GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Byfuglien weighs in at 286lbs! (and arrested too)

+4
Riprock
Ev
tim1_2
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:I dunno...my avatar weighs in at 286 pounds, and the only problem he had was remembering his lines.

Seriously though, I like that he was boating while drunk, and you're concerned about his weight.

I would like to withhold judgement on Buff until I know what kind of boat he was captaining. One of my life dreams is to own a pontoon boat and go out and get hammered on a daily basis while drifting harmlessly around a lake. If Byfuglien was operating a pontoon boat, I say the charges should be dropped…really, how much damage can you do with a pontoon boat?

On another note, 286 isn't actually that bad for a guy that's listed at 260 - 265ish. Dropping 20lbs wouldn't take much.

Depending on how drunk he was -- as in, how many beers he had -- dropping 20 lbs may only take one trip to the can.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

By this time of year all of the pro hockey players (not just NHLers) are back in the gym. Most of them have been there for a few weeks, already. For him to be that big is too much. He is not *that* tall.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Maybe he's just adding some insulation for the cold Winnipeg weather.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Maybe he's just adding some insulation for the cold Winnipeg weather.

3 posts in a row by yourself. Did you know you can combine your thoughts into one post, and no one will think lesser of you? Smile

This guy could've been in the gym all summer and still weigh 286.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I saw him at the draft. He looked very chubby, and again this has always been his biggest issue

Being 280 fat and being 280 fit is a whole different story.

Chris Pronger is a beast and he is only 210.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:I saw him at the draft. He looked very chubby, and again this has always been his biggest issue

Being 280 fat and being 280 fit is a whole different story.

Chris Pronger is a beast and he is only 210.

He should stay away from the Byfuget.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes...no perusing the buffet for Big Buff.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Byfuglien weighs in at 286lbs! (and arrested too) - Page 2 Dustin_byfuglien_accused_of_drunken_boating_weight_gain

Here he is at the draft.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

If he had been training all off-season (or most of it) you would think he would not even put on 20 lbs... would you not?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Yes...no perusing the buffet for Big Buff.

In theory, he can peruse it all he wants, it's when he stuffs his face with a sample from every single plate that leads us to Fat Buff.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
3 posts in a row by yourself. Did you know you can combine your thoughts into one post, and no one will think lesser of you? Smile

Now we're nit-picking IMO.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Now we're nit-picking IMO.

Having said that, the title of this thread should be "Byfuglien weighs in at 286lbs! (and byfugsted too)".

Last edited by SeawaySensFan on Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:If he had been training all off-season (or most of it) you would think he would not even put on 20 lbs... would you not?

Yes, one would think that. He likely wasn't working out as often as he should, but continued to eat like a monster. None of us really know what weight he showed up to camp at last year, and what he typically goes through to get himself into "game shape". He's never been known for his speed, but regardless, he'd be losing some weight in training camp. Being young will help him a lot too. I imagine it's just a combination of youthful eating exuberance and an assumption that he'll be able to get into game shape easily.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

So Boating and Bloating then?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He's actually known as VERY fast for his size. Last year he was like Bobby Orr at times.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:He's actually known as VERY fast for his size. Last year he was like Bobby Orr at times.

I think all NHL/NFL/NBA players are considered fast for their size.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:He's actually known as VERY fast for his size. Last year he was like Bobby Orr at times.

I think all NHL/NFL/NBA players are considered fast for their size.

Watch some highlights of him.

Guy can move for 250lbs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum