with two outs.

Yeah, given the situation, he should've just charged home and taken a chance. Of course, if he's thrown out at home, then everyone says that they were idiots for sending the runner.

122All things Baseball - Page 9 Empty Re: All things Baseball Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:49 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:That was hilarious.  And madison is a beast.  single-handedly won the world series for the giants.  gotta feel for the royals.

When they hit that triple with two outs in the 9th, I actually was hoping he'd just go for an inside the park homer.  He likely would have been out but with bumgarner pitching the way he was, there's no way anyone was going to drive him in with two outs.

Yeah, given the situation, he should've just charged home and taken a chance.  Of course, if he's thrown out at home, then everyone says that they were idiots for sending the runner.

Would have been one heck of a way to end the game. the giants were fumbling the ball all over lol probably cuz bumgarner gave them zero field work to begin with. GOod chance the throw gets away and stuff, or the runner bowls over or drop kicks the catcher. But yeah, they made the right call to stop him at third.

Also hate the presentation ceremonies in all the other sports. Nothing beats the Stanley Cup

123All things Baseball - Page 9 Empty Re: All things Baseball Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:22 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:That was hilarious.  And madison is a beast.  single-handedly won the world series for the giants.  gotta feel for the royals.

When they hit that triple with two outs in the 9th, I actually was hoping he'd just go for an inside the park homer.  He likely would have been out but with bumgarner pitching the way he was, there's no way anyone was going to drive him in with two outs.

I don't know if he would have been out. I think if he had not hesitated, he would have scored. What a bumble**** that was by the Giants, they're obviously very lucky.

124All things Baseball - Page 9 Empty Re: All things Baseball Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, that wasn't a triple, it was a single and a 2-base E8. I don't really know where he slowed down but I was 100% convinced he would be rounding 3rd at the very least. He must have slowed down a lot, somewhere, or he is a very slow runner. It wasn't exactly a screaming liner -- by the time it got to the wall he should have been rounding second.

125All things Baseball - Page 9 Empty Re: All things Baseball Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:22 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was a pretty hardcore ball fan until the Expos left. Will they be back? Bell has actually spent real money on a study to see if it's worth it. According to this article Bell would be part of a pretty broad potential ownership group.

http://affaires.lapresse.ca/economie/quebec/201411/07/01-4816647-retour-du-baseball-lequipe-dactionnaires-prend-forme.php

126All things Baseball - Page 9 Empty Re: All things Baseball Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:59 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:I was a pretty hardcore ball fan until the Expos left. Will they be back? Bell has actually spent real money on a study to see if it's worth it. According to this article Bell would be part of a pretty broad potential ownership group.

http://affaires.lapresse.ca/economie/quebec/201411/07/01-4816647-retour-du-baseball-lequipe-dactionnaires-prend-forme.php

It would be amazing to get a team back in Montreal. I have many fond memories as a kid going to Montreal for the day to catch afternoon games on the weekend.

127All things Baseball - Page 9 Empty Re: All things Baseball Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:10 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I was a pretty hardcore ball fan until the Expos left. Will they be back? Bell has actually spent real money on a study to see if it's worth it. According to this article Bell would be part of a pretty broad potential ownership group.

It would be amazing to get a team back in Montreal.  I have many fond memories as a kid going to Montreal for the day to catch afternoon games on the weekend.

My biggest disappointment was going to my first game and my favourite player, Gary Carter, wasn't playing. Some guy named Bobby Ramos was catching that day.

I saw my share of games at the Big O but the best ball I saw was the first "official" inter-league series at SkyDome between Montreal and the Jays. Jeff Juden's 14 strikeout game vs. The Rocket was a thing to behold.

128All things Baseball - Page 9 Empty Re: All things Baseball Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sounds like a real possibility.

129All things Baseball - Page 9 Empty Re: All things Baseball Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:41 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I heard Tampa was being looked at for relocation but think those rumors were debunked. Between Tampa and Miami, I don't think baseball works in Florida and would imagine that either of these two will relocate within the next few years.

Hard to imagine that baseball can't succeed in Florida but the evidence is there. Too bad because as a player, it's probably one of the best States to play in.

130All things Baseball - Page 9 Empty Re: All things Baseball Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:51 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rumours of Jays being a big player for Russell Martin

131All things Baseball - Page 9 Empty Re: All things Baseball Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:05 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Peter Gammons ‏@pgammo 5m5 minutes ago

Told Toronto got Martin for "McCann money"

lol

132All things Baseball - Page 9 Empty Re: All things Baseball Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:07 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jon Heyman @JonHeymanCBS · 1m 1 minute ago

blue jays are signing russell martin to 5-year deal

133All things Baseball - Page 9 Empty Re: All things Baseball Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 36s36 seconds ago

Source: Martin deal with #BlueJays is five years, $82M.

134All things Baseball - Page 9 Empty Re: All things Baseball Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:46 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big bucks for Martin, but cool that the Jays are doing something interesting.

135All things Baseball - Page 9 Empty Re: All things Baseball Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:47 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Haha wow, talk about paying for a guy waaaaaaaay past his prime. That said they need a guy behind the plate that has some idea of what he's doing and can hit for a decent average.

136All things Baseball - Page 9 Empty Re: All things Baseball Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:50 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like the signing to be honest. Russ is a winner and will change the clubhouse dominicano mentality.

137All things Baseball - Page 9 Empty Re: All things Baseball Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:01 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

You hope anyways. Some pretty big ego's collecting cheques there, don't think they give a damn one way or another but you are right, Martin has been with the Dodgers, Yankees, and Pirates, all those teams made it to the post season with him behind the plate I believe.

138All things Baseball - Page 9 Empty Re: All things Baseball Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not entirely sure this guy is even half as good as Ernie Whitt was but I suspect "probably not."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum