GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues

+6
The Silfer Server
Tuk Tuk
Sens19
PKC
Phoenix30
davetherave
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:00 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 5289_115
Big Pimpin'!

Laughing3

This is my fav...

Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 5448_1110199687424_1599818220_30328485_2442155_n

32Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:13 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Kane20cents

33Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:14 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 PatrickKanecopy

34Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:28 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

bahaha those are hilarioius, the NHL cover is epic

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

35Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:52 pm

Dawg's Wife wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Or you are a cheap bastard who isn't willing to tip a working man out of your millions.

This is not an action that is defendable in my opinion. This wasn't from the National Enquirer DTR, it came from the police report. I'm shocked that you are defending this. Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3

Hem,

The police report is nothing more than the cabbie detailing in writing what happened. I'll wait to see if the police follow through with charges and the outcome of their investigation. If it is true then I'm appalled and I'm not the only one, I can only say that the converstaions Dawg has had this morning has a tone of cautious disapproval that a parent would have after hearing their child beat up another child several years younger.

I'm only hearing one side of the converstaion but I can assume that people in Chicago want some answers, and then will have very little sympathy for Kane if he is indeed guilty. Dawg says Scotty B. and the rest of the management team will not have much time for these types of actions.

DW

Let me ask you this. Why, if this is only about 20 cents, would the cabbie not embellish the story? I mean if he's only in it to get paid, and is willing to lie to police, would he not make the claim that he was cheated out of $50 (or hell $500).

I don't know the truth obviously, but the man had bruises and whatnot, so I guess we can believe that the cabbie is being truthful, or he's embellishing the story. Or maybe he beat himself up and made up the 20 cent story. That's the real flag here for me about this story.

It will be interesting to see what the franchise will do if this story has legs.

36Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:06 pm

davetherave wrote:
hemlock wrote:
davetherave wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=287230

Whaaaaaaaat

I read the story in the Buffalo News.

A dispute over a $15 dollar cab fare and a little more than a dollar in change...and who knows what provoked it.

Aaron Besecker of the Buffalo News:

"Kane, 20, and James M. Kane, 21, were arrested about 5 a.m. on Eastwood Place, according to Buffalo police reports.

The pair allegedly punched the cab driver and grabbed money they had handed him after he told them he didn't have twenty cents in coins to give them their change, the report said.

Their fare was $13.80 and they handed the driver $15, according to a report.

The cab driver told police he was punched in the face and head, grabbed by the throat and had his glasses broken during the incident."

Allegedly is the operative word.

That's what happens when you're a famous hockey player and you get into an argument in public.

Or you are a cheap bastard who isn't willing to tip a working man out of your millions.

This is not an action that is defendable in my opinion. This wasn't from the National Enquirer DTR, it came from the police report. I'm shocked that you are defending this. Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3

Hem, you have no facts.

Or have you seen the police report?

But of course, you have an opinion.
Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3

And I challenge you to tell me where I 'defend' Patrick Kane. There's nothing to defend about an incident of this nature.

Don't bother responding to my posts dtr. I have next to zero respect for you.

37Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:16 pm

Well that's not very nice.

38Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll never forget hearing a guy call Ron Fournier's radio show claiming that he gave Mike Modano a deal on cowboy boots with the understanding that there would be tickets at the will-call for him for a Montreal-Dallas game and he alleges he got stiffed...

Good times.

39Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:19 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Well that's not very nice.

Haha. Hi Pot, I'm kettle.

40Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:21 pm

Doesnt mean it was very nice, tisk tisk.

41Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:26 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:[

Ooh, Hemmy--or is it Zoolander?--you're so cute when you're angry. Laughing3

Are you going to quit the forum again?

42Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:27 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Hem,

The police report is nothing more than the cabbie detailing in writing what happened. I'll wait to see if the police follow through with charges and the outcome of their investigation. If it is true then I'm appalled and I'm not the only one, I can only say that the converstaions Dawg has had this morning has a tone of cautious disapproval that a parent would have after hearing their child beat up another child several years younger.

I'm only hearing one side of the converstaion but I can assume that people in Chicago want some answers, and then will have very little sympathy for Kane if he is indeed guilty. Dawg says Scotty B. and the rest of the management team will not have much time for these types of actions.

DW

Let me ask you this. Why, if this is only about 20 cents, would the cabbie not embellish the story? I mean if he's only in it to get paid, and is willing to lie to police, would he not make the claim that he was cheated out of $50 (or hell $500).

I don't know the truth obviously, but the man had bruises and whatnot, so I guess we can believe that the cabbie is being truthful, or he's embellishing the story. Or maybe he beat himself up and made up the 20 cent story. That's the real flag here for me about this story.

It will be interesting to see what the franchise will do if this story has legs.

It's not a dispute over just 20 cents, that was the initial reason for the conflict according to the story. The story went on to say that the Kanes took their money back ($15) and beat up the cabbie when he got into an argument with them over them not paying their fare.

If you take a taxi, and you don't pay your fare, it's called stealing. It's no different than stealing a dvd from a futureshop or a shirt from a clothing store. The fact that the police have charged them with felony robbery and misdemeanour counts of theft of services and criminal mischief indicates that there is substantial legs behind this story.

What comes of it? Who knows. But for anyone just brushing this story off as a nothing is ridiculous.

43Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:38 pm

davetherave wrote:
hemlock wrote:[

Ooh, Hemmy--or is it Zoolander?--you're so cute when you're angry. Laughing3

Are you going to quit the forum again?

Erm no. The difference is that before, you had the nerve to tell me I didn't have the right to criticize Don Waddell's tenure as Atlanta GM. You see, back then, I actually respected you as a postive contributor to this board. Now I realize that you are a windbag who's more interested in seeing his own print.

Since then, I've grown to see that you are the most immature 54 man in the history of humankind. You repeatedly show a blantant disregard for others by continuing to post full legnth newspaper articles here when a simple web link would do. I'm going to assume (since you love that so much) that you do it because it irks people (see the thread where several people agreed with me that it's annoying) and you somehow get off on that. You don't seem to acknowledge or care that people have expressed that you stop doing that, and instead post a link so that people can decide whether or not to read a full story or not without having you cram it down our throats. You have also on occasion cricitized people for their opinions here. Who the Diddle are you to tell someone their opinion is right or wrong?

In short, ingoring you is really no big deal anyway, since I skip 9/10 of your posts as it is. And I can assure you I am not the only one. I see those full page posts of some news article and more often than not, I skip right by them. If I want to read news, I'll go to the site. When you aren't busy doing that or telling people what their opinions ought to be, you are posting some other fluff then turning it "Over to you GM members". Very little of what comes out of your mouth is actually worth reading.

Finally, the fact thay you bring up the quit the forum comment is proof that you are only looking to antogonize me. I don't let it bother me now since I have no, none, zero, respect for you. You are incapable of seeing your own faults.

44Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Doesnt mean it was very nice, tisk tisk.

Thanks, but you'll excuse me if that means very little coming from you. You are by far the rudest, most unkind person on this board. You've practically admitted that yourself.

45Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Do you have high blood pressure?

46Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:46 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Do you have high blood pressure?

Nope. It's actually bordering on low. Thanks for asking though.

47Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:48 pm

Ya, I just took mine too, 126 over 74... while I was drinking a coffee. Pretty happy with that.

Anyways, that was quite the rant, pretty unaccurate in regards to DTR, but entertaining non the less.

48Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues - Page 3 Empty Re: Kane Arrested; Media Firestorm Ensues Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:52 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I wouldn't say it was inaccurate...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum