GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Byfuglien weighs in at 286lbs! (and arrested too)

+4
Riprock
Ev
tim1_2
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DarrenWolfson Darren Wolfson
by 6thSens
Re: Byfuglien - told now refusal of BWI (boating) test. Also told he weighed in at 286 lbs. Holy crap! He played at about 245 lbs last year.
21 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

DarrenWolfson Darren Wolfson
by 6thSens
Got a tip that Dustin Byfuglien was at the Hennepin County Jail last night. DWI test refusal. Here it is: tinyurl.com/3rv5b6x #nhl
26 minutes ago

I'm sorry, did that say he weighed in at 286 pounds?!!! Big problems all around here it sounds like. Is this his way of saying: I don't wanna be here?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I dunno...my avatar weighs in at 286 pounds, and the only problem he had was remembering his lines.

Seriously though, I like that he was boating while drunk, and you're concerned about his weight.

I would like to withhold judgement on Buff until I know what kind of boat he was captaining. One of my life dreams is to own a pontoon boat and go out and get hammered on a daily basis while drifting harmlessly around a lake. If Byfuglien was operating a pontoon boat, I say the charges should be dropped…really, how much damage can you do with a pontoon boat?

On another note, 286 isn't actually that bad for a guy that's listed at 260 - 265ish. Dropping 20lbs wouldn't take much.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I dunno...my avatar weighs in at 286 pounds, and the only problem he had was remembering his lines.

Seriously though, I like that he was boating while drunk, and you're concerned about his weight.

I would like to withhold judgement on Buff until I know what kind of boat he was captaining. One of my life dreams is to own a pontoon boat and go out and get hammered on a daily basis while drifting harmlessly around a lake. If Byfuglien was operating a pontoon boat, I say the charges should be dropped…really, how much damage can you do with a pontoon boat?

On another note, 286 isn't actually that bad for a guy that's listed at 260 - 265ish. Dropping 20lbs wouldn't take much.

Not sure if serious.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Serious.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think we're seeing the makings of a very, very lazy man. He shouldn't even be at 260, he should be streamlined at 245-250 max and he's at 286 with pre-season some 20 days away.

This is a real big issue (lol).

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

That's a big boy.

Oh and all watercraft can do damage Tim.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Makes me want to go and gorge myself on nachos, a burger, ice cream - all washed down by some form of Fat Juice*.

*Fat Juice can be either Cola or Beer.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What a character.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wouldn't say he's lazy…I'd just say he's young. He will get back into shape quickly, and those pounds will literally just drop off. 286 isn't THAT bad when you play around 250-260. This is a gifted athlete…he probably doesn't realize the hard work necessary to sustain his high level of play for a long career…he's currently just assuming that his body won't let him down, which is how a lot of young professional athletes approach things.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Enough with the "too much fried chicken" comments. That's just wrong.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I wouldn't say he's lazy…I'd just say he's young. He will get back into shape quickly, and those pounds will literally just drop off. 286 isn't THAT bad when you play around 250-260. This is a gifted athlete…he probably doesn't realize the hard work necessary to sustain his high level of play for a long career…he's currently just assuming that his body won't let him down, which is how a lot of young professional athletes approach things.

His age is no excuse to not take care of his body. See Crosby, Stamkos, Skinner, all the guys who go to Roberts as good examples of players caring about their fitness at a young age.

He's lazy. This has been a problem with him in the past. One of the reasons they didn't let him play D in Chicago.

First you say it's OK to drink while boating and now you say it's ok for him to gain 40lbs because of his age???

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
First you say it's OK to drink while boating and now you say it's ok for him to gain 40lbs because of his age???

Correction: I said it's OK to drink while PONTOON-boating.

And second, I don't know if he gained 40lbs. Some sites list him at 240, some list him at 265. I'll withhold final judgement until I know what he is listed at in NHL 2012, the definitive source of hockey information.

And third, I don't think I said it's OK to gain xxlbs, but I said it's not abnormal for young pros to not have the most rigorous training regimens during the off-season. This is a kid that is BIGGER to begin with, and likely enjoys eating (who doesn't). Give him a break. Wait until he gets to camp to make judgements about his physical fitness. I don't think it's a big deal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:I dunno...my avatar weighs in at 286 pounds, and the only problem he had was remembering his lines.

Depending on how drunk he was -- as in, how many beers he had -- dropping 20 lbs may only take one trip to the can.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By this time of year all of the pro hockey players (not just NHLers) are back in the gym. Most of them have been there for a few weeks, already. For him to be that big is too much. He is not *that* tall.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe he's just adding some insulation for the cold Winnipeg weather.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum