GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anybody collect baseball cards?

+3
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
Ev
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Anybody collect baseball cards? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:31 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:so the fact you won't get what they are "worth" tells me they aren't actually "worth" that much.

That's their current value but no it, doesn't mean you're gonna get it if you put it up for auction. Lots of factors at play. Like you said, you need people who want it. Get some bidding wards going. Cards don't normally sell for their true worth unless they are graded (meaning people know the true condition). I would do that if it wasn't so damn expensive. Right now if you're bidding on eBay, you can't really tell the true the condition of ungraded cards since people scan cards with a plastic case on them.

and, if you went to a card shop then you definitely won't get fair value. They'd rip you off like Pawn Stars.

17Anybody collect baseball cards? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:32 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:They are worth that much. The values are from Beckett, a price guide for cards. I didn't make the values up lol. The price of $.99 is just the starting bids. I put them up for auction instead of selling them.

They are worth what people will pay for them, as the old saying goes. I'll be curious to see how much your cards end up going for. eBay is a pretty universal marketplace, so THAT will be the definitive guide, not Beckett!

you are correct. touched on that in the previous post before I saw your post.

Too bad I didn't live in the USA to get my cards graded.

18Anybody collect baseball cards? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:15 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'll have to look into it when I get home. Apparently they're from the packs of gum they sold in the 70s. I think this was a 1969-70 O'Pee Chee

19Anybody collect baseball cards? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:07 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I have a ton of old cards. I've got a Roger Maris and a Tommy John rookie (ever hear of Tommy John surgery?). I also have a bunch of cards from the 90s that are basically worth nothing. Maybe someday the value will climb back up.

20Anybody collect baseball cards? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:20 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:I have a ton of old cards. I've got a Roger Maris and a Tommy John rookie (ever hear of Tommy John surgery?). I also have a bunch of cards from the 90s that are basically worth nothing. Maybe someday the value will climb back up.

The 90's was ridiculous with all their gimmicks and hype. Wish I had sold high.

21Anybody collect baseball cards? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:36 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:I have a ton of old cards. I've got a Roger Maris and a Tommy John rookie (ever hear of Tommy John surgery?). I also have a bunch of cards from the 90s that are basically worth nothing. Maybe someday the value will climb back up.

The 90's was ridiculous with all their gimmicks and hype. Wish I had sold high.

Me too. I don't have a clue what the value would be on this stuff. I just know that it isn't very high.

22Anybody collect baseball cards? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:I bid $1.00!

Sarcasm

give me some fake bids, lets go Wink

23Anybody collect baseball cards? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:10 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:I bid $1.00!

Sarcasm

give me some fake bids, lets go Wink

Hey, you've got bids on all your cards already, and plenty of people watching. That's the important thing. These auctions always take off in the last few minutes.

24Anybody collect baseball cards? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:37 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah I know I was just kidding.

25Anybody collect baseball cards? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:44 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Only thing I'm concerned with is that the auctions end at midnight or later on a weekday. Bad timing on my part

26Anybody collect baseball cards? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I am not liking this...highest only has $37 with 3 hours to go.

27Anybody collect baseball cards? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:28 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

well, can't say that I am happy, but I'll guess I'll take it. $192 for the four cards.

bad timing, lessons learned. Good thing I removed the one "valued" at $300 though.

28Anybody collect baseball cards? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody collect baseball cards? Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:04 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

StickmanDancing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum