GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011

+17
22_4_ever
SensHulk
Da lil Guy
Number Twenty Nine
asq2
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
Ev
spader
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
NEELY
Riprock
Hoags
shabbs
wprager
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

If Konopka and Rundblad are in, who is out (pick two)?

Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 12 Vote_lcap25%Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 12 Vote_lcap25%Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 12 Vote_lcap235%Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 35% [ 7 ]
Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 12 Vote_lcap210%Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 2 ]
Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 12 Vote_lcap235%Game Day - Ottawa @ Toronto 7PM, Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 35% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Why wouldn't they resign him? He's 21, not 30. Would they not resign Wiercoich because of Borowiecki, Rundblad, Cowen, Karlsson, Gryba, Blood, Wideman?

He's an asset capable (or so it seems) to be a very productive pro player. Like the rebuild, it is more than a one year trial and error with both the team and Filatov. Unless they make some character judgement on the kid (which is possible) then he is absolutely a guy they need to try and build up.

FYI, Petersson will be pushing too. You can pretty much bet that Konopka, Winchester, and if things don't go well I bet one of Neil, Foligno, or Regin is traded. Alfi may be done after this year as well... just for the sake of argument, we'll say all of that happens with one of Neil, Foligno, or Regin getting traded.

Filatov/Spezza/Michalek
Buter/Da Costa/Silfverberg
Greening/Zibanejad/Foligno
Neil/Smith/Condra
Hoffman/Petersson

It's a process and injuries happen as well as trades. Guys like Stone, Neosen, Peumpel, and some others will be pushing too.

Have a hard time believing Neil would be traded... but he probably would bring the biggest return. I think Foligno & Regin will go first.

Went to 67's game today -- saw Noeson. He got an assist on their goal.. was pretty good but not outstanding. Mika Z was at the game as well. Heard that from one of the 67's reps.

Who really stood out to me and he's not draft eligible until 2013 was Sean Monahan. In his first 6 games he got 14 pts... plays with Prince... his numbers will probably go up when Prince is back. Pretty good for such a young guy.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Da Costa's goal at 5:12 is the most awesome goal so far in the season, so much potential here:

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The goal was OK, the passing was fantastic. The back-of-the-goal view really shows how much Reimer was scrambling. Almost felt sorry for him. Almost.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

That goal was insane, the passing is what made it insane. Da Costa is totally ready to be in The NHL, that was just an NHL play.

If Ottawa can rip off two wins at home this week then they will be just fine. Minny and Colorado are very beatable.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:That goal was insane, the passing is what made it insane. Da Costa is totally ready to be in The NHL, that was just an NHL play.

If Ottawa can rip off two wins at home this week then they will be just fine. Minny and Colorado are very beatable.

If that had been a one-timer (yes, like Zibanejad's, but I'm not comparing) then I'd agree. Actually, Karlsson's pass was not 100% on the mark (given the distance, and the fact that he wasn't even looking that way, I'll let it pass Sarcasm ) so, yeah, the poise he showed to take that pass, put it in the proper shooting position and put it in -- sweet.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Hoags wrote:Da Costa's goal at 5:12 is the most awesome goal so far in the season, so much potential here:

TSN's highlights claim Alfredsson's 2nd goal was a deflection off Karlsson's shot. Does that bother anyone else or is it just me?

They even show the face-on highlight where Karlsson's eyes never leave Alfie...

It was a pass, damnit! Dammit!

Edit: I just rewatched the highlights and it turns out they actually leave out the replay where he has his eyes on Alfie. And he celebrates the Kessel hattrick goal like a fan...and they leave out the Da Costa goal.

Jesus Christ. Is it really impossible to find some impartial highlights from Toronto broadcasts in a Sens game. Facepalm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It was a slap pass if you want to call it a pass, but it was pretty much a shot. I don't know why the wording bothers you, sounds like you are looking for something to criticize TSN for.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:It was a slap pass if you want to call it a pass, but it was pretty much a shot. I don't know why the wording bothers you, sounds like you are looking for something to criticize TSN for.

Yeah, it's not like you need to look very far to find something to criticize them about.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Dash wrote:It was a slap pass if you want to call it a pass, but it was pretty much a shot. I don't know why the wording bothers you, sounds like you are looking for something to criticize TSN for.

The point is that he clearly had that exact play in mind and TSN seems to make an effort to diminish quality skill plays out of Ottawa players.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

cash wrote:

The point is that he clearly had that exact play in mind and TSN seems to make an effort to diminish quality skill plays out of Ottawa players.

A slapshot fromthe point with a guy in front, low enough for a tip. It was a classic play. I don't think it was a pass at all, but it was a play every team practices a million times. That Alfie tipped it up where grandma keeps the pickled herring was a nice bit of skill.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who cares about TSN or any of those places.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:
cash wrote:

A slapshot fromthe point with a guy in front, low enough for a tip. It was a classic play. I don't think it was a pass at all, but it was a play every team practices a million times. That Alfie tipped it up where grandma keeps the pickled herring was a nice bit of skill.

No.

You. are. wrong.

Watch the video above. Watch the 1st replay and watch Karlsson closely. He was never going to shoot at the net. There was a better replay on CBC that clearly shows Karlsson's eyes on Alfie from wind up to follow through.

It was anything but an average play. And it was a slap pass from the top of the circle, not the point.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This isn't worth arguing. If you have that much energy, start tomorrow's GDT.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

cash wrote:Jesus Christ. Is it really impossible to find some impartial highlights from Toronto broadcasts in a Sens game. Facepalm
Yes. It is impossible for the Toronto Sports Network.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
cash wrote:Jesus Christ. Is it really impossible to find some impartial highlights from Toronto broadcasts in a Sens game. Facepalm
Yes. It is impossible for the Toronto Sports Network.

They sicken me.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't find TSN that bad at all...I think we're just overly sensitive.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

From Friedman's blog:
---
Two guys who deserve major credit this week: Stephane DaCosta and Paul MacLean. DaCosta was nearly blown into 2012 by a clean, but ferocious, Dion Phaneuf hit. It's a tough time for the league with the concussion and suspension debates, and both said there was nothing wrong with Phaneuf's contact. DaCosta admitted it was his fault he was hammered that badly. A lot of other guys would have said otherwise, particularly when it comes to a fierce rival.
---
Very true. Da Costa showed guts and class for getting right up, and then not whining about the hit. It was clean. Poor guy, I thought his weird alien head was going to become detached.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I don't find TSN that bad at all...I think we're just overly sensitive.

no they're pretty bad. Though you're right about the last part.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum