GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Entire KHL team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl killed in plane crash

+13
Ev
SensHulk
tim1_2
spader
The Silfer Server
rooneypoo
PTFlea
SensGirl11
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
Riprock
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Heard about it, such a shame but in a way I'm relieved his pain is finally over. It's tragic though, the entire team is now really wiped out.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Heard about it, such a shame but in a way I'm relieved his pain is finally over. It's tragic though, the entire team is now really wiped out.

He was able to speak to his father when he was first brought to the hospital. It wasn't much but I'm sure it meant the world to them both.

Da lil Guy

Rookie
Rookie

Russian aviation prosecution is saying the plane was mechanically sound, passed recent inspections, all maintenance performed, etc.

Saying pilot error is the most likely cause of the crash.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Da lil Guy wrote:Russian aviation prosecution is saying the plane was mechanically sound, passed recent inspections, all maintenance performed, etc.

Entire KHL team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl killed in plane crash - Page 6 07-minister

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Da lil Guy wrote:Russian aviation prosecution is saying the plane was mechanically sound, passed recent inspections, all maintenance performed, etc.

Haha of course they are. Accountability in Russia is nile.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:

Haha of course they are. Accountability in Russia is nile.

Don't be too quick. Is "Russian aviation prosecution" the one prosecuting the case or are they involved as a potential guilty party. I read it as the former. If all engines were on and not experiencing any obvious issues (the black box should settle that), and if there was nothing wrong with the fuel mixture (not sure if the black box will shed any light on that) then it could well be pilot error. Let's just wait until the investigation is completed.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

The crashed plane that the team flew in was banned from flying in EU airspace.

The EU didn't want it flying in their airspace but it was OK to fly in Russia and Belarus.

I flew on a Tupolev aircraft in Europe and it was my only scary flying experience ever.

Landing in Frankfurt, the landing gear would not come down. After several attempts using the manual release the pilot was able to eject the landing gear by initiating a sudden ascent. While it made a lot of people sick, the landing gear came loose. If it didn't it would have been an emergency landing.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if there was a problem with the plane.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Halak honors Demitra on his new mask:
http://ingoalmag.com/news/halak-honors-slovakian-teammate-demitra-with-new-mask/

Entire KHL team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl killed in plane crash - Page 6 Jaroslav-Halak-backplate-2011-12

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://rt.com/news/lokomotiv-children-disease-crash-021/

Lokomotiv captain was anonymously donating large sums of money to families of sick kids. His last such transfer took place minutes before the fateful flight.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

unbelievable. It tears your heart up even more to see such spectacular people taken away from the earth. What a magnificent human being

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum