GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien

+3
PKC
Snuh
PTFlea
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Empty Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:50 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/chi081119.html

Dave Bolland apparently tipped his hand when intervied by a Olchek (sp):

"We've bonded a lot and we've played great together. It's sad to see Buff..."

To which he's cut off.

Add to this that Byfuglien was oddly a healthy scratch - and I think you have:

Byfuglien to Washinton for Nylander

or to Ottawa for Vermette - which would be really cool.

EDIT:

More:
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/1291644,byfuglien-chicago-blackhawks-112008.article

Though a team spokesman denied a trade had been made moments before Thursday's game against the Dallas Stars, there were signs that something was in the works to acquire Michael Nylander of the Washington Capitals. Forward Dustin Byfuglien came out on the ice for the morning skate and promptly was sent back to the locker room. He had left American Airlines Center before the brief workout was over.

Asked about Byfuglien's sudden departure, coach Joel Quenneville said, ''We should know more later,'' and wouldn't comment further.

Last edited by 504Heater on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

2Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Empty Re: Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:56 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And more:

Chicago radio says it's Sopel and Byfuglien for Nylander and should be done tomorrow.

While XM was wondering why Scotty Bowman was at the Ottawa - Montreal game.

3Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Empty Re: Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:05 am

504Heater wrote:And more:

Chicago radio says it's Sopel and Byfuglien for Nylander and should be done tomorrow.

While XM was wondering why Scotty Bowman was at the Ottawa - Montreal game.

Jesus, we couldnt come up with better than that?!

4Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Empty Re: Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock34 wrote:

We may have. It might be for Vermette. They want a 2nd line center - and I have no idea why they would be after Nylander for the coin he makes.

It actually makes sense that it's the Sens and it's for Vermette.

5Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Empty Re: Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:41 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:

We may have. It might be for Vermette. They want a 2nd line center - and I have no idea why they would be after Nylander for the coin he makes.

I'd rather have Barker. Seriously, if they're looking for a young PMD, Barker is better. But perhaps he's become too expensive.

6Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Empty Re: Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:00 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

So I guess there is a trade down the pipelines.

7Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Empty Re: Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:05 am

It's looking that way.

8Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Empty Re: Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:13 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:

Nylander is a better, more established player than Vermette. Yeah, he had a crappy year last year with the injury and he doesn't seem to fit in well with WAS, but we're talking about a guy who put up 2 back-to-back PPG seasons in 2005-06 and 06-07. Vermette does NOT have that kind of track record. Plus, the word is Tallon's looking for an "experienced" 2nd-line centre. That's Nylander more than Vermette.

I don't think we're in on this deal at all. I wouldn't make sense if we were. No real PMD (Sopel is categorically NOT the answer), and no real top-6 forward (Byfulgien is a big body with some hands, but not a 2nd-line goal-scorer or play-maker by any stretch of the imagination).

9Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Empty Re: Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:17 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What the hell is going on?!

10Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Empty Re: Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:46 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Wow. I posted some rumours a while back, but I thought Buff was untouchable in Chicago.

I wonder how the fans are taking this "news" (or rumours thereof).

11Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Empty Re: Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bowman is in town for some anniversary of hockey blah blah.

12Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Empty Re: Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, I wouldn't take on Sopel's salary, so we're out of this for sure.

13Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Empty Re: Chicago apparently trades Byfuglien Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Byfuglien is also a defenseman, or used to be. Can he move the puck?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum