GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011

+17
22_4_ever
SensHulk
Da lil Guy
Number Twenty Nine
asq2
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
Ev
spader
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
NEELY
Riprock
Hoags
shabbs
wprager
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

If Konopka and Rundblad are in, who is out (pick two)?

Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 13 Vote_lcap25%Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 13 Vote_lcap25%Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 13 Vote_lcap235%Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 35% [ 7 ]
Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 13 Vote_lcap210%Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 2 ]
Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 13 Vote_lcap235%Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 13 Vote_rcap2 35% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 13]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't find TSN that bad at all...I think we're just overly sensitive.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

From Friedman's blog:
---
Two guys who deserve major credit this week: Stephane DaCosta and Paul MacLean. DaCosta was nearly blown into 2012 by a clean, but ferocious, Dion Phaneuf hit. It's a tough time for the league with the concussion and suspension debates, and both said there was nothing wrong with Phaneuf's contact. DaCosta admitted it was his fault he was hammered that badly. A lot of other guys would have said otherwise, particularly when it comes to a fierce rival.
---
Very true. Da Costa showed guts and class for getting right up, and then not whining about the hit. It was clean. Poor guy, I thought his weird alien head was going to become detached.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I don't find TSN that bad at all...I think we're just overly sensitive.

no they're pretty bad. Though you're right about the last part.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:From Friedman's blog:
---
Two guys who deserve major credit this week: Stephane DaCosta and Paul MacLean. DaCosta was nearly blown into 2012 by a clean, but ferocious, Dion Phaneuf hit. It's a tough time for the league with the concussion and suspension debates, and both said there was nothing wrong with Phaneuf's contact. DaCosta admitted it was his fault he was hammered that badly. A lot of other guys would have said otherwise, particularly when it comes to a fierce rival.
---
Very true. Da Costa showed guts and class for getting right up, and then not whining about the hit. It was clean. Poor guy, I thought his weird alien head was going to become detached.

Hell of a hit, but it takes something like that for a kid to learn sometimes. I agree, clean hit, nothing wrong there. Da Costa took it like a man, came back and scored a hell of a goal.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:From Friedman's blog:
---
---

Hell of a hit, but it takes something like that for a kid to learn sometimes. I agree, clean hit, nothing wrong there. Da Costa took it like a man, came back and scored a hell of a goal.

When DaCosta broke in on that PP and split the D I told my son that he would get rocked at some point in the game. I saw it coming.

Again, I guess I was guilty of stereotyping this guy because he keeps surprising me with his grit and courage. He just shook that Dung off and stepped it up like a real pro.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
When DaCosta broke in on that PP and split the D I told my son that he would get rocked at some point in the game. I saw it coming.

Again, I guess I was guilty of stereotyping this guy because he keeps surprising me with his grit and courage. He just shook that Dung off and stepped it up like a real pro.

Yeah, I was impressed by that more than anything. Especially the Cleary hit that visibly hurt him. The Phaneuf one I think he was thanking his lucky stars that he didn't need some time in the quiet room, but you're right, he picked himself back up and I watched closely - he was back in the corners and making fancy plays right after that.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yeah, I was impressed by that more than anything. Especially the Cleary hit that visibly hurt him. The Phaneuf one I think he was thanking his lucky stars that he didn't need some time in the quiet room, but you're right, he picked himself back up and I watched closely - he was back in the corners and making fancy plays right after that.

Karlsson found himself a nice ally on the PP too. They just read each others minds on that goal.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Karlsson found himself a nice ally on the PP too. They just read each others minds on that goal.

Interesting to see if that was a fluke or if they can build on that and put on a show like that again.

Our PP has looked SO much better than last season, and the numbers show it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum