GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues

+6
The Silfer Server
Tuk Tuk
Sens19
PKC
Phoenix30
davetherave
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Empty Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:21 pm

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=287230

Whaaaaaaaat

I just dont get why he would do that. I'm pretty positive when I say, he must have been drunk. Otherwise he has some serious issues.

2Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:27 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=287230

Whaaaaaaaat

I read the story in the Buffalo News.

A dispute over a $15 dollar cab fare and a little more than a dollar in change...and who knows what provoked it.

Aaron Besecker of the Buffalo News:

"Kane, 20, and James M. Kane, 21, were arrested about 5 a.m. on Eastwood Place, according to Buffalo police reports.

The pair allegedly punched the cab driver and grabbed money they had handed him after he told them he didn't have twenty cents in coins to give them their change, the report said.

Their fare was $13.80 and they handed the driver $15, according to a report.

The cab driver told police he was punched in the face and head, grabbed by the throat and had his glasses broken during the incident."
Allegedly is the operative word.

That's what happens when you're a famous hockey player and you get into an argument in public.

3Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:30 pm

20 cents? ROTF. I lost all respect for this asshat. Multimillionaire and he's literally nickel and diming a cabbie? You gotta think that a lawsuit is coming. Kane will probably buy the guy off before it hits a trial.

This kid ought to learn some class from his captain and some of the other guys on the team.

EDIT: They wanted exact change back too? Wow. What a couple of faggots.

4Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:35 pm

davetherave wrote:

Whaaaaaaaat

A dispute over a $15 dollar cab fare and a little more than a dollar in change...and who knows what provoked it.

"Kane, 20, and James M. Kane, 21, were arrested about 5 a.m. on Eastwood Place, according to Buffalo police reports.

The pair allegedly punched the cab driver and grabbed money they had handed him after he told them he didn't have twenty cents in coins to give them their change, the report said.

The cab driver told police he was punched in the face and head, grabbed by the throat and had his glasses broken during the incident."

That's what happens when you're a famous hockey player and you get into an argument in public.

Or you are a cheap bastard who isn't willing to tip a working man out of your millions.

This is not an action that is defendable in my opinion. This wasn't from the National Enquirer DTR, it came from the police report. I'm shocked that you are defending this. Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3

5Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:36 pm

Dave, say what you want, but if it was an argument over 20 cents, when he makes millions of dollars a year, hell, if he made 10 dollars an hour this would still be stupid.

He might not have get convicted for assult because it's totally debatable about how much of it is true and if it was just his cousin who did it, BUT, it was 20 cents, that will follow him around for life, haha. No one will ever let that go, fans, opponits, and team mates. Could be the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life.

6Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:40 pm

I'm not defending anyone...but I can speak from experience that the story the Cabbie is saying may not be the entire truth. If you have more than one child you know this is definately true, but also I was with Dawg one day when something similar happened. As it turns out Dawg was ahead of me at a market and I was witness to a small arguement where he had mistakenly handed over a 50.00 bill to pay for something that was 2 dollars and change. What he got in return was change for a 5 dollar bill and after an arguement about whether a street vendor would have a 50.00 in his till he finally just let it lay and walked away.

Next day he was in the local paper having beat the vendor up. Luckily there were several witnesses that came to his defense so I wasn't the only one, but I can't believe what some people will do when they are face to face with someone they think they can get money out of.

All I'm saying is I would rather to hear the story from the people investigating the issue rather than a one sided story from a cabbie.

DW

7Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:44 pm

hemlock wrote:
Or you are a cheap bastard who isn't willing to tip a working man out of your millions.

This is not an action that is defendable in my opinion. This wasn't from the National Enquirer DTR, it came from the police report. I'm shocked that you are defending this. Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3

Hem,

The police report is nothing more than the cabbie detailing in writing what happened. I'll wait to see if the police follow through with charges and the outcome of their investigation. If it is true then I'm appalled and I'm not the only one, I can only say that the converstaions Dawg has had this morning has a tone of cautious disapproval that a parent would have after hearing their child beat up another child several years younger.

I'm only hearing one side of the converstaion but I can assume that people in Chicago want some answers, and then will have very little sympathy for Kane if he is indeed guilty. Dawg says Scotty B. and the rest of the management team will not have much time for these types of actions.

DW

8Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:46 pm

Very true DW. Still stupid the get yourself into that sitation. Kane is a young man and even if he gave the guy a 50 it might have just been better to say "screw it, it's not worth it". It's a drop in the bucket.

It's just stupid to get yourself into that situation and we still dont know exactly what his cousin did.

9Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Very true DW. Still stupid the get yourself into that sitation. Kane is a young man and even if he gave the guy a 50 it might have just been better to say "screw it, it's not worth it". It's a drop in the bucket.

It's just stupid to get yourself into that situation and we still dont know exactly what his cousin did.

You can not be more correct. Most teams and I believe the NHLPA as well has people come in to talk to the players (mostly the young guys) about how to protect themselves. Like walking away, keeping people around you that you trust to help buffer the situation.

To be in the situation is bad news...

10Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:57 pm

Yuppers, this is all bad judgement on Kane's part. Everyone has had a run in with a cabby if you go out enough, they always pull that kid of crap, doesnt matter if you're rich or poor. Happened to me and a buddy, we just said "screw it, keep the 5 dollars, f** you, and good night". I'm sure that would have done.

Anyways, this was just needless and will end up hurting his name. Might have wave bye bye to the cover of EA sports as well.

11Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:58 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Whaaaaaaaat

Hem, you have no facts.

Or have you seen the police report?

But of course, you have an opinion.
Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3

And I challenge you to tell me where I 'defend' Patrick Kane. There's nothing to defend about an incident of this nature.

12Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:00 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Dawg's Wife wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Very true DW. Still stupid the get yourself into that sitation. Kane is a young man and even if he gave the guy a 50 it might have just been better to say "screw it, it's not worth it". It's a drop in the bucket.

You can not be more correct. Most teams and I believe the NHLPA as well has people come in to talk to the players (mostly the young guys) about how to protect themselves. Like walking away, keeping people around you that you trust to help buffer the situation.

To be in the situation is bad news...

Any good and true friend or family member in this case should help look out for your best interests when you reach this level.

13Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:00 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Yuppers, this is all bad judgement on Kane's part. Everyone has had a run in with a cabby if you go out enough, they always pull that kid of crap, doesnt matter if you're rich or poor. Happened to me and a buddy, we just said "screw it, keep the 5 dollars, f** you, and good night". I'm sure that would have done.

Anyways, this was just needless and will end up hurting his name. Might have wave bye bye to the cover of EA sports as well.

Neely, aren't you jumping to conclusions?

Nobody knows what really happened at this point...except the people who were there.

14Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:06 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:

Whaaaaaaaat

Or it's just proper journalistic procedure to report a criminal offense as an allegation. The media can't print that both Kanes have been charged and found guilty of assault if that isn't the case, hence, allegedly.

15Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:11 pm

davetherave wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Yuppers, this is all bad judgement on Kane's part. Everyone has had a run in with a cabby if you go out enough, they always pull that kid of crap, doesnt matter if you're rich or poor. Happened to me and a buddy, we just said "screw it, keep the 5 dollars, f** you, and good night". I'm sure that would have done.

Neely, aren't you jumping to conclusions?

Nobody knows what really happened at this point...except the people who were there.

The fact he was actually in that situation was stupid Dave. I think there is way more to this then is being said, but there is truth to it no matter what you say. The fact there is SOME truth to this story makes it a stupid situation to be put in, by himself or others.

He's a pro athlete, has to act like one, how ever little or small this is. Dung happens, but you have to avoid the Dung.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum