GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Entire KHL team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl killed in plane crash

+13
Ev
SensHulk
tim1_2
spader
The Silfer Server
rooneypoo
PTFlea
SensGirl11
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
Riprock
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Lokomotiv officials said the entire team was on the plane, on their way to Minsk for a game against Dynamo.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Entire KHL team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl killed in plane crash - Page 2 920041_b_prosto-shok_1315403883

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Jesus. That's awful. What a blow for the entire hockey world -- I'm sure all those guys are friends with so many other NHLers.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Alexander Galimov survived apparently.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov
Lokomotiv forward Alexander Galimov survived the crash, his agent confirmed to Sovetsky Sport.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

According to Wikipedia Rachunek is playing for Dynamo Moscow (not Dynamo Minsk which the Lokomotiv were flying to play).

Edit: He played for Dynamo up to 2008-09 and is listed on the Lokomotiv site as being part of their roster.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Potentially Salei wasn't on the flight according to some rumours.

EDIT: he was.

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Death toll has been raised to 44. There were earlier reports that there were 37 members of the team plus 8 crew. Other reports said the total number of people aboard was 44. Very hard to draw conclusions.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Terribly sad news. I wish their families and friends the best through this awful time.

Karlis Skrastins former Star, Panther, Av, and Predator, and Latvian defensive stalwart signed with Lokomtiv Yaroslavl this past summer. He hasn't been mentioned in reports I've seen, hopefully he wasn't on the plane.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

43 people passed, not 37. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=375297

2 survivors.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

This is awful news. Sad day.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Absolutely terrible.

The guys on TGOR talked about it briefly, and I've often wondered…the number of flights that pro sports teams take, something like this is bound to happen eventually. Really tragic. It's like one giant extended family being wiped out.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I never wanted to believe that this day would ever arrive. I'm crushed about this....this is tragedy at its worst. I can deal with the personal demons and suicides and overdoses but this is beyond words....speechless. Sad day for hockey.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

can you imagine if this happened to the Sens plane? What the hell would we do?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Galimov (one of the survivors) has burns on 80% of his body and is not expected to survive.

Some reports are saying the plane was carrying more than its allowed weight. It failed to reach require altitude on takeoff and hit a communication tower.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:can you imagine if this happened to the Sens plane? What the hell would we do?

Are we talking the entire organization, or just the NHL players? If it's just the NHL players, the guys from Bingo would have to step into big roles, plus Murray would have to sign a glut of remaining UFAs like Stillman, Nylander, Samsonov, Dumont (who I think Murray might sign anyway) etc. etc. etc.

As Tim mentioned, with the amount of travel teams do, this was unfortunately bound to happen at some point. Such a sad day...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Galimov (one of the survivors) has burns on 80% of his body and is not expected to survive.

Some reports are saying the plane was carrying more than its allowed weight. It failed to reach require altitude on takeoff and hit a communication tower.

My heart goes out to Galimov, it really does. He's got to be in horrendous pain right now. Sad

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SlavaMalamud Slava Malamud
by steffeG
Legendary coach Viktor Tikhonov suggests every KHL team send at least one player to Lokomotiv to salvage the team's season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum