GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler

+15
Devo
ddt
SensHulk
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
wprager
rooneypoo
SDH89
PKC
Phoenix30
sens4win
PTFlea
LeCaptain
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Empty Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:20 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.telegram.com/article/20100328/NEWS/100329719/1009/SPORTS

Former Marlboro High hockey star Bobby Butler has agreed to a contract
with the Ottawa Senators. The University of New Hampshire forward and
Hobby Baker finalist will join his new team on Tuesday when Ottawa plays
in Washington.

Butler was named the Hockey East Player of the Year and recipient of the
Walter Brown Award, presented to the best American-born college hockey
player in New England.

Butler, who had 50 points during the
regular season, helped UNH reach the East Regional final where the
Wildcats were defeated by RIT on Saturday. Butler scored twice in UNH's
win over Cornell in the semifinals.

Info:
http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/mice/2009-10/releases/20100323zinw5f

VIdeo:
http://www.butlerforhobey.com/

Stats:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=97707

2Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Empty Re: Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Me likey free prospects. Smile

3Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Empty Re: Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:23 pm

Wonder if he steps right into the 3rd line center role next year? Man, a lot of compition next year in camp... It's going to be fierce.

I wonder if he plays one game up here this year like Winchester did?

4Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Empty Re: Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Murray has found ridiculous prospects in uni. and college, this is nothing but a very good thing.

5Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Empty Re: Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Wonder if he steps right into the 3rd line center role next year? Man, a lot of compition next year in camp... It's going to be fierce.

Yeah, he's apparently joining the Sens for the Washington game, maybe he gets a look against them or Carolina. Can't hurt.

6Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Empty Re: Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:30 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Wonder if he steps right into the 3rd line center role next year? Man, a lot of compition next year in camp... It's going to be fierce.

Yeah, he's apparently joining the Sens for the Washington game, maybe he gets a look against them or Carolina. Can't hurt.
is he playing in the washington game or just joining the team the day of ?

7Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Empty Re: Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sens4win wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

is he playing in the washington game or just joining the team the day of ?

Right now he's just joining the team, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a game for sure.

8Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Empty Re: Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:34 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

please tell me im right by saying this guy has 53 points with only 39 games played Whaaa?

9Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Empty Re: Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Ottawa Senators are close to signing American college star Bobby Butler, Hockey Night in Canada 's Elliotte Friedman reported Sunday.

Butler, 22, plays in the NCAA for New Hampshire, and led all college players in scoring during the regular season with 27 goals.

He added two more when New Hampshire beat Cornell 6-2 on Friday in the first round of the NCAA men's hockey championship, but his team was eliminated a day later by Rochester Institute of Technology.

Ottawa apparently beat out strong bids from New Jersey, Pittsburgh, and Vancouver for Butler's services.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2010/03/28/sp-sens-butler.html#ixzz0jWhFoq3R

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Empty Re: Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, I'm pleased as punch, there appears to have been legitimate interest from other teams, he was the captain, the top scorer in the East or something. Lalalala

11Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Empty Re: Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sens4win wrote:please tell me im right by saying this guy has 53 points with only 39 games played Whaaa?

Yeah, but those numbers aren't a reflection of what kind of an NHL player he'll be necessarily. Bozak had 19 in 23 games, Winchester 47 in 53. From what I've read he's got a nice scoring touch though.

12Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Empty Re: Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sensational Spezza posted this on HF:

Butler's stats compared to other former college players signed as UFAs.....

Bobby Butler: 39-29-24-53
Tyler Bozak: 19-8-15-23
Christian Hanson: 37-16-15-31
Dan Sexton: 38-17-22-39
Jesse Winchester: 40-8-29-37
Casey Wellman: 36-23-22-45

13Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Empty Re: Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:38 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
The Ottawa Senators are close to signing American college star Bobby Butler, Hockey Night in Canada 's Elliotte Friedman reported Sunday.

Butler, 22, plays in the NCAA for New Hampshire, and led all college players in scoring during the regular season with 27 goals.

He added two more when New Hampshire beat Cornell 6-2 on Friday in the first round of the NCAA men's hockey championship, but his team was eliminated a day later by Rochester Institute of Technology.

Ottawa apparently beat out strong bids from New Jersey, Pittsburgh, and Vancouver for Butler's services.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stor...#ixzz0jWhFoq3R
just read that page go read the comments at the bottom when is there ever not a leaf sens battle in the comments of a tsn page or hockey talk in general

14Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Empty Re: Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:40 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

he will be the next best bobby that ever played in the nhl besides bobby Orr (to much to ask?)

15Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Empty Re: Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:43 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
sens4win wrote:please tell me im right by saying this guy has 53 points with only 39 games played Whaaa?

Yeah, but those numbers aren't a reflection of what kind of an NHL player he'll be necessarily. Bozak had 19 in 23 games, Winchester 47 in 53. From what I've read he's got a nice scoring touch though.

Did you watch the video? there was a goal from the goal line Sens sign UNH senior Bobby Butler 444385

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum