GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anybody collect baseball cards?

+3
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
Ev
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Anybody collect baseball cards? Empty Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:51 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm guessing there isn't a market for these on this website, but if so, I have some up for auction. Fairly valuable cards. All worth upwards of $100 or more.

Tim Lincecum 2007 Bowman Sterling #TL AUTO RC: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/251132758522?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1203

Jay Bruce 2005 Bowman Chrome Draft Blue Refractors #32 First Year /150: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/251132761073?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1203

Evan Longoria 2006 Bowman Sterling Prospects Refractors #EL AUTO /199: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/251132766165?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1203

Josh Hamilton 2007 Bowman Sterling Refractors #JH RC AUTO /199: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/251132769883?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1203

Last edited by Big Ev on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Anybody collect baseball cards? Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:40 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Best of luck with your auctions. I know the bottom really fell out of the card market at some point, but hopefully there's still some hardcore collectors around that'll give you some dough.

At some point I'll dig out my old card collection (20+ years old) and see what's what. Mine was more hockey cards, from what I remember.

3Anybody collect baseball cards? Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:53 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I have a Bobby Clarke and Bobby Orr rookie card. Both in mint condition. I looked up the value in a beckett in the 90s and both were worth hundreds of dollars. I assume the cardboard they were printed on is now worth more than the cards themselves.

4Anybody collect baseball cards? Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:31 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have another Josh Hamilton card that has sold for 600 graded and 300 nongraded on eBay, so I am debating of I should get it graded or not. Gradjng would cost like 80 bucks and you might have to pay duty if the customs people read the package wrong...

I think I probably made the mistake of listing these at midnight.

5Anybody collect baseball cards? Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:34 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I have a Bobby Clarke and Bobby Orr rookie card. Both in mint condition. I looked up the value in a beckett in the 90s and both were worth hundreds of dollars. I assume the cardboard they were printed on is now worth more than the cards themselves.

If you know what they are called I could look up the values for you. They should still be worth a lot if they were one of the more valuable rookie cards at the time.

If they are worth something then I would suggest getting them graded by PSA

6Anybody collect baseball cards? Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:36 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I can't understand how you think or that these cards are actually worth that much. EDIT: Nevermind, I see your prices are .98$. Where did you come up with $100-300?

I have a tonne of Upper Deck NHL cards from the 90-91 and 91-92 seasons, and they are worthless. Mint condition but worthless, because they were overproduced.

7Anybody collect baseball cards? Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:41 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They are worth that much. The values are from Beckett, a price guide for cards. I didn't make the values up lol. The price of $.99 is just the starting bids. I put them up for auction instead of selling them.

8Anybody collect baseball cards? Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:10 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

no reserve? and worth is only as much as someone is willing to pay.

9Anybody collect baseball cards? Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:16 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:no reserve? and worth is only as much as someone is willing to pay.

No reserve. I won't get what the cards are actually worth, but I already have a lot of people watching these auctions and in my research, the cards have sold pretty well.

If the prices are Dung near the end then I might just have to cancel them though Wink

10Anybody collect baseball cards? Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:21 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

so the fact you won't get what they are "worth" tells me they aren't actually "worth" that much.

11Anybody collect baseball cards? Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:25 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I bid $1.00!

Sarcasm

12Anybody collect baseball cards? Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:28 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:They are worth that much. The values are from Beckett, a price guide for cards. I didn't make the values up lol. The price of $.99 is just the starting bids. I put them up for auction instead of selling them.

They are worth what people will pay for them, as the old saying goes. I'll be curious to see how much your cards end up going for. eBay is a pretty universal marketplace, so THAT will be the definitive guide, not Beckett!

13Anybody collect baseball cards? Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:31 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:so the fact you won't get what they are "worth" tells me they aren't actually "worth" that much.

That's their current value but no it, doesn't mean you're gonna get it if you put it up for auction. Lots of factors at play. Like you said, you need people who want it. Get some bidding wards going. Cards don't normally sell for their true worth unless they are graded (meaning people know the true condition). I would do that if it wasn't so damn expensive. Right now if you're bidding on eBay, you can't really tell the true the condition of ungraded cards since people scan cards with a plastic case on them.

and, if you went to a card shop then you definitely won't get fair value. They'd rip you off like Pawn Stars.

14Anybody collect baseball cards? Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:32 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:They are worth that much. The values are from Beckett, a price guide for cards. I didn't make the values up lol. The price of $.99 is just the starting bids. I put them up for auction instead of selling them.

They are worth what people will pay for them, as the old saying goes. I'll be curious to see how much your cards end up going for. eBay is a pretty universal marketplace, so THAT will be the definitive guide, not Beckett!

you are correct. touched on that in the previous post before I saw your post.

Too bad I didn't live in the USA to get my cards graded.

15Anybody collect baseball cards? Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:15 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'll have to look into it when I get home. Apparently they're from the packs of gum they sold in the 70s. I think this was a 1969-70 O'Pee Chee

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum