GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way

+9
Hoags
shabbs
rooneypoo
tim1_2
NEELY
Da lil Guy
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:42 pm

Da lil Guy

Rookie
Rookie

Da lil Guy wrote:I'm going to say $950k for year one, 1.15 for year two....but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes as high as $1-1.2 million average.

It's $950K year one, $1.2 million year two.

Pretty close.

32Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:09 pm

strachattack

Rookie
Rookie

Da lil Guy wrote:
Da lil Guy wrote:I'm going to say $950k for year one, 1.15 for year two....but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes as high as $1-1.2 million average.

Pretty close.

Good call. Cheers

33Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:39 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

19.4% raise (from $900K to $1.075M cap hit). More than I expected but not by all that much. On the other hand you can look at it as a 5.6% raise this year, and a 33% raise the second year. He'd better have a pretty good year to warrant a 33% raise Dammit!

34Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:45 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Da lil Guy wrote:

Pretty close.

Very good guess!

It's a pinch more than I was expecting, but I'm not going to Wing Dang Doodle over $150K at this point. Can't wait to put 'em all on the ice and see what they can do.

35Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:49 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:19.4% raise (from $900K to $1.075M cap hit). More than I expected but not by all that much. On the other hand you can look at it as a 5.6% raise this year, and a 33% raise the second year. He'd better have a pretty good year to warrant a 33% raise Dammit!

If Butler hits 20 goals in either year, he's earned his wages. There's always the sophmore slump to worry about, but I'd be shocked if he didn't -- if he plays with Spezza at ES and the PP, then I'd expect him to do it in both years, frankly.

I like the kid's moxy. I don't think he'll ever be a huge point producer, but I think in his prime he'll score 20 goals / 20-30 assists pretty consistently. 60 points in a career year. He shoots a lot, which is a good sign, and he seems to have a nose for the net.

So excited to see how all these kids do with the full year in front of them.

36Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:45 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:19.4% raise (from $900K to $1.075M cap hit). More than I expected but not by all that much. On the other hand you can look at it as a 5.6% raise this year, and a 33% raise the second year. He'd better have a pretty good year to warrant a 33% raise Dammit!

If Butler hits 20 goals in either year, he's earned his wages. There's always the sophmore slump to worry about, but I'd be shocked if he didn't -- if he plays with Spezza at ES and the PP, then I'd expect him to do it in both years, frankly.

I like the kid's moxy. I don't think he'll ever be a huge point producer, but I think in his prime he'll score 20 goals / 20-30 assists pretty consistently. 60 points in a career year. He shoots a lot, which is a good sign, and he seems to have a nose for the net.

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

37Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:58 am

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

The key to the deal is the term, because by going two years Butler gives up his first year of arbitration eligibility.

If he has a 50 point season this year, $1.2 million will look like a steal in the next.

38Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:43 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice! 2 years but I hope he won't drag us to arbitration after just to become a UFA the next.

depending on what happens in trainning camp I wouldn't be surprised to see both Petersson and Hoffman ahead of daug. I just have him pegged as an AHLer. Hoff and Petersson have both top6 or bust written all over them. Hope it's top6.

39Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:07 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

He already fought through a mini-slump (by his standards) in the playoffs, IMO. The only thing we need to do is not get TOO excited about what he does in pre-season and set expectations based on that. See: Nick "No-Goals" Foligno.

40Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:48 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

He already fought through a mini-slump (by his standards) in the playoffs, IMO. The only thing we need to do is not get TOO excited about what he does in pre-season and set expectations based on that. See: Nick "No-Goals" Foligno.

at this point foligno can't do anything to not impress me i've set the bar so low for him. everytime he'll score i'll be impressed.

41Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:17 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

To be fair, Butler played a buttload of games last year, too, but I see what you're saying.

I figure that, just to reach 200 goals on the year, we need something like 60 goals, minimum, out of Regin, Foligno, Butler, and Filatov. Some one will have that opportunity to step up -- and, to be frank, we're going to need to have someone do so, or it's going to be a long year with very little goal-celebrating to look forward to.

We need a clear 20+ goal scorer to emerge here out of that group, or we need them all to prosper, mildly, to the tune of something like 12-18 goals a piece.

42Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:05 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

To be fair, Butler played a buttload of games last year, too, but I see what you're saying.

I figure that, just to reach 200 goals on the year, we need something like 60 goals, minimum, out of Regin, Foligno, Butler, and Filatov. Some one will have that opportunity to step up -- and, to be frank, we're going to need to have someone do so, or it's going to be a long year with very little goal-celebrating to look forward to.

We need a clear 20+ goal scorer to emerge here out of that group, or we need them all to prosper, mildly, to the tune of something like 12-18 goals a piece.
in all honesty i could see foligno ranging in the 17-20 goals, if he's left on the first 2 lines all year filatov could net 20 and even then maybe more if he plays with spezza. regin i say 15 goals maybe 20... again it really depends where he lands. if he's on the 3rd maybe 10 is more realistic. butler in my books is the best case for goals out of all those. depending how much he's worked this summer(and rested) if he finds that same chemistry he's had with spezza he could notch 30+ even with regin who is pretty damn good at distributing the puck he could get 20+. that 70-80 goals there. maybe i'm being an optimist alot will be in the hands of our D and seeing if they do a good job in bringing up the puck to our forwards.

43Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:17 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I called 20+ for Foligno. I figure he either breaks out or gets traded this season.

A lot has to fall in place for those guys to share 70-80 goals. It's possible, but I wouldn't put money on it.

44Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:20 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Butler and Filatov are our best hopes for scoring. Hopefully Spezza, Alfie and Michalek will stay healthy and put up the points we know they can. Foligno might be as well assuming MacLean can use him properly, same with Regin.

I watch Filatov highlights from time to time and wonder how the Diddle does a player that good not stick in the NHL ?

45Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Butler and Filatov are our best hopes for scoring. Hopefully Spezza, Alfie and Michalek will stay healthy and put up the points we know they can. Foligno might be as well assuming MacLean can use him properly, same with Regin.

I watch Filatov highlights from time to time and wonder how the Diddle does a player that good not stick in the NHL ?
I'm just happy it's not clouston that handles filatov. he might have been good in bingo but i wonder if he would have done to filatov what he did to regin.
there's so much we don't know this season based alone on the coaching. that aloe is very exciting.

46Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:Butler and Filatov are our best hopes for scoring. Hopefully Spezza, Alfie and Michalek will stay healthy and put up the points we know they can. Foligno might be as well assuming MacLean can use him properly, same with Regin.

I'm just happy it's not clouston that handles filatov. he might have been good in bingo but i wonder if he would have done to filatov what he did to regin.
there's so much we don't know this season based alone on the coaching. that aloe is very exciting.

He could have done to Filatov what he did to Butler, Greening or Karlsson too. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

47Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby Butler re-signs - 2 years/1 way Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:01 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I was just reading the Citizen's sports page. I didn't realize it until I read it, but Bobby B scored 45 goals last season. 10 in Ottawa, 22 in B-town reg season, and 13 (in 23 Ahhhhh! ) in the playoffs. That's encouraging.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum