GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011

+23
stempniaksen
22_4_ever
TheAvatar
SensGirl11
ddt
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
garblar
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Hoags
sandysensfan
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
Riprock
Ev
spader
SensHulk
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33 ... 61  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 61]

61All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon May 02, 2011 8:05 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:So, half way through the first, Philly is spanking Boston 3-0. Whaaa?

Only 2-0.

Weird. I had checked on TSN and it had JVR with 2 and Briere with 1. They've fixed it now.

62All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon May 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Now 2-1.

63All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon May 02, 2011 8:07 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:WOOOOOOOOOOOO I don't like the Bolts but GO BOLTS! Diddle the Caps! 2-0!

I don't have real animosity toward any of the teams. Heatlbag is an obvious target for my scorn, an I've never been a big fan of Thornton. I always admired Detroit -- hard to hate that team; maybe that's why they've been so hard to beat until they got Bertuzzi. Even though the Canucks are the last Canadian team left I find it hard to cheer for the Sedins, and the better Nashville does the better our 2012 pick, plus I still want to cheer for Fisherwood. So it's easy for me to cheer in the West (might get tough in the WCF though; come on Detroit, you can do it.)

Tampa is an expansion team that beat the Sens to the Cup and I'll never forget that. If they go up on us 2-0 I will have a new team atop my "most hated franchises" list. I don't mind the Caps, and if they lose there's a chance Boudreau gets consideration for the Sens' coaching job. No thanks. Go Caps, I guess, remember what the Bruins just did. Between Boston and Philly I really couldn't care less. I don't even like Thomas (talk about being a poor winner -- I'm not a fan of PK but Thomas really should just keep his trap shut *after* they beat them). I feel sorry for Chara but is that really an excuse to cheer for a team? Pronger tips the scales slightly into Boston's favor -- I'll be less disappointed if Boston makes it to the ECF.

So that about does it. First round was great, but this one is turning out horribly for me. The only team I like (Detroit) look like they can't wait to finally try out those new Callaways they got from Santa. Bah!

Good thing Bingo is still in it.

I missed this. What did Thomas say?

Also, I couldn't agree more about Boudreau. After the 24/7 show, I definitely don't get the sense that he's much of a communicator.

http://www.lfpress.com/sports/hockey/2011/04/28/18080076.html

Thomas took one last shot at Subban -- who sent Game 7 into overtime Wednesday when he beat Thomas on the power play late in the game -- on Boston radio station WEEI Thursday.

Thomas said he doesn't respect the way Subban plays. Subban went down easy (think of those old Nestea commercials with the guy falling backward into a swimming pool) against Bruins forward Gregory Campbell at one point in Game 7, trying to draw a penalty.

"I have respect for the Montreal Canadiens team and the way they played that series and the way that they battled, but to be completely honest, I don't have respect for actions like that," Thomas said.

"That's a travesty to the game. That's not the way the way the game is supposed to be played. When I saw that happen in the first period, when he threw himself back on Campbell, it can be infuriating.

"If anything, it seems the refs let him get away with more, which I'm very surprised at. He's making the refs look not good on a regular basis. He has got enough talent, and he's a good enough player that there's no need for stuff like that."

64All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon May 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Actually, now it's 2-2.

65All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon May 02, 2011 8:28 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

2-2 after 1.

66All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon May 02, 2011 9:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bobrovsky in. Boucher was seen stretching his groin.

67All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon May 02, 2011 9:16 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Bobrovsky in. Boucher was seen stretching his groin.

I think it was his hand.

68All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon May 02, 2011 9:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:

I think it was his hand.

He was stretching his hand with his groin?

In any case, he was back to start the third.

69All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon May 02, 2011 10:10 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

JVR is having a break out party these playoffs. Reminds me of Giroux 2 years ago. And to think they already had the best forwards group in the league...

70All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Mon May 02, 2011 10:41 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

This game is over. Boston knew it before the refs. Krejci put it in and started to celebrate then the refs called no goal.

Embarrassing for the refs.

Boston with a 2-0 series lead.

71All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 03, 2011 12:56 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:JVR is having a break out party these playoffs. Reminds me of Giroux 2 years ago. And to think they already had the best forwards group in the league...

No it reminds you of Giroux last year.

Flyers blow.

72All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 03, 2011 7:10 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

I think it was his hand.

He was stretching his hand with his groin?

In any case, he was back to start the third.

It was definitely his hand. He took a shot in the trapper and then was visibly protecting his hand afterwards. He came out immediately. TSN showed a closeup of his hand when he was skating to the bench, and it looked like one or two of his fingers were "in distress".

73All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 03, 2011 11:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:JVR is having a break out party these playoffs. Reminds me of Giroux 2 years ago. And to think they already had the best forwards group in the league...

JVR is playing incredible hockey. I think the Flyers have found a nice replacement for the forward(s) they'll have to let go of to stay under the cap.

Plus, JVR's next contract should go down because of the ridiculous bonuses he's earning. Good news for the Flyers. He and Giroux (and Leino) look amazing.

74All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 03, 2011 11:48 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They should sell high on JVR. Cheap cat hit, tons of teams would want him.

PS Leino is barely noticeable.

75All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 03, 2011 11:56 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:They should sell high on JVR. Cheap cat hit, tons of teams would want him.

PS Leino is barely noticeable.

Hahaha, cheap cat hit.

Besides having 2 less points than JVR and netting the OT winner the other night, yeah, Leino hasn't done much. What exactly are you looking for? He's a hard forechecker who gets pucks back to JVR and/or Giroux depending on who he's playing with and has ice in his veins in OT.

76All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 03, 2011 12:00 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why/how does he have "ice in his veins in OT"? What are you basing that on?...

77All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You can pretty much say most players have ice in their veins in OT, because you can't really prove that at all.

78All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Why/how does he have "ice in his veins in OT"? What are you basing that on?...

Last year he was on a line with Briere and Hartnell and they were directly responsible for at least 2 OT wins. This year, he's with JVR and Giroux (for most of the time) and again, they were responsible for a huge OT win to take them to the 2nd round I think - or if not, to force a Game 7 - and it was Leino's goal. No panic, just roofed it as Miller was going down.

He's a solid player, I'm not sure why he gets some negative press on this specific site (and nowhere else....maybe Detroit I guess).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 61]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33 ... 61  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum